Be the One I'm Looking For?

Mixed Words

The ice pack pressed against his head was freezing and it was stinging the huge gash in Oli's head. He sat back in the tour bus, sitting back on the couch and slouching. It was so humiliating to fall and hit the ground in front of all those bands, with the bonus of getting a cut on his forehead, surprisingly not having to get stitches, but a bandage to cover the blood.

Oli looked out the window and saw Hayley walking and making conversations with various bands when he suddenly realized that he never got to thank her for helping him out.

He quickly ran toward the door and opened it before Hayley had the chance to walk away.

"Hey," he called out while still standing in the bus with the door wide open.

She turned around to where she heard his voice and looked at him. "Yeah?"

"Um, thanks for helping me stand up," he said, his accent making her lips grin.

"Oh, no problem," Hayley smiled. "I'm just glad I was there to help you after you fell."

Gosh, that was stupid of me to say. Why would I remind someone of what they did, especially if they aren't happy about it? Ugh, I need to leave before I sound even more dumb.

"I should go," she turned her back on him and began walking away, but he followed her. This girl had something in her and he needed to learn more. Why didn't he want her to leave?

"Wait," he grabbed her arm and she faced him once more.

Oli spoke again. "Well, now that we're done with the whole tripping incident, I could get to know you more better. I'm Oliver Sykes."

He held out his hand and Hayley shook it. "And I'm Hayley Williams. Aren't you in the band Bring Me The Horizon?"

"Yeah," he said. "That's great that you heard of my band. I haven't heard of yours at all, though."

Why the fuck did I say that? Oli snapped at himself.

Hayley laughed a little. "The band's name is Paramore."

"Paramore," he repeated. "Hopefully, I'll remember that when I want to see you guys perform."

"I'll be looking forward to that," Hayley nodded.

They both stood silent and looked down, Hayley picking carelessly at her nails and Oli holding the ice pack and playing with it. Those moments of silence felt too awkward, so the atmosphere was in need of conversations.

"So," Oli began.

"So," Hayley said at the exact same time. "You go first."

He scratched his head. "Do you want to..."

The sentence dropped and he closed his mouth shut, feeling that his words were getting mixed. At first, Oli thought he knew what he would say, but he wasn't quite sure if it was right to say it.

Oh, the hell with it.

"Do you wanna hang out with me in the bus for a bit?" he asked.

She paused. "Yeah, sure, that way we'll kind of learn more about each other."

Hayley followed him into the bus and looked around, finding it to be slightly messy. It wasn't that bad, and besides, they were guys and being messy was just something natural.

Oli sat down on the couch again and Hayley did the same.

"Okay," Oli smirked. "Now you first."

"So you have no idea what your original hair color is?" Oli laughed.

"I'm serious!" Hayley laughed along with him. "I know that it wasn't red."

"Hmmm, that's interesting," he admitted. "Are you gonna dye it again?"

"Yeah, I might do something different," she said. "Got any ideas?"

"Actually, maybe you could-"

The bus door opened and in came Curtis, Lee, Matt K., and Matt N.

"Hey Oli-" Curtis paused when he saw Hayley. "Oh, um, are we interrupting anything?"

"Hi," Hayley waved at them. "I'm Hayley. And I'm guessing this is the rest of the band?"

Oli gestured to each of his band mates. "This is Lee, Curtis, Matt, and, well, Matt."

"We've been looking for you," Lee said. "And what the hell happened to your head?"

"I fell."

"Again?"

"Yes," Oli mumbled. "Don't even bother laughing."

But it was already too late. Curtis was laughing harder than earlier. "Now you seriously need to give me the ten bucks that you owe."

"I owed you five!" Oli yelled.

"For falling again, that's another five," Curtis corrected.

"Shut up!" he shouted again without thinking and looked at Hayley.

"Does anyone mind telling me this money thing?" she chuckled.

"I made a bet before we arrived here," Oli explained. "And I lost."

"And he still owes me the money ," Curtis added. "By the way, how did you meet our clumsy fool?"

Oli shot him a look, but Hayley ignored it. "I was the one that helped your 'clumsy fool' when he fell off the bus."

Matt N. laughed. "I'm guessing we should have let him get off first."

Hayley shrugged. "I don't blame him for falling since I've kind of tripped on my way out the bus a few times."

Her confession sounded like she was trying to get everyone's attention off of Oli since he was being made fun of and he was very thankful for that.

"I think Oli and I should go outside now," she said. "My band's probably looking for me."

She walked a few feet away from them and Oli whispered to his band so she wouldn't hear. "Do you guys have to embarrass me in front of her?"

"You never cared about it before," Lee whispered back. "Do you like her or something?"

"No!" he hissed.

For that, he walked away and began to make for the exit with Hayley.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me a while. I always seem to be very busy these days and it's just ruined my time to update.

-Aliya