Treehouse

Chapter 3 - Time To Go Home

He broke his hold and spoke to me, "see, if you hadn't have came along, then I would be dead right now, not sat underneath this tree hugging you."

"Yeah I guess so," I sighed. He ran his fingers through my long, red hair. " I've got to go now."

"Why so soon little red, can't you stay any longer?"

"I suppose I could," I paused, "but it's dark, me mam will be home soon, and I need to change out of this damn uniform."

"Will you be coming out afterwards?" he was curious.

"Okay, I will, especially for you,"" I smiled.

"I'll walk you home then, you know, just in case you get murdered by chavs," the sound of quiet laughter came from him.

"What's your problem with chavs then?"

"My problem is that they have a problem with us, that there arrogant, and they shout out random abuse at random people."

"Okay, got it," though I had never realised it, but to be honest I never really paid attention to the lives of people whom were of no concern to me.

He got up and held his hand out for me. I stood up and took it without even thinking. We walked out of the woods and back into the real world. It took just under half an hour to get to the end of my street, where there was, conveniently, a wooden bench, where we sat.

Topaz street lights increased the visibility of everything and made his features a lot easier to study. Tiny lakes of clear, blue water run around a small island of coal that was found in the middle of his beautiful eyes, that were also studying me. Our eyes met. I quickly looked away to avoid embarrassment. His dark auburn hair shone under the yellow rays. His slightly thin lips were closed below his button nose, until he decided to open them.

"Erm, I can't really think how to tell you this but..." the pools of water were hidden by his eyelids and he let out a sigh.

"Go on," I encouraged, " I won't laugh or owt like that, I promise." He sighed again. " How about I tell you something instead then?" I suggested.

"Okay then, you tell me something I don't already know."

"Hmm..." I couldn't find the right words.

"Well...?" he wondered, I didn't continue. "Maybe you should go home before your mum gets there."

"Yes," I agreed, and started to walk off, " aren't you going to your house then, I mean to get changed and everything?"

"No," he replied, " I figured I'd stay here, I don't particularly like my house very much"

"Fair enough," I said, fighting the voice that told me to invite him home.

As I walked, all I could think of was what he was thinking. What was he trying to say? Did he feel the same about me as I did about him? There was only one way to find out.

But first I needed to get home, I could think clearer then. I didn't want to fill my head with fairytale fantasies.