Champion, or Chumpion?

Chapter 3

There, standing right in front of her was perfection that could only be explained with three words: Nicholas Jerry Jonas.

Honey could feel her heart racing and she wasn’t exactly sure if she was still breathing. She thought of all the times she had dreamed of meeting Nick and his brothers and realized that if she had seen all three of them at one time, she probably would have fainted.

After a minute Honey realized that she was staring at him. She shook her head to clear it of the fog that had apparently replaced her brain. Honey extended her hand and he shook it. Oh my gosh, I’m touching Nick Jonas! Honey’s brain screamed. It took all of her self-restraint to let go of his hand and not start jumping up and down and screaming.

“Hi, I’m Nick. It’s really nice to meet you. I watched you on the last season of the show, you were amazing.” He smiled and it made her heart melt.

“I’m Honoria, but most people call me Honey for short. It’s so great to meet you, I’m a huge fan of you and your brothers, I think you guys are fantastic musicians and you’re a huge inspiration for me and all of my dancing and everything and I have always wanted to meet you and you guys are so incredibly amazing and I’m gonna stop talking now because I’m babbling like an idiot.” Honey groaned internally; she was making a fool of herself already and she hadn’t even known the boy for five minutes. Who knew what could happen within the next five weeks.

Honey realized that Nick was laughing. “Wow, you really are a huge fan, Julianne wasn’t lying!” Honey felt her face turn red and she looked at her feet, embarrassed that Julianne had been talking about her with her partner. Her dance partner. Oh God, she was going to have to dance with him.

“Oh, and we have the first dance that you guys are doing. You’ve got the rumba.” Julianne smirked at Honey, as her jaw dropped.

It didn’t seem right that she had to do the rumba with Nick Jonas, it was just plain immoral. Sure, it’s pretty much every teenage girls dream, but seriously, why did it have to be her?

“Well, Honey, we can practice again tomorrow. Me and Jules will leave you two to get to know each other.” Derek was about to bust out laughing, Honey could see it. She glared at him and he shut up and closed the door. Even after it snapped shut, she could still hear him and Julianne arguing on the other side of the door. It went something like:

“Why’d you do that?”

“I thought that was the point, for them to get to know each other?”

“Yea, but I wanted to watch them get to know each other, it would be so funny, and Derek, come on I know you want to watch them too.”


Honey didn’t want to hear anymore.

She walked over to the stereo and grabbed her iPod to shift through the songs and pick one for their rumba. Honey looked over at Nick and realized that he wasn’t dressed for dancing, in skinny jeans and a dark green button-down shirt. “Did you bring other clothes?” she asked him, still looking for a song to use.

“Umm... I have basketball shorts...”

“Perfect. Go change in the bathroom. Do you have another shirt?” Honey looked up again after adding a few songs to a new playlist.

“No.” He looked at her, wearing white short shorts, a pink tank top, and pink, sparkly dancing heels. Honey put down her iPod and walked over to Derek’s bag, which he had left in the corner. She dug through it until she found a plain white t-shirt. Perfect. She tossed it to Nick and he went to the bathroom to change clothes. Honey finished the playlist and was ready when he came back.

“Take off your shoes,” she ordered. He obeyed at once and tossed them in the corner with his clothes.

This was going to be very interesting, to say the least...