Be the One I'm Looking For?

Band Meets Band

"Hey, has anyone seen Hayley?" Josh asked the other two members of Paramore. Zac just shrugged and Jeremy gave him the don't-look-at-me look.

"Well, it can't be too hard to find her," Zac said. "Just look for a girl with bright red hair. Simple as it is."

Josh just looked at his brother and Jeremy did the same. They both chuckled and felt foolish for thinking that it'd be challenging to find Hayley.

Zac smirked. "And if that ain't easy for you, listen for her voice."

"It's so weird how he always makes us seem stupid," Jeremy said to Josh.

"Guys!" Hayley was heard from a distance.

"Wow, her voice came fast." Josh laughed at the coincidence.

Her voice seemed close and they looked around to find her in a tour bus of a different band with somebody they obviously didn't know. She always had a knack for making friends fast because of how sweet she was, so it wasn't a surprise.

"We've been looking for you," Josh said. "Uh, who is this?"

"Oli Sykes of Bring Me The Horizon," Oli went ahead and extended an arm, waiting for Josh to shake his hand. "My band is also here to play."

"Oh yeah, I've heard of you," Zac stepped into the conversation. "You're apart of that death core band. Earlier, Hayley was looking up your mus-"

Hayley elbowed him in the abs and hissed, "Not the right thing to say, idiot. "

She didn't want to sound like a stalker and immediately blushed of embarrassment because Oli probably thought she was strange. If only Zac hadn't brought it up because she wanted to run away.

But Oli just smiled at her. "You were listening to my music?"

Hayley swung her foot shyly and looked at him. "Um, yes. When I heard about your band, I wanted to....listen to the music."

"What'd you think?" he asked.

"I liked it," she simply answered. "I really was interested and as crazy as this seems, I understood the lyrics."

"You understood them?"

"Yes," she mumbled. "Is that a bad thing...?"

"Not one bit!" he hugged her and laughed. Hayley was light that he picked her up from the ground while embracing her.

"If you start spinning, I'm gonna hurt you!" she yelled.

He put her down and let her go. "You're the first person to actually tell me that you liked the music because of the lyrics. Every time I heard about how great my music was, they always said that they liked how the tunes were or that they couldn't even figure out what I was screaming. Now please don't hurt me. Seriously, I already fell."

She giggled when he finished his explanation because she couldn't do anything worse than what the ground did to his head. "Anyway, this is Josh, Zac, and Jeremy, the members of my band."

"I hope to listen to your music, too," Oli nodded.

Then Curtis, Lee, and both Matts came out of the bus, hoping to apologize to their frontman for being stupid and immature. When they saw Oli, they also saw four other people, the girl whom they had already met.

"Oli," Curtis patted his shoulder. "Hayley, is this your band?"

"Yeah, I was just introducing Oli to them," Hayley replied and introduced her band members once again. Oli introduced his band also and they all exchanged hellos and handshakes.

"Hey, we should hang out tonight," Lee said to all of them. "How about you guys come over to our bus so we could have some fun?"

"That sounds great," Jeremy nodded. "A sort of get together before Warped Tour starts tomorrow."

After every both bands talked and laughed, Hayley walked around with Oli when they were alone again. She always felt shy and couldn't really make her words come out right to him, but still felt normal when around him. As for Oli, he unnaturally was quiet around Hayley. When it came to meeting new people, he wasn't the huge screamer like how he was on stage.

"What does your voice sound like?" Oli asked her the question he'd been wanting to ask. "I want to see what I'm up for tomorrow when you sing."

"My voice," Hayley began. "It's really hard for me to explain what I sound like. I guess it's strong, which is what most people say about me. They tell me that my voice is beautiful or amazing and I never was able to describe it myself."

"I bet it'll sound great," he assured her. If so many people had said those things about her voice, she was bound to sound astounding.

"Okay, about the hangout tonight," she said. "I have a feeling it'll turn out crazy."

"That depends what kind of crazy you mean," Oli retorted. "Do you mean horrible crazy or awesome crazy?"

"Awesome crazy," Hayley replied. "Why, what were you thinking when I said crazy? The bad one?"

"Maybe," he muttered.

"Why would it be bad?"

"I'm just worried I might make a fool of myself."

Especially in front of you.

"That doesn't even matter," she said. "I mean, I always end up being stupid in front of everyone."

"Yeah, but when I'm stupid, it's just really shitty," Oli said.

"It won't happen," Hayley told him. "Trust me, you'll be fine. Besides you'll be busy having too much fun with me that you won't even think about messing up."

"Are you sure?" Oli raised one eyebrow.

"I'm sure," Hayley repeated and gave him a hug. "I'll see you later, okay? Try to smile and enjoy yourself."

"I'll make the most of it," Oli watched her walk away and the moment she was out of sight, he thought about her reassuring him and how she made him feel so normal.

He thought about Hayley and he did smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoyed this chapter because you can see how their relationship starts to grow a little. And I'm prepared for what the next chapter will be like since I've got everything planned out.
Please tell me what you think since it's been a while. :]

-Aliya