Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Moving

Slowly walking into my house, I shut the door before frowning when I saw suitcases and boxes in the living room. I made a face as I adjusted my purse on my shoulder then looked around, "Really?" I muttered, "You're moving because I decided to stay with John last night without coming home?" I Joked to whoever was listening.

Taking a few steps into the living room, I saw my little brother come down the stairs and he smiled at me, "Hi, Peyton."

"Hi, what's going on?"

He shrugged then smiled more, "Daddy got a new job."

"Daddy got a new job?" I mocked then I dropped my purse to the couch and hurried out of the living room and up the stairs as quickly as I could, "Mom!? Dad!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Why are all the boxes in the living room!?"

At the top of the stairs, I stormed into my parents bedroom without a knock and I saw my Mother in the process of getting dressed and my Father in the closet packing. Switching my eyes back and forth between the two of them, I felt my heart race, "We're moving?" I snapped meanly.

My mother looked at me with a stern, motherly look then nodded before she finished putting her pants on, "Honey, Dad got stationed in Virginia."

"Stationed?" I growled then frowned, "What do you mean Stationed? I thought you were done with the Army or whatever the hell you were in!"

My Dad backed out of the closet and sighed as he looked at me, "The Navy, and I was but I got offered a job that I couldnt turn down. I've always been active in the service even though I wasnt going to active duty."

"No, this is about politics." I snapped, "How could you not think about your family!? Ma's seven months pregnant and you're moving her across the country!?"

He looked at my Mother then back at me, "Go pack, Peyton."

"No," I shook my head simply, "I'm not going. I have four months left of high school, I have prom, graduation, spring break planned and booked, not to mention plans with John." I sighed stressfully, "I just got a new job. And I love it here. How come this came out of left field."

"Peyton, dont argue with your Father. We will be on that plane this afternoon. Go pack everything up in your room and pack a suitcase for the week."

I shook my head, "This is about politics," I said again, "I cant believe you're making a career out of this after you promised me you were done." I muttered, staring at my Father, "You promised me when we came here that we were done moving, I believed you." I held back tears, "You know Dad, the next time you think about making me a promise, dont bother."

"Peyton, Honey ..." He sighed as I started to walk away, "It's good money, we'll have a house ten times bigger than this, it's the final move, and it's not like I'm going to war. I'm going to have a desk job, and yes you're right, it is about politics, but I'm damn good at my job. I love it, this is what I do. I am a Navy man, always have been always will be."

I just continued to walk.

"You're going!" He shouted at me.

"Fuck you!" I screamed as my tears finally got the best of me, "I'm not going anywhere!"

"You are!" He wailed, his voice louder than I have ever heard it before.

"I fucking hate you!" I screamed, "Go to fucking hell! I'm not going."

Suddenly, my Father stormed out of the bedroom behind me and before I had time to register what had happened, I felt him slap me across my face. In shock, I just stood there looking at him, my body shaking.

"Danny," My Mom gasped as she hurried over as quick as her pregnant body would allow.

"Peyton," My Dad whispered, shocked with himself too, "Oh god," He said with wide eyes, "Honey, I'm sorry."

I shook my head a little bit then walked away from him, slowly at first but by the time I reached the staircase, I was running. Once I was downstairs, I just ran out of the house, not bothering with anything, just running away, literally, running.

As I ran down the sidewalk, the wind against my cheek made it sting more and I could only picture the red hand print that's probably there. My tears blurred my vision, but I knew these streets well enough that I didnt need perfect eye sight.

I'm not going. They cant make me move.

------------------------------------------

Feeling my bed shift, I growled as I rolled over onto my belly, facing down into my pillow, "Delaney, go away I dont want to get up." I hissed, thinking it was my cousin but all I heard in response was crying.

Turning my head but staying on my stomach, I listened for a second before looked at the other side of my bed to see Peyton sitting with her back turned towards me, crying. Sitting up, I frowned thinking that she went home an hour or so ago, "Ducky?" I whispered as I reached over to her, rubbing her back slowly, "Why are you crying?" I asked as I scooted myself over a little bit.

She turned around and her left side of her face was beat red, in the shape of a hand, "He hit me," She whispered.

"Peyton, what happened?" I asked, as I got out from under my covers and off of my bed. Standing infront of her, I bent over just a bit then turned her face towards me, pushing her hair behind her ear, examining her cheek, "Who hit you?"

