Maximum

Well It Didn't Start This Way...

The journey to the far side of the track was long and treacherous. Ok, not really. But it took a while considering that for every step Matty went, I took 3 hops. However, it was all worth it because we had a conversation about Denny's. It was practically a tradition for the distance team to go to Denny's after every meet. If we won, it was a celebration. If we lost, it put some pep back in our step. So either way, we had fun. Our conversation went a little something like this:

"Soo... I don't mean to sound selfish but it is a meet day..." He was obviously trying to tell me something but I was lost.
"Yeah. It is a meet day... What's your point?" I asked with a confused expression.
"Well 'cuz ya know... We always go to Denny's on meet days... Remember?" do i sense sorrow in his voice? possibly annoyance? uh-oh.
"Oh! Well if you guys wanna go then don't let me stop you! By all means go, go!"
"Really? Oh. Well ok then," As the words exited his mouth, he turned his gaze away from me.
"Hey... Matty... are you ok?" Now I was worried. this isn't like him at all! Matty and sad don't go together!
"Huh? Me? Yeah. I'm fine," He tried to convince me with a smile but stopped when he realized that I was not being fooled at all.
"Please Matty? Tell me," i'm going to find out what's going on.
He sighed, "Well..." His voice trailed off and it seemed like he did too. is this situation bigger than i think?
"Matt... please?" i thought he could always tell me everything... am i ready for this?
"I... Haiden... I miss you ok?" The words slipped over his tongue so fast. He held my gaze for a while before lowering his once again. he misses me? i'm right here! i'm also very confused...
"Matty... I'm right here. What do you mean?" ok now i'm super lost!
"You Haiden! I miss you! Before this season we hung out and we had fun and... there was actually a 'we'. And now, well it's more of just Haiden over here and Matty over there. Don't you get it? Haiden, I miss you." His eyes alone spoke a thousand words. And his voice confirmed them all. Matty misses me? and what 'we' is he referring to? i don't remember us dating or anything... did we date? was i supposed to 'get it'? oh dear...
"Really?" I was still quite shocked that he felt this way, "Well why didn't you ever say anything before?"
"I don't know. I guess you looked so happy when you were doing what you love and I didn't want to mess that up for you because you and I both know that if I had told you sooner you would have worried about me," His voice gradually got softer and I could have sworn I saw his eyes get watery. what's happening to my Matty? and why did i just refer to him as mine?
"Woah," We stopped walking and I grabbed his hand, "There's nothing that I love more than spending time with my best friends."
"Really HD? You mean it?" He seemed a little surpriesd by this, and that was shown by his genuine smile.
"Really really. I mean it," He gave me a light squeeze before letting go. We continued to walk again, but this time in comfortable silence... just thinking about how much we truly meant to each other. wait! is that what he's really thnking about? omg what is he thinking about? i wanna know! why is he torturing me?!

Ok... So our conversation wasnt really about Denny's. But it did start out that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
not as long as i'd hoped but a good length yeah?

comments? questions? criticism?
anything is greatly appreciated. :)

-peace Hope and love ^.^