Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Apology

Looking at my Dad, he stared back at me with soft eyes. I glared meanly then picked up my menu, opening it and putting it up infront of my face as I read it, purposely doing so, so I would'nt have to look at him.

"It's been a week honey, you cant stay mad at me, can you?"

I closed the menu and looked at him, "Stay mad at what? The fact that you hit me, or viciously ripped me away from the only man I love?" I asked.

He inhaled deeply, "I told you I was sorry, I didnt mean to let my emotions get the best of me. when you have kids, you'll understand that you love them always but you dont always like them." He looked around then back at me, "I was stressed, I still am. Do you not think that Mom busted my ass for making the choice to move again? Then I was getting it from you, then you told me you hated me and I lost control. It's never happened before and it'll never happen again."

I just stared at him, believing him, but not wanting to forgive yet. "And John?" I asked, "Why couldnt I just move in with him?"

"You're seventeen, Peyton. I am not going to let you live with a boy. What if you broke up? Or had a huge fight, then what?" He sighed, "I understand you have plans on marrying the boy, and I know John loves you. He looks at you the way that I looked at Mom when I was that age, hell I still look at her like that. But until you are eighteen, you are still my responsibility. You two didnt break up, did you?"

"No,"

"Then there shouldnt be a big deal about it, right?"

I shrugged.

"He's coming out for spring break."

"My break is two weeks before his. When he gets the chance to come out, I'll be back in school."

"At least he'll be here with you." He paused taking a sip of his soda, "I made my choice in taking this job because we need the money with the baby coming, and Mom deciding to become a stay at home Mom. It's great money, plus I'll be loving what I do. You should feel at home here, you were born here."

"Home is Tempe." I said simply, "Home is Arizona. It wouldnt have been so bad if I would've known like two weeks or even a week before we moved, not the day of. Not when I had just got a job that I liked. Not to mention I only have four months left of high school, now I'm going to be graduating with strangers."

"I did what I did. You can go on hating me or you can forgive me and deal with this. I know it's hard on you, it's hard on everyone, but you're being selfish and it's not right." He pointed out, "Ted has to go to a new school,"

"Please, the kid is seven," I rolled my eyes, "He can make a friend by catching a damn bug and showing it to everyone."

"And Mom,"

"Has friends back here that she has kept in touch with. She has her sister here. She has lived here before and knows her way around. And you, you know people too. I'm in high school Dad. I left my boyfriend, and all my friends back home. I may have been born here, but this isnt my home. And the second I turn eighteen, I'm on a plane back to Tempe."

"Ok," He nodded, "Fine, but until then you will learn to enjoy it."

I laughed then shook my head, "You say you understand, but you dont." I got up and sighed, "I'll find my way back to the house." With that, I left the restaurant.

Zipping John's favorite hoodie up more around my body, I let out a long sigh before reaching into my pocket, pulling my phone out. Dialing John's number, I put it to my ear and listened.

"Hey Ducky," John greeted, slightly winded.

"What are you doing?"

"I am in the middle of a basket ball game with my cousin and Dad at the park. What are you up to?" He asked.

"I just got in another fight with my Dad. I got up and left him in the restaurant, John, I love him but he's pissing me off. I'm bitter and I'm trying to forgive but I cant."

"Do you want my advice or are you just venting to me?"

"Advice would be nice this time."

"I think you just need to let go," He said softly, "I love you with all my heart, nothing is changing that. You still love me. We're still getting married on August fifth, and I'll still see you on spring break. Ducky ... baby I know that moving hurt like hell, i feel it too but you're dad is trying. Just stop with the drama and chill. You're there whether you like it or not, make the most of it. Hell, you never know, we may even end up moving there in the future, dont burn your bridges Peyton."

I frowned, "Bear, have I ever told you that I dont like your advice."

"Many times, but you know I'm right."

"I know," I made a face, "but how do I let go? I miss you."

"I miss you, too. But we both have computers, we can video chat. We have phones, we can still talk. Hell, I even wrote you a letter."

"A real letter?" I smiled.

He laughed, "Yeah, a real letter. I sent it this morning. we have e-mail, it's not like we're living in the stone age. And I have some money saved up, I thought about flying over there for valentines day, stay a week or so. These four months will fly by, promise."

"You make me feel better,"

"What are boyfriends for?" He asked then sighed, "alright ducky, I'm getting annoyed looks from everyone, I need to get back to the game. But I love you, and I will call you when I get home, and be good." He demanded, "Go back to the restaurant and apologize. You can be hardheaded Peyton, dont let it ruin your relationship with your dad."

"I love you, too." i said simply, "but do I have to go back?"

"if I were there, yes. Since I'm not, I guess the choice is all yours. I gotta go, Ducky. Love you," He said quickly, "Bye love," With that he hung up on me.

I looked at my cell phone then stopped walking. I turned around eyeing the restaurant then growled, "Crap," I said stressfully, knowing my boyfriend was right. Before I knew it, I was walking back into the restaurant and sat at the table, across from my father.

He looked at me, his eyes glassy looking like he had cried or was about to but held back. Inhaling deeply, I put my phone on the table next to me, 'I'm sorry," I said simply.

He frowned at me, "What?"

"I said I'm sorry," I repeated, "I made a big deal out of nothing."

"I wouldnt call it nothing, but you did make a big deal out of something that shouldnt have gotten out of contorl like it did."

"I'm here for four months. I might as well go with the flow."

He nodded, "John called, didnt he?"

"I called him."

"How come he's the only one who can talk any sense into you?"

"Because, he doesnt talk at me, he talks with me. And he doesnt tell me what to do, he just offers me his advice. I can take it or not."

