Treehouse

Chapter 8 - New Clothes

Sara was waiting for us on the footpath leading to the entrance. Steffan came into her view first, then me.

"God, Soph, you dint half mean really muddy, did you? What happened?"

"I fell."

"I asked my Mum if you could sleep round at ours and she said yes, so I rung your mum and told her that you was at mine and you could stay over the night. Your Drake's gonna bring you some stuff round later, apparently."

"Thanks Sara, don't know how I'd survive without you."

She giggled, "You wouldn't."

The walk to Sara's took just over five minutes, I kept looking at Steffan all the way. Every so often I would be nudged by one of them - I think it was so that I would pay attention to what they were talking about. I could see Sara fitting the pieces of the puzzle together in her head and started to prepare my answers for her later questions.

My mind wandered back into the real world just as we got to Sara's house. All three of us were aloud in, and up we went to her bedroom. I could see what was coming next.

"Right Soph, you go into the bathroom while we pick something for you to wear." I pulled a face."Soph, you can't stay in them until Drake comes, I mean, he might not even come, you know what he's like. Go into the bathroom and get a shower now, there's some clean towels in the cupboard."

I just knew that she wanted to play dress-up with me. It was all okay, except for the fact that she gave me ridiculous outfits to wear.

"That's all very well but what about my underwear?"

"I'll take your underwear and wash it while your in the shower."

We both trailed of into the bathroom, leaving Steffan alone. I took of my undies and wrapped a towel around myself as Sara started the interrogation.

"so?" she edged me on."Come on, you so fancy him, you can tell. You were like staring at him all the way home."

"No I don't!" I denied before I had the chance to think about it.

"Well, I think you do, and anything that you haven't told me, or have slightly twisted, I'll find out about." She threw my boxers and bra over the radiator and left me alone to shower in peace.

The water was warm, and the force was powerful, it felt really good. I just stood underneath it, not moving a muscle as the heated liquid battered my shoulders. After a while I decided to wash my hair then get out. I didn't want to cost Mrs Yu a fortune.

I got out, reached for a towel from the cupboard and wrapped it around me. I wasn't exactly sure of what exactly I was doing, but I knew I had to do it fast. The fact that Steffan was just across the hall made me slightly agitated. I quickly dried myself, put my undies on, then turbaned the towel around my long, wet hair. I stood still and stared into the hazel eyes of the girl in the mirror.

Slowly, Sara creeped through the door with a mischievous looking smile across her face and some clothes in her arms. I freed her of the bundle of clothes and she pulled her smile wider. He had told her everything. She walked out of the room and threw a final smile at me, I reluctantly grinned back. What on Earth had she given me to wear?

I carefully unfolded every item of clothing she had given to me. I felt like screaming, but didn't. On second thought, I chose to wear what she had given me and prayed to God that Drake would soon show up. Fish net tights, what was she thinking? Mini tartan skirt? Revealing top? When exactly had she actually worn these? Although I really didn't want to, I put on the small scraps of clothing she had given me to wear. I took one look in the mirror and hated what I saw. I took a deep breathe and exited the bath room, towel still around my head.

Sara shot me a triumphant grin as I walked down the hall, my head hung low in shame. Shame because I was wearing such an outfit. I could see they were both smiling.

"When Drakes comes you can have your clothes back." I said as I walked past them and into Sara's bedroom to brush my long locks.

"Well, you've got the legs to carry it off."

I just ignored her and carried on brushing my hair. I wanted to change the topic, so I did. "Sara, you got a hairdryer I could please borrow?"

"In the top left draw."

"Thanks."

At that moment, Mrs Yu called Sara. "Sara, Sara, I told you your dinner would be ready soon when you three came in, come down, now!"

"Okay, Mum. One minute." She shouted back. "Right, I'll leave you two alone then. Don't get up to nowt dirty while I'm gone. Bye-bye for now."

And so she left, shutting the door behind her. Me and Steffan were alone. He had some explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, two chapters in one day.
I'm getting good at this.
Sorry this chapters a bit weird, it needs to be.
Thanks again to the subscribers.
More comment? I love comments!