"My Dad,"

My eyed went wide with shock, "Oh god," I said simply then carefully wiped away her tears, "Why? What happened?"

"We're moving," She sniffled, "He got some job in Virginia, that has to do with the Navy."

"I thought he wasnt active."

"Well, he is, but he was a recuiter or whatever ... but he promised this was the last move. Arizona was it, he lied. I got mad then he hit me." She cried before reaching out for me, hugging me, pressing her good cheek to my stomach as she clung to me, "Dont let them take me," She whispered, her body shaking.

I ran my hand through her hair, not knowing what to do or say. Gripping my shirt, Peyton just sobbed, I think more sad and shocked about her Father hitting her versus the moving. Slowly, my bedroom door opened and my Dad stood there, "Is everything ok?" He asked.

I looked back at him then nodded, "Yeah, I got it."

He looked at Peyton the best he could then frowned, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah Dad, give us a minute,'

He sighed then slowly closed the door. I pushed Peyton away from me, then tugged her to her feet, "Ducky, look at me,"

She looked at me sadly and I gently touched her cheek. Wincing she pulled away from me, just a bit, "You've got to get ice on that or something cold." I mumbled, "It's swelling pretty badly."

Shrugging a little, she wrapped her arms around me once more before resting her head against my chest, "Dont let go,"

I hugged her, "I'm gonna go get a cold wash clothe, ok?" I kissed her forehead, "I'll be right back."

She nodded then I pushed her away once more before quickly leaving my room. Shutting the door behind myself, I hurried down to the kitchen and grabbed a kitchen towel and a plastic baggy.

"What's going on?" My Dad questioned.

"Her dad hit her," I mumbled softly, not wanting to lie. "They're moving, she was mouthing off, I think he was caught up in the moment and he hit her." I put ice in the baggy, "Danny got a job in Virginia, I guess they're leaving."

"John, dont get in the middle of this." He said sternly.

"Dont get in the middle of this?" I asked back, "Dad, Peyton is up in my room scared out of her mind because her Dad just hit her. She's hurt, not just physically but emotionally. I cant just stay out of it."

"Whats going on?" My Mom asked, walking in with dirty dishes most likely from my cousins breakfast.

"Danny hit Peyton," My Dad answered before I had the chance to.

"What!?" She wailed.

"It's a private family matter I'm guessing. They're moving, Peyton was probably being her nomal headstrong self, and he probably got caught up in the moment. It happens to everyone."

I looked at me Dad, because it's happened between us before, but I deserved it, I was drunk and I was a complete asshole, but he didnt leave a mark on me like Danny did Peyton, "This is different Dad, this isnt like what happened between us. Peyton isnt drunk and she's a girl, he's ten times stronger than her, hell I'm ten times stronger than her." I growled then pushed by them, "I love her, I cant just stand back and do nothing, ok?" With that, I went upstairs with the plastic baggy of ice wrapped in a kitchen towel.

Entering my room, I saw Peyton sitting right where I left her. Shutting my door, I hurried to her, and sat down, "Here,"

She took it, then removed the towel before just placing the ice against her face.

"Teddy bear," She muttered weakly, "He hit me," She whispered sadly.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, "I'm sure he didnt mean it," I insisted, knowing that her Father loves her to death. She's his only girl, his world. She has him wrapped around her pretty little finger. I dont think he would purposely hurt her, not like this.

She shrugged then leaned against me, holding her to me closely, I rubbed her back slowly, "You dont have to go, you can stay here with me," I assured, "Move in here," I went on.

She nodded, liking that idea.

Moving around a bit, I managed to lean against my headboard with Peyton in my arms, a more comfortable position. After what seemed like hours, but really was only about twenty minutes, my bedroom door opened and Kathy, Peyton's Mom appeared, behind her was Danny.

Looking at them, I sighed not knowing what to do.

"John, can you give us a minute?" Danny whispered, his eyes red and puffy, most likely from crying.

I nodded then started to get up. Peyton grabbed me and frowned, "Dont go,"

"I'm going to be in the hallway," I kissed her forehead softly, "Ok?"

Her tears that she had stopped a good fifteen minutes ago, came back almost instantly. I kissed her once more then left my room, shutting my door behind me but staying close enough so I could hear what was going on inside.

"John," My Mom said softly, "C'mon, leave them alone."

"Mom," I sighed.

