We're All Mad Here.

The Return of Wonderland.

It was easy to tell this is where Hannah fit in best; talking rationally with strange animals on a golden beach. They all sat in a small circle, shivering violently and arguing slightly. Their quick trip through the thrashing waters of Wonderland had left them all cold and bitter.

They all had very smart ideas, and indeed they were worth sharing, but sitting there, going back and forth wasn’t doing much in the way of their current body temperature. A cold was a serious pain that they all wished to avoid; this is where they all agreed.

It was then that a truly brilliant idea was suggested; a rather large bird sitting next to Hannah recommended running off the salty substance that drenched their clothes and coated their skin, or feathers in some cases. This idea was easily preferred to sitting and shivering, so they all began running in a wide circle.

After running wildly around Hannah found herself exhausted, her heart pounded loudly in her chest and her clothes no longer stuck to her sticky skin. A flush filled her face and she found herself a place to rest. She laid half of her body in the sunlight and half in the night and waited silently for her heart to burst.


Her body stirred once again and she awoke in the white room. She was alone this time, and took this as an excuse to let a few tears slip. Nothing was worse than crying in front of a nurse that was paid to pretend to care. Nothing was worse than crying in front of a beautiful boy. No, neither would do, so she held everything inside for these few quiet moments.

Once she had composed herself, Hannah noticed several DVDs and a small bag sitting on her beside table. She had Aaron to thank for her next few days of sanity, but he didn’t stop by. In fact, for the next couple days her only source of human contact was the energetic nurses and her solemn doctor. Maybe sanity wasn’t such a good word for the current state of mind she was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
And Wonderland returns.
What do you think?

Thanks to Audrey T. for betaing.