Champion, or Chumpion?

Chapter 6

“Umm... Well, do you have a girlfriend?” Honey asked Nick.

“Nope. I’m single. What about you?” He smiled and her heart stopped beating for a half-second.

“I’m not dating anyone,” she informed him.

“Are you serious? A smart, pretty, funny girl like you, who can dance spectacularly doesn’t have a boyfriend?” He looked genuinely shocked and the petite blonde girl turned red.

“I don’t really have time, being on the show at all. The person who really sees me the most is my partner and right now that’s you. Besides, every single guy that I dated last year didn’t work out because: 1) they felt like they were being ignored because I couldn’t spend time with them, 2) they got jealous of my partner from last season, Cody Linely, 3) Derek scared them off; he tends to do that. The list of reasons goes on and on, I promise.” She sighed.

“I know how you feel. I just do not have the time to date right now, but if I see a pretty girl at one of our concerts, (and she’s not already all over me) then sometimes I can’t help myself. I’ll ask her on a date and then I’ll realize that I don’t have time to go on the date and I have to cancel. It makes me feel so bad. And then there are those girls who just want to date me because I’m famous. I hate that.” Nick shook his head, disgusted. Honey nodded, understanding exactly what he meant; she had met her fair share of guys that were like that.

“I’m glad that someone feels my pain. Actually, you’ve got it worse than me. You have the stupid stalker-azzi following you everywhere you go. I’m just stuck in a studio all day. They can’t get to me in here.” She smiled at him.

“That’s gotta get pretty boring,” Nick said, grinning for no apparent reason.

“Not when Julianne is around or when Derek has had caffeine. It gets so crazy around here, you wouldn’t even believe it,” the dancer told him “Why are you smiling?” she asked him, giggling at the expression on his face.

“I don’t know, I guess it’s just nice to have a break from the roller coaster ride that I call my life,” he said, looking down at the ground.

“Yea, my life is kind of like that too...” Honey agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of a filler, but at least I posted?...?