My Dad smiled softly then shook his head a bit, "I guess you dont really need your old man around anymore, do you?"

I shrugged but didnt answer vocally.

He laughed quietly, "That's alright, I knew this day would come sooner or later. I'm just glad that you found a boy who loves you, a boy who respects you." He paused for a second, "John's a good guy,"

"He is," I agreed then looked over at him, "Listen, I'm going to go walk back to the house, I need to clear my head. Ok?"

"Take your time," He whispered.

I got up then started to walk away before stopping, "I love you, you know that?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled, "I know, I love you too."

I nodded then walked out of the restaurant once more, not wanting to stay there any longer. I said what I had to, and the rest of the time would've been awkward silence and pointless small talk.

The walk was somewhat long and extremely boring. Virginia is a hell of a lot colder than Arizona, that's for sure. Not to mention I have the cool ocean breeze, that makes it practically freezing, in my book anyway.

With my hands shoved into the pockets of my boyfriend's hoodie, I had my head hung low, watching my feet beat the sidewalk. As I attempted not to step on the cracks in the pavement and failed miserably, I quietly thought to myself about my life and how it got turned upside down in a matter of seconds. John's completely right, I need to just get over it, toughen up. No, he didnt tell me to toughen up, but thats what I need to do. I'm acting like a baby and it's kind of horrible when I think about it.

My Father made a choice and ultimately that choice will better our family, I was just being selfish. I'll see john again, he's flying out for Valentine's day, that's in two weeks, and then he'll be back again for spring break, though I wont be out of school, he'll still be here with me. In four months I'm moving back to Arizona to be with John, to marry him like we've been planning since the day we said I love you to each other. August fifth, the day after John's eighteenth birthday, has been our set Wedding since we decided that Marrying each other was what we wanted out of life, amoung other things.

We both figured out at a young age that we wanted to be apart of each others lives, forever. We accepted the fact that there will be hard times and time where I think I'm just going to end it all with him, but in the end, our love for each other is there.

Coming to a stop infront of my new house, I stared up at it and how ridicously big it is. Shaking my head a little bit, I heard a car pull up behind me. Glancing over my shoulder I saw a dark blue two door civic, with a boy behind the wheel. Watching him turn the car off and unbuckle his seat belt, I was trying to figure out who the hell he is but nothing was ringing any bells.

Getting out of the car, he walked around the back of it and smiled at me, his smile faintly reminded me of my Father's, just for a split second, "Hi," He spoke simply.

"Hi," I mocked.

He smiled more, "You dont remember me, do you?"

"No," I answered, "Should I remember you?"

"Nah, it's ok, I'm only your Cousin, but it's cool." He said in a joking voice, "Sean," He muttered his name simply.

"Peyton,"

He laughed, "I know, I remember you."

"Oh,' I blushed deeply but said nothing more.

"Uncle Danny wanted me to come over, show you around a bit."

I nodded a bit, "Sure, ok." I pointed to my house, 'I have to go use the bathroom really fast, you can come in."

He nodded but said nothing vocally. I led the way to the house and walked in, "Mom!? There's a guy here claiming to be Sean and that he knows me!"

I heard my Mother laugh then she came in to greet us, just as Sean closed the door, "It's been too long, look at you." She spoke to the boy.

"It has been too long," He hugged my Mother tightly then took a step back, "Is it another girl?"

"No, it's a boy."

"Congrats," Sean smiled then glanced over at me, "You didnt have to use the bathroom, you wanted to make sure I was who I said I was."

"Can you blame me?" I smiled.

He laughed then shook his head, "Not at all,"

"Are you two going to go somewhere?"

"Uncle Danny called me, asked me to show her around a bit."

"Oh, well you two have fun." She looked at me, "Peyton, be nice."

I rolled my eyes then watched her walk away. Turning to Sean, I forced a smile, "Where are you gonna go?"

"Just around, maybe down to the beach. I dont know yet, I'll drive and you navigate."

"Ok," I muttered, "Well let's go before my Dad gets home," I walked by him and pulled the door open, "We're kind of in a awkward little spat."

"Oh, well ... alright." He said simply as he followed me, shutting the door quietly behind himself. Once we were in his car, I glanced over at him, "Do you go to my school?"

"No, I'm graduated. I'm two years older, maybe thats why I remember you more than you remember me," He made a face, "But my little brother is a sophmore there, I dont think you'd want to hang out with him though," He laughed then sighed, "I'll introduce you to some people," He glanced over at hime quickly then looked back at the road, "Dont worry Arizona, things arent so bad here."

"I believe it when I see it,"

He laughed, "You're just full of joy, arent you?"

"I'm sorry, I just miss my boyfriend and my friends, that's all."

"Boyfriend huh?"

"Yeah, Boyfriend. His name is John, and I'm pretty much a wreck right now."

"I know the feeling. My girlfriend moved away last year to go to school."

"But you're still together?"

"No, I cheated." He looked over at me, "I loved her, but the temptation was too much for me. I was a freshman in college, the parties were out of control."

Frowning, that didnt sit well with me and I started to think about how John and his friends party almost every weekend. John is ugly by any means, tons of girls like him, what if he's wasted one night then cheats on me?

"When she moved, I guess I figured out that we werent that close, it was mainly sex." He made a face, "What about you and John, how serious are you two?"

"We're getting married on August fifth," I whispered simply.

"Wow, pretty serious huh?"

"Yeah, we've been together since freshman year of high school. We've had our ups and downs but we love each other."

He smiled but said nothing else and things between us fell into a comfortable silence as he drove me around, pointing out things here and there. Staring at him, I forced myself to smile, maybe this wont be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here comes the last time I'm gonna kiss you, the first night sleeping alone. Here comes the hardest thing we've ever known