Let The Barriers Go

Musician

The bell rang for last class. Music! My saviour, the place where I could get away, and escape all this new boy stuff, and Shelly's rambling, and chattering. Gah! It was really annoying! I have to admit, and usually, I don't let the things she says get to me, okay, who I'm kidding I do. But oh well. It must be a best friend thing eh?

I strode into class, looking superior as always, put my bag down, and went to jump on my piano, when I heard someone playing the guitar and singing my favourite song in the whole wide world!

"Forgive me I'm trying to find,
My calling I'm calling at night,
I don't mean to be a bother,
but have you seen this girl!"

the deep, resonant voice sang, while still playing.

"She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy it seems,
I'm gunna ask her to marry me.."

The song continued and I walked almost
entranced by the beautiful music.
I began to sing ..

"I'm not coming back
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
So many thousands of feet off the ground,
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds,
Towering over your head."

The song ended, and I snapped back to reality. That was amazing! Singing with this person, whoever it was, they were amazing. And then I saw the same tall, slim figure I had seen during the break staring at me, an enormously, wonderful smile, playing on his lips.

Oh my gawd! No way! I did not just sing with him, did I? I felt like kicking myself! You stupid idiot! Why the fuck did you go and do that huh?

And then I didnt feel so happy and entranced. I stormed out of the music room. Glad to be rid of this annoyingly, good looking new kid. I didn't care about what the teacher had to say, he was still adjusting to my sudden reaction. I just can't wait to be at home. Away from this, and everything, and everyone! And then, I noticed faint footsteps behind me, getting louder. Did I even want to know who was behind me?
No I didn't. Maybe he didn't get the message.
So I kept walking, picking up the pace. And then I heard someone call.
"Sam!"
The familiar voice screamed,
"Wait up!" it continued.
I stopped, and turned, and there she was,
it was Shelly, not that loserface, goodsinger.

"Hey Shell, what's up?"

She exploded with a gust of words, as usual.

"I know that was you singing! But who was singing with you? We all ran from the Art Room to the Music Room, it wasn't easy! But we all got out, and by the time we got there, the room was empty. I knew it was you straight away, but who were you singing with. You guys were amazing -"

"Shell, shut up for once in your life alright. It doesn't matter who I was singing with, all that matters is I'm never ever in my life, singing with them again."
And I was serious! Dead serious, no way in hell would I ever sing with him! He was really getting on my nerves, popping up everywhere!
I left, after that conversation with Shelly, and jumped on the bus home, glad to be rid of all these high school dramas, and that annoying dropkick, Rayon or whatever.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha Rayon ?
Don't know where that came from.
That song is Remembering Sunday - All Time Low.

In the story, maybe i should make them form a band?
haha :}