Let The Barriers Go

The Dream

I sat up in bed. Panting. What was with this dream?
I'd had it constantly throughout the last fortnight or so.

I dreamt that, I was in a forest, skipping along,
I was only young, I think it was when I was about 6. So I was in a forest, and there was a house, out-of-nowhere. Suddenly, it got really, really dark, and there was this bright light, beckoning me to go to the house where I would be safe.
So I ran into the house, and as soon as I opened the door, I saw my mother, on her knees in front of my father, begging him not to go.
Begging him to stay, saying things like,
"You don't have to go," and "we can fix it, whatever is wrong, we can fix it."
"We can get through this." But she continuously said, "I NEED YOU! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU."

Then he was gone. He disappeared.
And my mum was still on the floor, holding his picture, crying and crying. She didn't stop crying. I would then begin to walk to her, I would hold my arms out for her, and she would look straight through me, as if I wasn't there, as if she couldn't or wouldn't look at me. She refused to see me, If she did it would prove her theory correct. I was alive and hers. She pushed me away, and left for a long period of time.

Then in the dream, I walked into another room, and saw all her bags and suitcases on the floor, as well as a small pink one, which I instantly recognized as mine. Without a word, she turned and walked off into the forest, I picked up my suitcase and ran after her, but it seemed, the closer I got to her, the heavier the suitcase would become.

And always, at that point I would wake up.

Eventually, I fell back to sleep, and was woken again, but this time by the sound of my alarm! Ugh! I still wasn't used to the early mornings. Even earlier morning now, after my little late show yesterday. But it's amazing of what the difference of ten minutes could have. I was able to have breakfast this morning. Hmm..that gave me ten minutes of extra, awkward time with my Aunt Karol though.

Karol's cool. She's more like the big sister, I never asked for. We don't usually talk about much. School, and well yeah, school. Sometimes her job, she's a secretary at some big law-firm, pretty boring eh? She's single and has no kids. We don't often talk about guys. Boy's are a big no no. Not for her, but for me. In my books, every single male is the devil. They are all created for evil. All commit evil. And will only ever be evil. None of them are good. No actually, they are good..good for NOTHING.

Karol, sometimes, worries about me. And I can understand why, if I'm not into boys, than there's only one other thing to be interested in. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I prefer to work alone, if you catch my drift. I don't fancy, groups. I just fancy..well me. And I have a best friend. Her names Shelly. But I'll get to her later. No doubt she'll come up soon enough.

Just as I was leaving for school, I noticed a big truck next door.

"Papa Vinnie's
Moving Service."

Hmmm..Lacey moved out. Didn't even realize. Poor girl, she was so quiet, barely new anybody in these parts. Oh well, I guess I'll meet them soon enough, Karol will make me go over on her behalf, and welcome them to the neighborhood.

I threw my Ipod into my ears.
Ah the wonderful sound of All Time Low - Circles.

"Go back to the place we knew before
retrace our steps to the basement door,
I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile,
Like so much time that we spent in the fall
it put color in our cheeks while the air turned cold,
Preceding what became our bitter end."

Its going to be another long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't want this to be an obvious, typical story, but there the ones I love,
anyone have any ideas?

Phoebe .xx`