Maxim's Adventure Through Life and Death

Sleep

A gun would be hard to get reach of. It's not like my parents own any. Drowning would be difficult seeing as there is no body of water in this sucky town. Drugs are the way to go. I was sitting in my room brainstorming my own suicide. It felt weird thinking this is my last day, my last hour. I walked to the bathroom, just like I do all the time. I closed the door and opened the medicine cabinet. Cold medicines, pain killers and other drugs cluttered the area. I shifted some of it around and found a see through orange container. I checked the label and smiled to myself. Sleeping Pills. It would be so nice to sleep, to dream forever. It would be peaceful. I poured all the contents into my hand and began swallowing them, three at a time.

A couple minutes later, I found myself in my room. The room was spinning. I was feeling drowsy. I was shocked that the pills were working already. My eye lids were getting heavier as I tried to make my way to my bed. My breathing was swallow and I felt myself taking deeper gasps of air. I looked to my mirror where I had written my last words. In a black sharpie, the words showed up thick and noticeable. My horrid boy writing was clear, but not pretty. It was a simple, easy to understand statement: I'M GAY.

They would understand now. They would have to. I will never have to worry again about living up to their expectations. No one will ever make me become something I'm not. I am Maxim John Kozlov. I like boys and people should have accepted it.

I felt my body fall with a thud. It didn't feel like me. It felt like I was watching a television show or something. Talk about an out of body experience.

I heard someone scream and come into my room, shaking my shoulders, trying to get me up. It was my mother. She was sobbing. "Mom, just leave me. Let me die. I love you, but I need to die. Let me go." I tried to say, but no words came out.

And then everything when dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short, but yeah there.

Comments please.