Aphrodisiac or Inocente?

[006] -What a Man-

/After School/

I walked over to the bus stops of the school and stood in line. All the other kindergarten class riders already lined up and talking loudly. People really need to shut up nowadays. Oh look! There's a birds nest in that tree, OOH! And little birdy eggs and the mommy bir--

"Hey, Alexis." a sassy voice came about. I twirled around and saw..William.

"Oh, hi." I said shyly then smiled. He walked closer to me.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Alex, calm down. He's just your friend. Yeah, I know he's so cute and oh, my gosh. SHUT UP SHUT UP! I need to talk stop talking to myself in my head.

At least it was a Friday and I don't have to see him until Monday.

wiL looked so amazing. "Nick was supposed to sit with me in the bus but went to Jake's tryout and since I don't want to be a loaner..want to sit with me?" he asked, standing in line behind me.

"Why of course William. I can never say no to your beautiful face that I wish I can have to myself so badly. I want to hold you and kiss you all over. Oh baby, let's get married and be happy forever and ever."

Pfft, if only I had the true guts to say that to him.

"Uhm, sure." I said outloud. Hmm, a practical answer.

"Cool cool." he laughed to himself.

Even though I didn't find it exactly funny, I laughed along.

Finally, both of us entered a bus and occupied a seat for the two of us.

"So how come you didn't go to the practice?" I asked.

wiL shrugged then stared out the window as the big yellow school bus pulled out the loading zone.

That little shrug brought serious awkwardness.

I forced myself to look away from him. The silence burned between us and from the corner of my eye I saw him press his pale forehead against the window.

Then I pulled out my tape player and headphones then listened to some music. At least it would keep my mind off of wiL.

And right when I pressed play, I saw wiL speak.

I paused, "What?"

"Whatcha listenin' too?" he repeated.

"Uhh, Bat Outta Hell."

"Oh! Meat Loaf..can I listen ?" he asked.

Oh my gosh, did he just..?

That was when I realized my headphones were meant for one person.

I stretched my headphones as far as they can possibly go then he and I put our heads together then placed the headphones on our heads. All the blood rushed to my cheeks, and I quickly pressed play.

The long intro played and I saw wiL's fingers on his knees tap along.

He's so cute.

The song played long enough for wiL's stop to arrive. I took of the headphones as he stood up grabbing his backpack over his shoulders.

"See ya." then he left the bus.

All my muscles loosened and I curled my hands into a fist.

Wow.

/ 3 Hours Later In Alex's Bedroom /

I was laying in bed listening to "White Wedding" by Billy Idol until my house phone began to ring.

Startled, I hyped up from bed and reached for the phone on my bed stand.

"Hello? What do you want?" I asked rudely.

"Uh, Alex?"

"Oh hi Micaela." my voice not showing enthusiasm whatsoever.

"Oh my gosh. I looooove Jake so much. He's so amazing. I think he made the team. And we talked for a long time. I think he likes me." she squealed.

"Oh really? What happened?" I asked, really not interested at all.

This was when she burst out blabbing on about Jake D. and her day.

"Oh that's nice."

"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you, Nick was there!" she giggled.

Of course I already knew.

Then my phone beeped.

"Hold on, someone's on the other line." I told her then flashed.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Alexis." I heard two different voices say in unison.

"Uh, who's this?" I asked.

"Nick and wiL."

Then I was like, woah. What a coincidence.

"Uh..uh.. H-hi." I stuttered.

"Since Halloween is coming up next week we should all be the teenage mutant ninja turtles! You know, all of us." I heard Nick say.

Guys. Hah.

"Yeah, and Angel's mom will take us to the place with all the costumes!" wiL added.

"Oh, uhh. I'll ask my mom and call you tomorrow. Uh, Nick? I'll call you." I said.

"Okay. And tell Micaela about it too." he said.

They said goodbye and hung up. I flashed back to Micaela then explained the whole deal to her.

She wondered about who will be who.
Soon enough of discussion it became late and time for bed and we hung up.

Goodnight world.