Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 8.

Around a week after Spencer had turned back into a girl, she still hadn’t got the guts to tell her family. It wasn’t like she was going to get disowned for it, but she just kept hoping that maybe the wish would reverse again, that she would turn back into a guy. But after a week, she was aware of just how much her life had changed.

ry, u no u lov me…

Ryan’s eyebrow raised as he read the text from Spencer that woke him up that morning. He sighed, sitting up in bed before replying.

Yes, I ly, what is it?

He got up when he had sent it and changed. He might as well get changed, seeing as he was awake now. As he was pulling on his shirt, he got a reply from Spencer.

cn u get me sum pads pls?

Ryan looked at his Sidekick, confused. Pads?

huh?

He wondered why Spencer was texting him from her room. She could just as easily come into his room and ask.

got my Patrick, pls ry, I need them.

Ryan was still confused. What did Patrick have to do with anything? He decided to ring her, it would be so much easier.

“Please, can you get them for me?” Spencer answered the phone with.

“I’m confused.”

“Pads… I need some.”

“Pads for what Spin?”

“Let’s put it this way, I’m going to be a fucking moody bitch for the next week.” Spencer hissed down the phone. “Got it now?”

Ryan paled. “Oh, um…” Now he got it.

Spencer sighed. “Ryan fucking Ross, it‘s not like I expected to be asking you this, but I’ve been your best friend for nearly my whole life. I’m sat on the toilet right now, can you just go out and buy the mother fucking things now!”

“Sure Spencer, I’ll be as quick as I can. Bye.” Spencer hung up on him before he had even finished what he was saying.

He ran a hand through his bed hair and shoved on a pair of trainers. Luckily, there was a small 7-11 that was about 5 minutes away, less if Ryan put his foot down.

15 minutes later, with a silent promise never to tell Brendon of the horrors of that task, he walked up to Spencer’s room and knocked.

“Come in, I’m in the bathroom.” She called out.

Ryan walked in tentatively, not wanting to see Spencer exposed. He asked before opening the bathroom door if she was decent, which she replied yes, she was but could he hurry the fuck up.

Ryan opened the door slowly, and saw Spencer sitting on the toilet, blushing. But it was probably no where as near as how Ryan’s blush must look at that moment.

“Uh, here you go.” He muttered, handing her the bag and leaving sharply.

He walked back into his own room and sat down. God, he loved Spencer to pieces, but if she ever made him do that again, he would not be held responsible for his actions.

10 minutes later, Spencer walked in, fully dressed and a slight blush on her cheeks. “Hey Ry. Um, I just wanna say… thanks for doing that. I know you felt awkward, but you still did it, so… thank you.”

“If you ever make me do that again, Spencer Smith, I’ll tell Brendon to do it instead.” Ryan told her. “I love you loads, but I swear… never again.”

Spencer nodded and walked over to the bed, sitting next to Ryan. “Can we watch a movie please?”

“Sure, I’ll go ask-”

“No, can it be just the two of us? I feel like…” Spencer paused, trying to find the right words. “I feel like since this happened to me, we haven’t been as close. I just want it to be like before, Ry.”

“Don’t think that, Spence… sorry, Spencer.” Ryan corrected himself. “It doesn’t bother me, you being like this. Brendon and Jon both didn’t know you when you were a girl before, I did. I should be the one least freaking out, but Jon is so freaking laid back, he’s hard competition.” Spencer laughed, making Ryan smile. “Go grab a film, we’ll watch it in here. I’ll lock the door, so Brendon doesn’t interrupt.”

“You’re amazing, Ryan Ross.” Spencer kissed him on the cheek and ran out to get a movie. Ryan, on the other hand, was frozen on the spot.

When Spencer had kissed him, it was as if his heart started skipping beats, his stomach filled with butterflies and his throat went dry. For fuck sake, what was wrong with him? Why did he feel like this?

He sighed, determined to sort out his feelings somehow. Spencer walked back into the room, a bar of chocolate in one hand and a couple of DVDs in the other.

“I wanna watch Little Mermaid.” She told him, closing the door and locking it.

“You know, I can’t even crack a joke about that being a girly film, cos it’s Brendon’s.” Ryan laughed. “Well, I could still, but he’d kill me if he heard.”

“Hey, it’s Disney, and not all Disney films are girly. They’re kiddy films, there’s a difference.” Spencer informed him. She put the DVD in the player and joined Ryan on the bed.

When Ryan had laid down, Spencer had instantly laid down too, her head on his chest. Ryan had to work to keep his breathing even

Damn fucking feelings! He shouldn’t be having these towards his best friend. Ok, so while Spencer was a guy, Ryan did have feelings towards his best friend, but he was bi, so sue him. Ryan had seen the beauty of Spencer Smith, the male version, and now he was with the female version, she was beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

Spencer just didn’t see it… Hell, Brendon and Jon probably didn’t either, they were probably too busy staring at her tits, but Spencer’s beauty wasn’t just skin deep, it never had been. Spencer always knew how to make Ryan smile, always knew the right things to say. And although she had her bitchy moments, she had always been one of the kindest people Ryan had ever met.

Spencer shuffled a little on his chest, pulling him away from his thoughts. He focused on the movie, pushing thoughts of Spencer away, just for an hour or two.

Just as Sebastian started to sing Kiss The Girl, Ryan looked down at Spencer and saw she was asleep. He leant down and kissed her head, smiling. Spencer shuffled so she was hugging Ryan more.

Ryan closed his eyes, pulling his arms around Spencer, focussed on a few more hours sleep. It wouldn’t do any harm after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heheh. Patrick, pms, that's what I call it. But I'm weird like that. But then again, Patrick's weird for changing his middle name, so you know...

Comments? Make me feel loved, I pulled my hamstring so comments would be cool.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo