Falling with Every Step

Jealousy

Everyone was in Chicago for the next five days. They had three days off until they played their final two concerts at the Rosemont Theater. Everyone decided to go out to a club, since everyone could drink, considering they had no concert the next day.

Gabe and Mary Jane hadn’t talked since they had broken up, even though both of them wanted to talk to the other one. Mary Jane was currently talking to Brendon.

“So, you still haven’t talked to Gabe?” Brendon asked.

“No, and can we talk about something else?” Mary Jane asked.

“Like what?”

“Like you. Any girls in your life right now?”

“Um, yes and no,” Brendan replied.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Mary Jane asked as she took another drink of her water. Even though there wasn’t a concert the next day, Mary Jane still decided she didn’t want to drink.

“There is someone I like, but it’s not going to go anywhere.”

“Why not?”

“She doesn’t like me the way I like her,” he said.

“Who wouldn’t like you,” Mary Jane said. After a few moments of silence, she said, “Oh, god, please tell me it’s not me. You don’t like me like that, do you?”

“No! MJ, no! Sorry, but I like you as a friend, and nothing more.”

“Thank god!” Mary Jane exclaimed. “Sorry, that probably doesn’t sound very nice, does it?”

“It’s fine,” Brendon told her.

“So, seriously, who is it?”

“MJ, stop.”

“Come on, Brendon,” she continued badgering him.

“Fine. It’s Vicky,” Brendon said a little too loudly. He looked around to see if anyone else had heard, but it seemed as if the music had been too loud for them to hear anything.

“Seriously?” Mary Jane asked, her eyes going wide.

“Yes,” Brendon said.

“Why don’t you ask her out?”

“I already told you. She doesn’t like me the same way. Plus, we all saw what happens when you go out with someone that you’re touring with,” he said.

“Don’t use me and Gabe as an excuse to not ask her out. Besides, what if I could promise you that she would be happy as hell if you asked her out?” Mary Jane asked, smiling.

“Really?” Brendon asked skeptically.

“Yep. Now go!” she said.

“Okay, thanks,” Brendon said, kissing her on the cheek.

All of a sudden, Vicky walked up to them and grabbed Mary Jane by the arm. “What the hell?” she yelled at her.

“What?” Mary Jane asked confused.

“What?” Vicky asked mocking her. “Gabe breaks up with you and you decide get with another guy on the tour? The guy that I told you I liked?”

“Vicky,” Mary Jane began, trying to explain to her what was going on.

“I thought I could trust you. I thought you were my friend!” Vicky yelled.

“Vicky!” Mary Jane yelled. “It’s not what you think!”

“Oh, really? Then what is it?”

“I was telling Brendon that he should ask you out.”

“What?” Vicky asked quietly.

“Yeah,” Brendon interjected. “She told me to go ask you out. I kissed her on the cheek to thank her.”

“Oh,” Vicky said quietly. “Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Mary Jane said. “I’m going to go over there, okay? You guys talk. Brendan, ask her, okay?”

“I’m sorry, MJ,” Vicky said.

“I said don’t worry about it, okay? Have fun. I’ll see you later, and you can tell me all the details.”

Vicky smiled and said, “Okay. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye, Brendan.”

“Bye, MJ,” he said as she walked away. He turned back to Vicky.

“I feel like an idiot,” Vicky said.

“It’s okay. It’s kind of nice to hear that you like me,” he said laughing.

“Really?” Vicky asked.

“Yeah, because I like you, too.”

“Really?” Vicky repeated.

“Yeah. I have for a while, but after what happened with Gabe and MJ I didn’t think it would be too good of an idea to ask you out. But then I just talked to MJ who told me to ask you out.”

“You gotta love that girl,” Vicky said.

“Yeah,” Brendon said. “So, what do you say? Would you like to go out with me?”

“I’d love to,” Vicky said smiling.

“Okay, what about tomorrow night?” Brendan asked. Vicky nodded, and Brendan continued. “How about a dance for now?”

“Sure,” she said taking his hand.

After dancing for a while, the two decided to go sit down. “You know what?” Vicky said. “I think I’m going to go find MJ and apologize again, okay.”

“Sure,” he said looking around for her. “Do you see her?”

“No. I’ll go find her, though. I’ll talk to you later?”

“Yeah, but wait,” Brendon said.

“What?” she asked turning around. Brendon reached down and grabbed her head, leaning down and kissing her.

“I’ve wanted to do that,” he said.

“Well, I’m glad you did, but I’m going to go find MJ now, okay? I’ll see you later,” she said kissing him again before walking off. She found William over at one of the tables.

“Hey, William, have you seen MJ lately?” Vicky asked him.

“I saw her about five minutes ago. She was with Chris. They were walking up those stairs together,” he replied.

“Okay, thanks,” Vicky said walking toward the staircase. She couldn’t help but wonder why Mary Jane would go anywhere with Chris by herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh! What's going to happen next?
What do you all think is going to happen?
Give me some feedback, please! I appreciate all of the comments I've gotten, and I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking (even if you hate it--just tell me)!!