Status: completed.

Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart Now Baby.

sept.

Have you ever had one of those days when you didn't want to see anyone? Those days when you didn't want to pretend you actually gave a shit to anything that was going on around you? Those days when all you want to do is lay in bed and sleep, not having a care in the world.

But usually during these days you tend to think about something that bothers you. Something or someone who has been plaguing your dreams at night, and entering your thoughts during the daytime.

But even trying your hardest to get rid of the idiotic thoughts, you just can't seem to let them go.

"Why do I feel like you're avoiding me?" Looking up from my book that I was hiding behind in the library, I looked up and saw Alex hovering above me. He was sitting on the table, looking downwards at my slouching position in the chair. I saw that he had the baby laying on his lap, and he was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I've been feeling sick, and have a headache. Everywhere else was noisy..." I lied through clenched teeth, and avoided his gaze that felt like he was burning holes through my skull.

"Oh? Is that why you also ignored my calls and texts this weekend? Were you to busy 'being sick?' And what was with you in trig today? You didn't sit in your normal spot, and you sat in the most crowded corner? I thought you had a headache, yet you sat back there? We're supposed to be partners for this project, Sadie, but I had the baby this weekend all by myself." Starting to feel the guilt enter my body, I looked up and saw Alex glaring at me, trying to look pissed off. But the look in his eyes showed a different emotion that I couldn't quite comprehend.

"I'm sorry Alex." I spit out quietly. My throat felt like it was closing up, and felt incredibly weird like cotton mouth. "I didn't want to sit in the front today in Trig, I wanted a ..um ..a different perspective? We are partners, and I'm sorry about this weekend. I've just been...busy." Once again I lied to his face. I felt the overwhelming feeling of guilt engulf me entirely.

"Whatever Sadie. Here's the baby, I'll see you around." I watched him remove himself from the table, and start to walk away. I wanted to turn around and tell him to come back, but decided against it.

What would have I told him? "Oh yeah Alex, I think I might like you, that's why I've been avoiding you for the past couple days." I don't think that would have turned out so well.

Shaking my head slightly, I felt the lump in my throat start to form, and I found myself in a very, very confused state of mind. Why was I feeling like this? The last time I felt the annoying little lump in my throat, and the way I felt like I couldn't breathe, was at my mothers funeral five years ago.

Standing up before I started to make a total ass out of myself, I quickly grabbed the baby and my bag and walked out of the school's library. Feeling the tears start to form, I basically jogged down the hallway and towards the back of the building. I heard someone calling my name, but I didn't acknowledge them at all.

I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I didn't want anyone to think of me as vulnerable or a little weak pathetic girl. I could barely register in my mind what was happening to me. I felt like a three year old girl who just lost her favorite teddy bear. I felt like a baby, a crying baby who wanted someone to just pick them up, and soothe them into happiness.

Pushing the doors open, I ran towards my car. Placing the baby on top of the roof, I searched my bag for the keys that I desperately wanted right now. With shaky hands I placed the key into the keyhole, turning it I heard the 'click' of it unlocking. Grabbing the baby, I opened the back door and roughly placed the baby into the annoying car seat.

Moving backwards to shut the door, I felt a body behind me. Squeaking loudly and jumping ten feet in the air, I felt my heart start pounding against my chest. My breathing started to quicken and I felt like I was about to pass out.

"Shit! Sadie, I didn't mean to scare you!" I didn't have to look up or hear his voice to know who was standing in front of me so close. I could just tell by the way my body reacted, and the smell of his cologne. "Are you okay?" He asked and put his hands on my shoulders. I still didn't look up because I knew my eyes were bloodshot, and my nose would have probably looked like Rudolph the Reindeer.

I felt him remove his hand from my shoulder and placed it underneath my chin, forcing me to lift my face up and look at him. "Have you been crying?" He asked suddenly, his whole face changing from one emotion to another.

I didn't even get to respond before I was pulled into his chest. I don't know what came over me, but I just started to cry into his chest. I found it ironic that the person who made me cry in the first place was now comforting me and not having the slightest idea.

But I had no idea either, I didn't know why I was acting like a love sick puppy.

I used to strong, I never broke down before. Even when my mother died, and my father barely came home, I was always the one who held everything together for myself. Sure, I cried when my mom died, but I can hardly remember anyone ever comforting me the way I was right now.

"Shhh, it's okay." I heard Alex whisper softly into my ear, which sent shivers down my spine. I could feel his hands rubbing my back in a soothing motion, which did calm me down a lot.

Pulling my face away from his chest, and lifting my head up, I felt so small looking into his eyes. He smiled a small smile, one that I haven't ever seen before, and I felt content just being in his arms. I felt him remove his right hand from my back, and watched him wipe away the teardrops that were running down my always tear stained cheeks.

"You okay now?" He questioned, placing his hand back to his original spot on my back. Smiling and nodding my head, I didn't want to break the hold he had, but I needed to if I wanted to keep my feelings to myself.

He smiled again, and lowered his head towards me. Feeling the panic rise in my chest, I just stood still, not knowing what he was going to do. I calmed down a little bit when I felt him place his lips onto my forehead.

I felt cold when he removed his arms from around me. I just stood there dumbfounded, but quickly recovered when he started to walk away. "I'll see you later, Sads. Stop by tonight if you're feeling better."

I gave a weak smile, and watched his retreating back become a dot in the distance.

Positioning myself in the driver's seat after not being able to see Alex anymore, I started the ignition with a smile on my face.

Maybe keeping my feelings to myself won't be such a bad idea after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)