Traitor to My Heart

Sleep With One Eye Open

Oli cackled, spitting in Curtis' face. He circled Curtis dangerously, "Fuck you, Ward!" Oli took a step closer to him, getting in his face, "You took what you wanted from me, you stole Julz away and you ripped apart a friendship of what- seven years? You ripped it all up for her! For one or two fucks!"

Curtis shoved Oli again, "You think I only fucked her once or twice! Think again, mate." Curtis was antagonizing Oliver, which was never a good idea, and he was using me as bate. They were going to get into a fight. I stepped forward, yelling at them to stop at the same time Oliver screamed, his voice breaking.

"I can't believe you! You knew she was important to me! You knew I loved her!"

With that, Oliver threw the first punch, catching Curtis in the eye. Curtis hit him back, his fist making contact with Oli's nose, which started spewing blood. I gasped and tried to stop them again, only to be pushed out of the way by Curtis. Oliver screamed at him, "Don't push her!"

Curtis threw a punch again, hitting him in the gut, "You did, so fuck off!"

Oli groaned and hit Curtis in the jaw, causing Curtis to stagger backwards, "If I had it my way I'd slit your throat with the knife you left in my back!" Oli screamed. Curtis was on his knees, clutching his jaw. Oliver kicked his side, and Curtis grabbed his foot, bringing Oli onto the floor with him, punching him a few more times. Oliver smacked Curtis across the back of the head and left him on the floor, bleeding.

Oli stood up, blood pouring down his face, and looked down at Curtis, who was choking on his blood, "You better fucking bow down to me, you better beg for mercy. Get on your fucking knees and cry me a fucking river," Oliver said, kicking Curtis one last time as four men bounded through the club, all of them cops, and cuffed Oliver, who laughed demonically, chilling me to the bone.

I cried out, and Oliver looked at me, "All the shame, all this guilt, all this regret that you feel, Juliana, that's me. I'm inside of your head now and this is your world fucking falling apart, love, from the inside out." The police pulled Oliver farther away from me, one of them going over to help the bloody mess that was Curtis and Oli laughed again.

As he was being pulled outside, he looked at Curtis, who was standing up, a hand on his bruised jaw, "Sleep with one eye open, Ward!"
♠ ♠ ♠
this is my favorite chapter