Let The Barriers Go

WHOA! Well That Was Deep.

"So," I sighed, "are we going to get this over with or not?"
"So I like to play with your hair..is that a problem?" He retorted.
"Well, no, but in the middle of a game yes, yes it is." I glared at him.
"Alright." He said, still mildly fascinated with my hair.
"Here are the rules," he continued, "We'll both take turns asking a question, it can be about anything at all, and you HAVE to answer. Whatever we find out about each other, can't be told to anyone else, and it can't affect our relationship at this time, got it so far?" I nodded. "That's it I think, oh and even though one person asks the question, we both have to answer it, so..I'll start!" He grinned. And he's off! I thought to myself.

"Your full name would be...?"
"Samantha Isabella Whitney Brenick." I said, smiling.
"Mine is Ryan Michael Thomas Kellar."

"Your birthday is when?" I asked just as quick as he replied.
"19 June 1992"
"2 December 1992" I smiled showing I understood the game now.

"Favourite colour(s) is/are?"
"Hot pink and lime green, and yours Rye?"
"Black and, um, black. OH and black, joking. Black and red." He smiled.

"Virgin?"
"Yes, of course." He poked his tongue out like a five year old child. "And you?"
He said in a highly suspicious tone. I tried to act offended.
"I can't believe.." He gave me this, "Just answer the damn question" look, and I nodded.
"Yes." He laughed and stroked my cheek.

And that question, was the beginning of all my worries, the personal and awkward questions, I was hoping I might avoid.

"Define what a relationship means to you?"
I was suprised that he asked a question like this so soon. I hadn't thought about this much.
"Well, um," I stuttered. "A relationship?" I asked myself. "A relationship is a bond between two or more peoples, be it love, or friendsh-" He cut me off and put a hand over my mouth.
"Sam, I said define what a relationship means to YOU! You being the keyword." I sighed.
"Well, a relationship to me would be like," It was really hard to explain I thought to myself. "like, a connection between two people. A really strong connection, one that couldn't be broken." The emotion all began to pour out. "A relationship would be a bond of love. Friendship, enemies, lovers..whatever you want to call it, in my opinion, they are all relationships. Good or bad. A relationship could be fueled by anger, happiness, love or hate, doesn't make a difference. It's all a relationship." I took a deep breath, I don't think any of that made sense! I really don't I started talking about a lovers relationship and turned it into something else. He laughed, and just smiled.
"Well, a relationship to me would be um," he seemed at a loss. I thought he would know his answer already. "well, I had what I was going to say all planned out but I seem to have forgotten. I'm pretty sure it was the same as what you said, so yeah. Next question."
I wasn't totally satisfied with that answer, but I thought nothing of it.

"The perfect relationship for you would be?"
"Well, friendship would be the best relationship for me." And that's when my heart shattered into pieces. FRIENDSHIP! Of course that's all he wanted. Tears began to well up in my eyes. Why was I so stupid to believe that he would want me as anything more? A tear slid down my cheek. And wiped it away gently, looking into my eyes intently. "Sam, I said it WOULD be best for me, seeing as I don't have very good luck in relationships. But a relationship with you, no matter what we are, friends or more, would be the perfect relationship I could ever ask for." He smiled, and somehow my heart was back together and beating vigorously and loudly, yearning for his touch, his sweet scent, him.
I said nothing. And I guess he let me off the hook with this question because he asked another.

"Ever been in love before?"
Oh crap! No way was I off the hook. This is even worse of a question. Great! I gave him a sympathetic look, and maybe a pout. But he stood his ground and insisted on an answer.
"Yes." I said, simply.
"I know you have too, so I guess it's my turn."
"Wait no! WIth who? Tell me."
"One question love, not two." I patted his chin and asked my question.

"Why did you move from um, I don't know where? Why did you come here, to this town?" I was genuinely curious.
"Hmm, that would be my mom's decision, and other family reasons."
"like?"
"One question." He said, all cheeky like. Grr. He was smart, I had to give him that.

"So who were you in love with, the whole story please." He smiled, comforting me.
I took a deep breath. Okay, I know I didn't tell you guys, yes YOU, that I have been in love before, but that's because I would rather NOT remember it.
"His name was Alex and he was much like yourself Rye. He was sweet and smart and sensitive and he loved me alot. We met almost two years ago at a party." I laughed. "This was during my party days. He was different to the other guys at the party, instead of trying to dance with me and feel me up, he just asked for a conversation that's all. I loved him, and he loved me, well I thought he did. We went out for about 8 months and it was going really well.." Tears began to fall, it was still painful to think about him. That's why I say I've never been in love, it's easier you see?
"What happened Sam?" Rye asked sympathetically caressing me in his arms.
"Well, I was walking into the school gates one morning, and Shelle came running towards me crying. I knew something was wrong. She threw her arms around me and screamed out two words that tore my heart into thousands of little pieces.

