The Burning Bridge

When They Met

It was a typical day for Alex, after school he would come home and grab the leash from the hook on the wall next to the back door and he would call for Lucy, his chocolate lab puppy, for a walk in Davis Park. As always, he would take her to the more scenic route that required one to cross Clark's Bridge. It didn't take him long to get there, as it was only four blocks away, and as he got halfway across the walking bridge, he got flung in to the air because his dog decided it was time to run full force at a stranger at the end of the bridge.

The leash was jerked out of his hand as Alex landed face first into the wooden planks that were the walkway of the bridge. He looked up and seen that Lucy had knocked down the stranger and, instead of feasting on his intestines like a chew toy, she was licking the guys face and arms. Alex got up and ran over to Lucy and the stranger pulled her off of him. He then helped the guy up and apologized. "Oh My God sir! Are you alright? Did my dog hurt you?" Alex exclaimed, The man replied "I'm fine, I'm.... Whoa!" "What?", said Alex. "I hope you don't mind me saying, but has anyone ever told you your eyes are so deep that you could get lost into them?"

In fact, several people have told Alex this, but as he looked at the guy, all he could say was "No." Alex stood back a little to get a better look at the guy, he was probably 5'11, and he looked real slender had soft brown hair that was shoulder length and straightened. He had green eyes and Alex guessed that he was a fan of Paramore, from his shirt with the word Riot! written all over it like the CD cover.

"Hi, My name is Alex and this little monster is Lucy, whats your name?" The guy replied "My name is Jack, I'm very pleased to meet you both." Jack also gave Alex a once over. Alex was about the same height as him, maybe a little shorter, and he looked like a twig, a very sexy twig. His hair was dyed black and very short and spiky in the back, but his bangs were long and straight and pulled to one side. He had eyes like the sea, blue with a hint of green that seemed to go on for miles, and he had some guyliner on, the perfect amount.

Alex opened his mouth and started a sentence with "Are you...." but before he could finish, Jack interrupted and said "Yes, I am. Yourself?" "Of Course!" replied Alex. Alex was filling up with joy, because before he met Jack, he thought he was destined to be alone in that small town of Billet. Jack joined Alex and Lucy on their walk and got to know each other a little more. It turned out that Alex and Jack were the same age (17) and enjoyed listening to some of the same bands. Alex learned that Jack and his family had just moved into town over the weekend and Jack's mom was going to be the new ER doctor at the local hospital. Jack Learned that Alex and his family had lived in Billet for Alex's whole life, and that Alex's father was the Chief of Staff at the local hospital.

They agreed to exchange cell numbers and to meet up at the bridge the next day at 4 p.m. so they could talk a little more. Little did they know that the next day they would fall in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know this chapter is short, but i wanted to start out this way to see if you guy's were interested in what would happen to them and all that jazz, lol

so let me know how im doing! next chapter will be longer! i Promise!!!