Status: Complete

I Never Meant to Hurt You

Court

The next morning I woke up to be greeted by the most amazing pair of beautiful icy blue eyes, I smiled instantly while and arm wrapped around my waist.

“I’m worried.” Jared almost whispered.

“About what?” I asked curiously.

“Two things, the first is that you are waking up too early I’m not liking that.” Jared said seriously.

I blinked trying to not laugh in his face and get into this joke with him.

“And the second?” I asked looking him in the eyes.

“I’m thinking if you’ll like a little visit.” Jared smirked kicking the covers back.

I sat in the bed watching him closely, he opened the door and suddenly the mighty Judas entered the room.

“Judas!” I greeted happily while Judas jumped on the bed making me lay with him on top of me licking my face.

“For someone who was afraid of dogs…” Jared said still standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest observing with a tender smile.

“It’s good to have him back, I missed him.” I smiled caressing Judas head while he laid on Jared’s side of the bed.

“There’s more.” Jared announced.

I stood up quickly and I grabbed his hand bringing him behind me when I saw 3 bags in the middle of the living room and then Tomo, Tim and Shannon all laughing around someone.

“Ah!” Jo yelled passing by them.

“AH!” I yelled going towards her hugging her tightly.

“These two…” Shannon smirked while Jared and him laughed at me and Jo.

“I can’t believe you’re here!” I smiled hugging her again.

“I know but I can’t work anymore so they were gentlemen.” Jo smiled while Shannon placed his arm around her shoulder.

Her stomach was getting bigger and bigger which for me was the cutest thing, I smiled caressing Jo’s belly.

“Jo… How are the baby clothes, beds and all of that going? You have already bought them right?” I asked smiling while Jo hide more against Shannon smiling like a small child.

“You haven’t…” I shook my head.

“Oh no…” Jo said when I grinned at her.

“We don’t have anything better to do!” I said while Jared pouted.

“I thought you would be at the sound check.” Jared said sadly.

“And we will! We’ll just take a couple of hours I promise.” I said tip-toeing to reach his lips and kiss him sweetly.

I ran back to the bed room and put some clothes on, I smiled when I returned grabbing my purse on the way and then locking my arm with Jo’s.

“Adios chicos.” I waved winking.

“Chica te quiero!” Jared laughed.

“Yo tambien!” I answered Jo and I laughing.

Jo and I spent the next hours choosing some clothes for the twins as well as wallpapers for their room, beds for them, some toys.

“You’ll be a great mom.” Jo smiled picking a toy of Winnie the Pooh.

“I’m not even a wife yet.” I grinned.

“Soon Paty we can feel it.” Jo said her hand instinctively resting on her very round belly.

“I’m screwed, next week is the court session. Christ she really screwed me.” I said when we climbed the two stairs that led to the tour bus.

“Paty everything will go okay you didn’t do anything on purpose she did, she lied about who was Fiona’s father.” Jo said resting a hand in my shoulder giving me support.

~~Next Monday; L.A~~

It was the judgment day and I woke up very early I was really nervous, so much that I couldn’t sleep. I slipped crefully from Jared’s arms and I went to the bathroom where I showered, then I dressed a more formal type of clothes and I went towards the living room, nobody was there it should be really early. I started making some coffee and then two toasts, I ate them slowly and drank the coffee normally trying to totally wake up. I went back to the room and I started looking for the papers when my cell phone vibrated in my pocket.

“Hi Tommy.” I greeted smiling.

Tommy was my lawyer and friend since high school.

“Morning Paty we have to be in an hour in court they anticipated your session.” He informed.

“Oh okay I’ll be there.” I said nervously sighing deeply.

“Don’t be nervous it will be a piece of cake.” Tommy reassured.

“I know, my lawyer is the best.” I smiled.

“I won’t let them arrest you I promise.” Tommy said.

“Thanks dude see you later.” I said now really getting scared, there was a slight possibily for me to be arrested.

“Bye and calm down.” Tommy said and I hand up.

I sat on the couch listening to Kings of Leon that surprisingly started to calm me down and I watched my chest go up and down as I breathed. Suddenly I felt a hand land in my shoulder, I turned my head to see Jared and I realize I was crying.

“Good morning.” He said sweetly sitting beside me and pushing me to his lap.

My head rested in his neck while his arm embraced my back and his other arm rested on my belly allowing his hand to caress my cheek.

“Nerves are starting to kick out on my Paty…” Jared started turning my face to his.

I kept crying and crying silently, I wasn’t shaking much but I felt a huge weight in my chest I felt like if I was about to stop breathing.

“Little Paty… everything will be okay, Tommy is a great lawyer and the judge will be a wise man and see that Allison is clearly after money.” Jared said kissing me a small kiss.

My arms went around his neck keeping his face glued to mine my tears sliding down his cheeks. His grip on my back pushed me more against him so I was sitting on his lap my legs on either side of his body.

“You’re not going anywhere, I won’t let you.” Jared whispered drowning his face in my hair.

“I’m just so scared.” I blurted more tears coming.

“Don’t be, that’s what she wants.” Jared said.

“I know but she won’t win, she won’t, she won’t!” I said angrily Jared giggled.

“I wouldn’t like to be your enemy, what a temper…” He said smiling at me his smile was contagious in a way that I found myself smiling.

