Status: completed.

Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart Now Baby.

huit.

Have you ever had that gut feeling something bad was about to happen? Maybe just a little flick of fear that enters your mind, and seems to linger for some time until you release it? You don't know why you feel so fearful of something you couldn't see, or something you didn't know about, but you know deep down in your heart that you're just trying to protect yourself from something.

After the small breakdown a week ago on Alex's chest, I figured he would have treated me differently, but he didn't at all. He still made his cocky perverted jokes to me just like he had the first day of this project.

The one thing that did change between us though was I didn't feel incredibly awkward or uncomfortable when he would put his arm around my shoulders or waist. And I barely noticed the times when he would grab my hand gently, and rub my hand with his thumb.

Trying not to show how you feel is quite hard though. Trying not to smile at everything he said, stupid or not, was producing a small tinge of hurt in my cheeks. And the hardest part was trying not to let my breath catch in my throat every time he would look my way. Just a glance from him could melt my once ice cold facade into water. I never had this problem before, and ever since I got to know Alex, everything I once believed in completely changed.

I still believe that you cannot fall in love with someone once you see them. Love at first sight is such a bullshit fairytale dream in my opinion. But I do believe you can grow attached to someone in a short period of time. You do grow feelings for someone when you spend most of your time with them. You grow to adore being around them, and the way they make you feel special; even if they had no idea they made you feel like that in the first place.

I've realized that I have grown my own little attachment and my own small feelings towards Alex. He might piss me off to no end sometimes, but I love it when he tries to make everything right at the end of the night.

And I'm quite ashamed to admit that I love the annoying little butterfly fluttering around feeling in my stomach whenever I see him.

But the hardest part about the whole situation is keeping everything to myself. I didn't want Alex or any of his friends to know about my feelings, in case Alex didn't reciprocate how I felt. I didn't want to become just another joke for them to laugh about.

Laying in bed and thinking about my insecurities about my feelings, I tried to think about anything else besides Alexander Gaskarth. I didn't want to be one of those girls who would constantly daydream about her adoration for another.

Being to engrossed in my own thoughts, I didn't even hear the window squeak as it slid up. I didn't hear the footsteps coming closer and closer towards my bed, and I didn't realize someone was in my room.

Well that is until I felt my bed sink down. Before I could even let out a loud scream I felt a cold hand cover my mouth. "Shhh! Sadie, it's just me!" I calmed down from my panic attack when I heard his voice.

"What the flying fuck are you doing here Alex?!" I screamed when he released my mouth.

"I couldn't sleep and you weren't answering your phone." He said shrugging his shoulders, and laid on my bed; spreading out like he owned it.

"So.. you decided to come bother me at.. two in the morning?" I asked bewildered as to why he crawled in through my window. All my insecurities about Alex, now turned into a feeling mixed between bewilderment and confusion.

"It's not like we have school tomorrow Sads." Alex said like it was the most obvious answer to my question. "Plus, I couldn't sleep, and I wanted to see you." I thanked God that my room was lit by the moonlight, because if I was visible Alex would have noticed my face turn a bright shade of red.

"You just saw me earlier today?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion once my heartbeat was at its normal pace again.

"Sadie, just shut up. Come lay with me." I just sat upright, staring at Alex's laying position. He opened his arms widely, waiting for me to lay with him. I contemplated whether I should lay with him or not. I slowly positioned myself next to him, keeping a small distance between us.

As soon as my back was on Alex's forearm, he pulled me into him. I was forced to lay my head on his chest, while he wrapped his arm around my back, and rested it on my waist.

I couldn't deny that I liked cuddling with him. He smelled incredibly good, like the smell before rain mixed with vanilla. I could feel him making patterns on my exposed hip, which sent shivers down my entire body. "Are you cold?" He whispered into my ear, which once again sent my heart into over-drive. I could only nod my head, and he lifted himself up off of the blanket. After I lifted myself up as well, Alex pulled me even closer to him; which I thought was already close before, and placed the blanket over us.

I could feel my eyelids get heavy as I listened to his heartbeat, it was like my favorite lullaby as a child. "Alex?" I called out, which was responded with a light 'hmm' come from him. "Why are you here?" Feeling my eyes close suddenly, I didn't know how I got so tired, when only a couple minutes ago I was wide awake and drowning in my thoughts.

"No reason that you need to worry about, Sadie. Just go to sleep." He whispered, humming one of his songs that I heard at his house, I already forgot the title for it.

As I fell into a light slumber I heard Alex mumble something, which was followed by a light kiss on the top of my head.

That night I fell asleep peacefully and full of content.

"You're beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd be lying if I told you; losing you was something I could handle,

:)