Traitor to My Heart

Make Plans To Break Plans

Months passed and mine and Curtis' relationship heated up. He was still living with Oli and I, even though he didn’t need to because he was renting a small, shitty apartment on the outskirts of the city, where we met every other night for a little alone time. Oli was almost never home and when he was, he would be writing new songs or designing for his clothing label.

Oli wrapped his arms around me, "Julz, I miss you. We haven’t had time together in what feels like weeks," he pouted, putting his chin on the top of my head. I put my hand on his cheek, caressing his smooth face.

He placed his hand on top of mine and spun me around, "You want to stay in tonight, just me and you?" He proposed, sitting me down next to him on the couch, where he sprawled out and pulled me into him.

I laid there next to him, my head in the crook of his arm and smiled at the though of being with the man I was supposed to be. The terrible sense of cheating on my boyfriend was eating away at my stomach as of late, and I wanted to cleanse myself of it.

"Fuck, I can't tonight." Oli realized, cussing under his breath. I thought back in my mind, today was Tuesday. I met Curtis every Tuesday, so technically I couldn’t either. I looked at my boyfriend, turning my mouth into a frown. He kissed my lips and continued rambling, "I'm sorry, Julzy. We have a show booked for tonight, you should come and then afterwards, we can kick Curtis out for a little and have some well-deserved alone time, how about it baby?"

I nodded, cuddling back into Oliver. Curtis walked into the living room and nodded at Oli then gave me a weird look. I shrugged and closed my eyes, listening to them talk. They were bantering on about how they should leave and do a sound check. Oli untangled himself from me and got off the couch.

The boys left and my phone buzzed, scaring the shit out of me. I turned the television on so it wasn’t quiet in the apartment and looked at my texts. Two new ones, sent at the same time. I opened the first one which was from Curtis and read: "We can meet in ten minutes if I can get away from your bloke."

And one from Oli, "I love you, I'm sorry I had to leave."