Giving It All Up

Prologue

.:Damn it, Kyera, why didn’t you listen to me?:.

.:Do you really want me to answer that? Honestly, the times you’ve got me into trouble-:.

.:Alright, alright, but seriously, this time I was being rational!:.

.:For once!:.

I heard Tom sigh in exasperation, but he didn’t say anything else. I wondered what these American wizards wanted me for – as far as I knew, only certain Hogwarts students and teachers knew my secret – that I was a half-elf.

Then again, Tom had known before he’d even met me.

At least the American wizards had given me a luxurious prison cell. I’d been through much worse in Azkaban – there was absolutely no comparison with that horrid place.

I lay back on the huge four poster bed, already bored with my confinement.

.:Serves you right:. Tom smirked in my head. I simply rolled my eyes, knowing he could see me do so.

Not long after that, the door opened, and in stepped one of the American wizards who I’d heard being addressed as Ferrule. He wore a short black cloak open over a dark vest and white shirt. His blond-brown hair was artfully messy, accentuating the sharp edges of his face. He appeared to be in his late twenties, but his deep blue eyes portrayed a man ahead of his years. Prominent cheek bones stood out under tanned skin and I realised that I was staring. He smirked and proceeded over to the bed. I didn’t move, despite having no wand. I was in no danger.

“Are you scared, youngling?” He challenged.

“No,” I said in an unhurried voice. “I’m just curious as to why the American Ministry would kidnap a British witch from under their noses. Are you trying to declare war on Britain?” Though my voice was light, an undercurrent of seriousness ran through it, and I could see him straining to keep his composure.

“We- we don’t want to do that, no. However, our intelligence tells us that you are the one that effectively killed Voldemort.” I inclined my head, ignoring the cry of outrage from Tom. I rubbed my Dark Mark absently as it gave a twinge of pain. “We need your help.”

“Wait- what? You, uh, know how I killed him, right?”

“Yes. We know you are a half-elf – and that you are frighteningly adept at magic. It is the latter that we wish you to use, because we have exhausted our front lines trying to wipe…it…out.”

“And what is ‘it’ exactly?”

“A chimera.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, frustratingly short. However, I am having trouble with my obsession with the Joker (Batman ring any bells?) so its harder than I thought to write this. Also, I thought it was a good time to stop...

Anyway, if you want more, you need to comment, because I'm alot more into another story in production on the Joker...

Thanx alot to all my readers for reading my nonsense for this long!! Love you guys!!