Let The Barriers Go

We're Official.

It had been a week since Alex's long-awaited return. As he passed me in the corridors, I noticed all the girls gawk at him, wide-eyed, jaws-dropped. As if they'd seen a ghost. No, you stupid idiots, it's Alex. not Adrien. If only..

Alex swung 4 girls off his arm, and I wasn't suprised. Each girl, giggled as he shot a glamourously, beautiful smile at them all individually. He knew how to play the game, and he damn well was good at it. But ever since that day, we met again in the corridors, we haven't spoken. Nor have I spoken to Rye. I just, I don't know. I mean, I do talk to him, I do, just not in very large detail. I don't want him to get ever closer to me, when it could all be over in an instant. Alex had power, Alex knew how to harness and use that power to kill. That's the type of person he is. So, I have no clue what he's up to. If only I could get into his head, and figure out what he was talking about.

"Samantha, disappointing results this Music Performance. I was suprised that you didn't perform wth Mr Kellar. Try to do better next time." The teacher smiled, as she snapped me out of my thoughts.

I took a quick glance at my paper and saw the blood red, enormously, over-sized D- on my page. I sighed and scrunched it into a ball, tightening my grip on it, to make it as small as possible. Great, my grades are going downhill as well as my life now!
I turned my head slightly to look out the corner of my eye. Ryan was a few desks behind me. Slouched, and sunk into his chair, staring intently in thought, out the window that was trickling with rain, from the outside. He had a slight frown on his face. He was still beautiful, though I knew something was troubling him, and I am pretty sure, it's me.
Upon the voice of the teacher his head swirled back towards the front and he gazed into my eyes, as if he was trying to tell me something. He didn't smile, his lips didn't even twitch. He looked, sad..or angry..or hurt. Something was really wrong.
As his eyes pierced mine, I couldn't quite understand the message he was trying to get across. Dude, I'm not an eye-reader. The bell rang, and he broke the connection and swiftly left the room, as though he had to hurry off somewhere.

I quickly got up aswell, shoving all my junk into my bag, and slipping the marking criteria sheet for the performance, into the rubbish bin. I entered the corridor, and searched left and right for Ryan. But he was gone.

OK..

"Shell, I don't know what's wrong with him?" I said, practically talking to myself. Shell was most probably off in another world, thinking of Tye. Yes! They are still together. Quite cute innit"Hun.." She said, suprising me. "Maybe, well..don't take this the wrong way of anything. But, do you think maybe, your the one with the problem?" My eyes grew wide, and just as I was about to speak, she cut me off. "Wait, wait..Just hear me out." She pleaded and I waved my hand, signalling for her to carry on. "Well, you have been kind of distant with him, ever since Alex has come back. You can't really think he hasn't picked up on it? And, you haven't exactly been yourself around him..from what you've told me, I mean. It's just, yeah, maybe he was trying to get inside your head, to figure out what's going on? How is he supposed to know what's going on in your head..you have to talk to him. I'm sure he's pretty hurt right now, just putting on some tough guy act, when really its cutting him deep down.."

I sat on the bus, running through everything Shell said during lunch. I knew what she was saying, was right. I know. But, it's just so difficult. I don't know how he'll react. Do I really have to tell him that I slept with his cousin, and that's why he died? Can't I just, leave out some things? That still counts, because technically I haven't lied to him, I just haven't told him everything. OK, that's lieing. I get it.

I climbed off the bus, and as I walked towards my house, I passed his. I looked at it as I passed. Everything was off, no lights at all. That's odd. Usually somebody's home by now.
As I walked into my house, I was greeted quite enthusiastically by Aunt Karol.

"Sam! Your home!" She called from the kitchen upon hearing my entry. "Im so glad you got home safely."
I laughed, "Thanks Aunt. So am I, to be honest."
She gave me a warm smile, and continued, "Dinner is almost ready, so go get changed, and it should be done by that time."
"Thanks, again." I said, giving her a warm smile.

As I proceeded up the stairs, the doorbell rang. I slowly walked back down the 2 stairs, I had walked up and opened the door. There was Ryan, a black hoodie on, black skinnies on and his same, black and white chuck taylors. I need to buy him new clothes. I smiled to myself, and pounced onto him.
"Woah!" He laughed, wrapping his arms around me.
"Ryan! I tried looking for you after music, but you disappeared." I pouted, and then noticed his Mom and sister in the car behind him, the engine hot and running. I stared at him, my heart pounding a hundred times a minute, a million thoughts spinning in my head. He was moving!
"No, I'm not running away again, babe. I told you this was for good, and it is." I relaxed a little, and loosened my grip around him. "But.." And there's the 'but.' He continued, "We are going on a holiday, to Florida. Mom just felt like going to see family or something up there, so yeah. But I didn't want to leave you, and have things be weird. I know you've been acting different recently. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it's because of this kid that's come back. I've seen the way you glare at him, and the way he laughs when he sees you. There is history there, correct?" He said, rushing through these words. I nodded. "Well..If you don't want to tell me about it, then that's okay. But, I still love you. I always have, from the moment I met you." He tightened his grip on my hand, as he gazed intently into my eyes. He rested his head on mine, and our noses touched. My heart fluttered, I knew what was coming. Well I knew what I hoped was coming. "I'm sorry it's taken me so long, Sam. I've just, been thinking alot lately, about us. And it's not that I don't want to..But, it's just.." My heart dropped, there's another 'but.' "I was so afraid." I raised an eyebrow, unsure at to where this was going. "Sam, I love you, so much. And I'm not afraid to say it to you, to my mom, to the world. But I am afraid. I'm afraid of you, and how you feel, and that you don't love me, the way I love you.." He dropped his head. I placed a finger on his chin, and raised his head slightly, so we were staring at each other again. I kissed him softly, and wrapped my arms around him. I never wanted to let go.
"Sam.." He said, looking down at me. This is it. I looked up at him.
"Be my girlfriend?" He said, sounding really nervous. A huge grin encompassed my face, and I nodded again, too excited to speak. He picked me up, and swung me around in his arms.
"I love you!" I shouted as he swung me.
He stopped, placed me on my feet, took my face in his hands, and kissed me passionately, "I love you too, Samantha."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, sorry for the lack of updates. But dude, no one really reads this anyway. The only reason I did update was because Jake asked. The more new people that ask, sure no worries. But I think Ill end it soon. No one cares tbh.

Enjoy it though.
Comments?