"John, I said leave them alone." She said sternly.

I clenched my jaw then reluctantly followed her. She led me into her room then shut the door behind her. Looking at me, she reached up and petted the side of my head, running her fingers through my hair in a motherly way, "I know you're confused and you dont trust Danny around her right now, but you need to give them space. Dad is right, this is a personal family matter, none of our business."

"He hit her,"

"John," SHe said sternly once more, "It happens to the best of us. It doesnt mean he abuses her, or anything like that, he's probably more hurt than she is. You need to just give them their space."

I nodded but said nothing.

"If what they said is true, she's leaving John."

"She cant," I muttered like a child, "She can stay with us until the end of school then we'll get an apartment together."

"Two part time jobs is not enough to live off of," She pointed out, "John, her parents are taking her."

"She cant go," I said once more.

"She'll be back," SHe nodded, "I promise, she'll be back."

I let a few tears fall, trying to fight them off the best I could. My Mom gave me a sad look, then reached up, wiping away my tears, "Johno, I know you love her."

"It's not fair, we're so close to being done and they take her away. We're so close to being able to make our own choices and they move her away from me. I dont understand,"

"It's not about you and Peyton, it's about Danny and Kathy, and what they think is best."

"And tearing Peyton and I apart is just collateral damage, right? It doesnt matter."

"I didnt say that,"

"It feels that way," I turned away from my Mom then walked out of her room without another word said. Standing by my door I listened and only heard Peyton crying then her Mother tried to comfort her but it didnt work.

"Peyton, we'll pack for you, spend the day with John. We'll pick you up on the way to the airport," Her Father said then it was quiet before my door opened.

I came face to face with Danny and he looked at me, straight in the eyes. I looked back, not backing down. I feel threatened, and extremely protective, it's only natural.

"I'm sorry," He apologized to me softly.

I shrugged but said nothing before taking a step to the side, letting them come out. Once they were out and walking down the stairs I went back into my room and shut the door, this time locking it.

Peyton got up and walked over to me, hugging me once again. I sighed as I wrapped my arms around her. After standing there for some amount of time, Peyton sighed, "Teddy bear, make love with me," She whispered.

"Now?" I asked, my cheeks covered in tears, slowly falling from my eyes.

She nodded then backed away, wiping away my tears, "One last time,"

I frowned when I haerd that, "It wont be our last time," I insisted.

She nodded, "No, I know, but just before I go."

Eyeing her, I nodded, "Ok,"

She walked to my bed and I went to my window, closing my blinds, making my room as dark as it was going to get right now then laid with her, kissing her passionately. As the time slowly ticked by, we were just in our underwear but nothing was happening, I couldnt get aroused, not while I'm feeling like this I cant.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

She snuggled me, "It's ok, I dont really feel like sex anyway," She admitted then sighed.

"Are you ok?"

"No,"

"What did he say?"

"He apologized," She muttered, "He told me how sorry he was and a bunch of other stuff too."

"And?"

"And, I didnt really listen." She whispered.

We became silent, just holding each other before she spoke softly, "Will you call me everyday?" She asked.

"yeah," I nodded.

"Dont forget about me,"

"I'm not going to forget about you, Ducky."

She gently kissed my neck, "Dont give others girls my smirk," She whispered.

I smiled sadly then nodded. When we met in freshman year, she was convinced that every girl I gave my 'smirk' to, ended up being my girlfriend, and she said when we first met I gave her the 'smirk' and we ended up together and since being together she swears up and down that I havent given anyone else besides her that smirk. I think it's all in her head, but others have called me out on it too, so, I guess I do have a smirk.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I whispered, "Nothing is going to change that, promise."

She nodded then traced my stomach slowly before softly kissing on my neck, by her touch and her kiss, I could tell she wanted to make love, she was trying to relax me, convincing my body to get aroused, she wasnt being pushy though.

I closed my eyes, concentrating on her the best I could and not on the fact that she's moving. She turned my face to her and I opened my eyes and frowned when I saw her cheek, bruising already. I shook my head not being able to convince myself.

She took my face between her hands and sighed, "Please,"

"I cant," I hugged her to me and shok my head, "I'm sorry."

She tugged my covers over our heads and we just snuggled in our own little world and my heart broke like never before, knowing that she was leaving in a few hours. Life just isnt fair, at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's good for one day of comfort, only because she has suffered