Treehouse

Chapter 10 - Sleepover

As soon as Steffan had left the room I scrambled through the sack of clothes and pulled out some pajamas. I was glad to get rid of my new outfit, courtesy of Sara, and put on something more like me. Sara didn't seem the least bit offended by my reaction to her clothes, in fact she couldn't care less, not now Steffan had gone anyway. She gave me them clothes for a reason, and I knew she would ask about it later.

Later came too soon.

"So, you like my friend then." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

I though carefully about my answer. "Yeah, I suppose I do."

"Awesome."

"Well, when I say that, I mean I like him a lot. A very lot." I could feel my cheeks burning as my face turned pink.

"I can tell." I knew she could. "That's why I asked him along tomorra. He seemed happy, too happy. Ooh, I just hope something happens between you two, my two friends, my amigos, in love." Talk about a little too over enthusiastic.

I change the subject. "So where exactly are we going tomorrow?"

"I was thinking maybe Doncaster, or do you have any suggestions?"

"No, no, Donny's fine. And what are you planning on doing tonight?"

"I don't know," she through me a cheesy grin, "but... you know how you love me? And how your hair;s like immensely long? Could I pretty please do it for you?" She extended her smile."

I couldn't face an argument, so I gave in straight away. "Okay then, if you must."

I perched myself on the edge of her big bed and once again brushed through my curls. Heat protection, or any other styling product like that were, in Sara's view, unnecessary seeing as though they only protected to heats under two hundred degrees, and Sara had no intentions of using any low heat settings. She came up behind me and took the brush from my hands.

"I hope I don't hurt you."

"I hope you don't too." We both giggled.

Diverting my mind away from my hair, I began to think about Steffan. I wished that he hadn't have left, and I definitely wished I had hadn't fallen asleep. Twice. Although words didn't come to me, I wished we had more time to talk. I began to plan how I'd tell him what he meant to me without feeling too stupid. And the I remembered. If it was to be me doing the talking, there was no point in planning ahead, it'd go wrong somehow anyway. So my mind concentrated on my vivid memories of him. My head was filled with images of his perfect smile, his big, blue eyes, his dark crimson hair, of everything about him.

How time flew fast then. Before I knew it, Sara had finished, my hair had been completed. I was shocked. My hair touched my bottom. I had never, ever imagined it to be this long. Neither had Sara.

"My god Soph, you seen how long your hair actually is. Look at it! It comes down to your bum. I'd die for hair as long as yours."

I just smiled. Then looked at the clock. It was ten already. I couldn't believe it. Time moves so fast.

"So, what you wanna do now then?" I asked.

"We can watch a film if you want."

"Sounds great." I lied.

I watched this first half of some boring film that I'd already seen before I fell asleep. I had no nightmares. This time I was on a parachute jump, floating effortlessly down the tunnel. There, waiting at the bottom, was Steffan. His smile as wide as his open arms. He caught me when I landed. We exchanged an everlasting hug and spent the rest of the dream looking into one another's eyes, his shimmering pools reflecting into mine. I was truly happy.

But all good things come to an end. I woke up at nine in the morning. I felt suddenly awake; I was excited for the day. I could not wait. This was going to be the best shopping trip ever. For one simple reason. He would be there. It was going to be amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter's a bit short and rushed.
I will try not to do it again.
Comment please. I need to hear from more than one person!
Thank you. =]