"He.
Jumped."


And that was my world, everything I ever lived for, GONE. All because HE couldn't handle his life. Selfish? I know." I said watching Rye carefully, tears still streaming down my heated cheek, my heart slowly breaking, again at the painful memory.
"And that was it. He left one thing for me. A poem. That's all he left, ONE SINGLE POEM! Not one last goodbye, not one last kiss, a POEM! WAS ALL HE LEFT ME!"
Tears were no longer streaming down my face, they were running furiously down my cheeks, flooding my eyes, burning even! Rye just pulled me closer to his body, and I knew I was safe with him. In his arms.
After a little while he spoke.
"Sam, I don't know how your feeling, hopefully one day I will. But until then, I promise you I won't ever leave you like that and I won't ever hurt you as I can obviously see he has. But it is no one's fault, you have to let that anger towards him go. It's only hurting you more, and pulling you back, keeping you from moving on with your life. I will always be here for you Samantha Isabella Whitney Brenick, I give you my word. Unless God himself, prevents me from protecting you, I will always be here. I never want to see you cry like this again, understand me?" He said, with the most serious, most beautiful emo-looking face I have ever seen. I managed to give him a weak smile. And that was the end of that conversation.

"So, why did you move here, what personal family issues?"
"Hmm, well, before I start I just want you to understand that I am okay, you don't need to worry about me, okay?"
"Mhmm." I hummed.
"You don't notice my dad not being around do you Sam? That's because he isn't around."
"Oh, I thought he just worked alot, like your mother."
"No Sam," He smiled. "My dad, well this is how my story goes. Im 17 you know that and I'm emo, not the depressed type, but the emo-looking kind. I love guitar and to sing, and I'm a happy, positive, pillar of hope for many people." He shot a look in my direction, than shifted his attention to something in the distance. "I wasn't always as strong as you might think Sam. My dad was a work and alcoholic. His and my mother's relationship was not very strong, but they stayed together for Ash and I. He would work til about 12am get home at 3am drunk and then be back in his office by 9am sharp. Ash and I usually did our own thing, she was only very young. I was 15, so two years ago this story takes place, just like yours. I had just come back from a friends house, it was about 8pm, so I figured mom and Ash would be out shopping as usual. Dad was at work or so I thought. I flew up the stairs two by two, and was alarmed when I heard noises coming from my parents bedroom. This was quite unusual, as my parents often slept in different rooms. I opened the door slightly and was shocked when I realised what was going on." He sighed. "I walked in on my father, cheating on my mother with some brunette, big, fake, boob-jobbed hoe with a rather annoying and loud high-pitched scream." I felt his body tense up as he spoke. "He noticed me and was angry, I could see it, but he did not stop what he was doing. He continued as did I, watching in wide-eyed, shock horror. It wasn't too long before I had seen enough, I slammed the door on them, and it caused them to stop. I heard my door open. And the next thing I knew I was being thrown into a wall, and was being used as a punching bag..by my own father. I couldn't believe it, I refused to believe it. I had hardly spoken to him in my whole 15 years of living, and here he was beating me to a pulp. My mother arrived home not long after, the whore had left, and dad was in his study. I tried to cover the bruises and stop the bleeding but it was no use, she saw all of it. Confronted my father and threatened to leave. She was beaten to that night. The next morning as soon as he left for work, we left for our new lives. We've moved about 10 times, in the last 2 years, but it looks like we're staying here for good. And before you say anything! I am okay. I went through my emo, depressed, cutter stage, and I'm over it all, not the look though, I think the look is here to stay too." He smiled weakly, as I had after I finished explaining myself. I couldn't help but smile and hold me close to ME.

"Well," I said breaking the silence that was. "this was quite an interesting game. I think I've learnt alot about you Rye, wouldn't you agree?" I asked, happy and relieved.
"I totally agree!" He whispered. He picked me up and carried me all the way to the car. I took another deep breath. That turned out better than expected. Now what?
I asked myself. Where do we go from here? We know enough about each other, don't we?
I like what I know, and I'm sure I'll find out more as we get to know each other more thorough. Comfortable, reassured, safe. I really like this kid. I sighed to myself.
He shot me a curious look and then shifted his attention to the clock, it read;
"22:39pm"
"OH SHIT!" I shouted, "It's 10:40! Aunt Karol is soo going to grill me!"
Rye laughed and started the car. He didn't seem worried? Why not?! I would be worried if I was him, for my sake!
♠ ♠ ♠
NB: Italics is Rye asking questions Bold is Sam

SUBCRIBE and comment.
Im trying to end this one, thats why its pretty crap.
Im rushing I know. But hey two nights in a row of
updates, be thankful, writers block is over.
thanks liss.

thanks everyone.
lover you all.
ENJOY.
<33