Not Meant for Me

Chapter Three

Pandora's Pov:
The students filed out from the room with a silence, once out into the corridor they erupted in conversation.

"Well that was something wasn’t it?" Affinity said to me, I chose to ignore her, she pulled on my arm, "Hey why in the bloody hell are you giving me the silent treatment?"

"Yeah, that was something else." I told her breaking free from her grip, nodding my head to continue on walking to Potions. I walked down through the dungeons in silence, but not a cold shoulder silence. Once in the class room I took a seat next to Affinity, Parkinson next to Draco, and Weasley next to Blaise. "Cool it Pandora, you know Zabini drools over you." Affinity whispered in my ear when her eyes set to their table.

"Seating arrangements will be altered." Snape said and little noises came from throughout the room. I don’t care who I’m paired with as long as it’s not a Gryffindor...

Professor Snape read from a scroll of parchment, "Granger and Young." I gave Affinity a little look that said -make-her-miserable.

"Potter and Weasley, Natalie Weasley." Snape’s tone was with much loathing, I loved it.

"Weasley and Parkinson." Good that dog Parkinson is away from Draco.

"Patil and Zabini." Oh well don't care if I’m paired with Blaise or not, I’ll deal with him tonight.

"Lestrange and Longbottom."

"Malfoy and Finnigan." My lips curled in a smirk, I got paired with Longbottom. This'll be fun.

"Get to your new seats!" Barked Professor Snape, was it me or did he seem a little wound up? I looked to Affinity, made a nodding goodbye, picked up my bag and before I walked over to Longbottom I caught Draco's eye. I smirked at him then retreated over to the table.

"I think it’s appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting in an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic through some of the class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an "Acceptable" in you O.W.L. or suffer my displeasure." Snape’s black eyes narrowed on Longbottom, who fidgeted and made a small gulp.

"After this year of course many of you will cease studying with me. I take only the very best into my N.E.W.T. Potions Class which means that some of us will certainly be saying goodbye." Professor Snape glared at Potter, who glared back.

"Today we will be mixing a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizadring Level: The Drought of Peace. A potion to calm anxiety and soothe agitation. Be warned: if you are too heavy-handed with the ingredients you will put the drinker into a heavy and sometimes irreversible sleep. So you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing." Professor Snape pointed to the blackboard and everyone got busy.

"Well go get the stuff." I told Longbottom who just sat there looking petrified. He left and I opened my book, scamming for the Potion. He came back within five minutes. "What took so long?" I spat as he sat the ingredients down, he didn’t say anything. I took the ingredients and began putting them into my cauldron.

Professor Snape came walking along the tables examining the potions, "Excellent Mr. Malfoy." I over heard him some tables over.

"A light silver vapor should now be rising from your potion." Snape called with ten minutes to go. I looked down upon my Potion and sure enough a light silver vapor was rising above. I glanced over to see Professor Snape as he walked over to Potter.

"Potter what is this supposed to be?" Snape asked.

"The Drought of Peace." He replied tensely.

"Tell me Potter, can you read?" Snape replied softly.

"Yes I can." Potter replied his fingers clenched tightly around his wand.

"Read the third line of the instructions for me Potter."

"Add powdered moonstone, stir three times counter-clockwise, and allow to simmer for seven minutes then add two drops of syrup of hellebore."

"Did you read the third line Potter?"

"No." Potter replied " I forgot the hellebore."

" I know you didn’t Potter, which means that this mess is utterly worthless. Evanesco."

I snickered to myself as did the rest of us Slytherins, "Flask your Potions, they'll be tested next lesson." I poured my potion into my flask, labeled with my name and took it up to Snape’s desk. I gave Professor Snape aninnocent smile. Walking back to my seat, seeing Longbottom massacred the Potion. "You’re as blind as Potter." I spat at him, cleaning out my cauldron, "Evanesco." I muttered.

The bell rang and I left, waiting outside the door for Affinity, Draco and Blaise. "That was interesting." Affinity snickered when she got to me, I laughed and stopped immediately when I saw Blaise and Weasley. "What's he doing?" I growled, hiding the shock in my voice. He was having a conversation with her. "Pandora chill-" But I didn’t listen to whatever else she said, I stormed off. Forgetting Draco and company.

"Not coming to dinner tonight?" Affinity asked me as I sat in the corner of the common room, with my books.

"No." I replied simply.

"He's not worth it, might as well dump him-"

"I’m not going to dump him so she can get her claws into him." I said shooting my eyes up to Affinity's.

"Fine. Don't listen to reason." Her turn to storm off.

"Pandora."

"Draco." I said as I resumed doing my homework, he sat besides me, "Not eating?" I ask him, "Your not." "No I’m not." I say adverting his eyes.

"Forget Zabini-"

"No."

"Pandora, there you are!" I looked up, "Blaise." I said holding back a yell.

"You've been looking for me?"

"Well yeah, I don't see you anymore baby, I miss you." He leaned down and kissed my lips and I didn’t hold back. I kissed him back with much passion, just to piss off Weasley.

"Coming to dinner?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Not hungry."

"No she's not eating because she's fat enough." I shot my eyes up at that annoying voice. "Weasley." I said through gritted teeth.

"Care to join me at dinner Zabini, taking it as she's not going."

"Sure."

"What? No you stay put!" I shot at him, how he could even think for a second to eat with her.

"He doesn’t have to stay put, you don't own him Lestrange." Weasley retorted, walking away. Blaise shrugged and followed. I watched him walk out the portrait hole with her, slamming my hands on my books.

"How could he?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Nothing-" "Don't tell me it’s nothing Draco!" And with that I stormed up the staircase, leaving my books and Draco there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize now, looking at the chapters. The reason I got them out so fast was because they aren't too long.

Thank you for reading! Comments make me all warm and fuzzy! <3