“Better?” He asked resting his nose in mine.

“A lot, thank you for the patience.” I said kissing him sweetly.

“Now, enough tears we have to get dressed.” Jared said kissing my cheek.

“We?” I asked while he picked me up.

“Of course I woulnd’t leave you alone in one of the days that you need me the most.” Jared said.

I smiled warmly while Jared put me down taking my hand in his protectively. I waited for him to dress formally meanwhile everyone started to wake up.

“Good morning.” Shannon said hugging me tightly.

I didn’t say anything I just hugged him back feeling him comfort me, I smiled confidently.

“Good luck!”Jo yelled with her hand in her air as I and Jared left the tour bus behind.

“Bye guys!” I waved back laughing.

Jared and I reached the court were an army of paparazzi was waiting with cameras in hands, when we started to approach the stairs of the entry flashes came from everywhere. Jared put his arm around my shoulder pushing me lightly against him while the paparazzi ran towards him making questions.

“Paty! Paty!” One of them called, I recognized his voice it was one of the few that had respected me once. I was doing some shopping and he saw me but he was a gentleman enough to not follow me to my car and take pictures to every move I made.

I kept walking now slower because of the paparazzi surrounding us.

“Please let us pass!” Jared said never letting go of me while clearing the path talking to the paparazzi very politely.

When we were able to climb the few steps and enter the court Tommy was there with his blonde hair shining in the sun.

“Hello sweets.” Tommy said hugging me carefully and then shaking Jared’s hand.

“Good morning.” I said.

“Breath okay?” Jared whispered rubbing my back.

I looked at him and I smiled resting my head in his shoulder.

“Come on let’s go in.” Tommy said opening the court’s door.

I immediately felt intimidated as I entered feeling everyone’s eyes on me specially my father’s who had the look I had feared for years the look that he used to scare me and make me respect him through fear. I sat next to Tommy and Jared had to sit in the back because he was a witness.

Shannon, Tomo and Jo were also witnesses but they had told everything to the police that had put it in the report they gave the judge. Suddenly Allison entering with the cockiest face by her side Hugh I KNEW IT! I thought angrily, behind her an old lady holding Fiona that seemed scared, how could Allison do that to her daughter?

I looked back at Jared and he was also looking at her and then he looked towards me smiling. I gave him a small wave and then the judge entered everyone standing up.

“Good morning we are here for the opening of Allison Vri’s case against Patrícia Marques for aggression. May the accused and the victim stand please.” The judge said.

I stood up nervously but I tried to seem calm.

“May the victim’s lawyer begin.” The judge said.

The trial kept going with Allison being heard and doing her stupid theater where she was poor girl who got hit but she was mad when I told the whole story about Fiona. I really thought she would cut my head on that moment or my father who seemed to be on Allison’s side as incredible as that might seem.

“Thomas Garcia, Patrícias lawyer presented a DNA test and I’m going to read the results. Jared Leto is not the father of this child but we took more samples from other males and we found a match. Damien Todd is the father of Fiona Vri.” The judge said.

My eyes widened, he couldn’t be the Damien Todd I knew because the Damien Todd I knew was the same Damien that went with me to Paris where I met Jared. But I was wrong and my friend Damien stood up looking at me with the guiltiest look I had ever seen in his eyes.

I wanted to stand up and face him but Tommy put his hand in shoulder keeping me down, the judge seemed more on my side and I couldn’t ruin that. Damien was questioned by the lawyers and the judge and he showed proof that he could be Fiona’s father what made me surprised that he was actually going to assume Fiona which made me realize that Allison had been hiding her from her father.

After two hours the judge made a break and I sat down feeling a little more relieved. Jared approached me and I stood up as he hugged me.

“You are doing well.” Jared whispered hugging me tightly.

“I’m feeling much better, I felt strangely relieved.” I smiled shyly as I saw my father look from the corner of his eyes when Lucy whispered something to him.

Before he could reach me the judge returned and I stood up as he prepared to read his decision.

“This court has decided that Patrícia Marques is innocent seen that she just punched Allison Vri because she tried to take advantage of Jared Leto’s profession to say that Fiona was his daughter. This court proved she was not so it was decided that Fiona will be taken from her mother and be given to her father’s care for 3 months if after those months Damien Todd proves he can take full care of Fiona he will have her full guard although Allison was have rights on Fiona but only after those 3 months. This session is over.” The judge said and he stood up and left.

I smiled in victory, Fiona was finally going to have a better life. I walked up to Damien.

“Hi.” I said my eyes lightening when Fiona recognized me.

“Hi Fiona.” I said smiling caressing her face.

“Hi…” Damien said weakly.

“It’s okay I’m actually proud of you and I know you’ll take good care of her.” I said hugging Damien.

We might not talk to each other but I hadn’t forgotten all we had lived when we were teens.

“Thanks and I hope to get an invitation.” Damien smiled kissing my forehead.

He turned his back to me and I felt like I had turned a page of a very long book with Damien and that he was finally going to be
Happy, Fiona was his fresh start.

“Let’s go?” Jared asked.

“Yes, we have a wedding to plan.” I grinned.

Jared turned to me to him stunned and he hugged me lifting me from the ground smiling excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big chapter *.* Thanks everyone! <33