Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 9.

“Pete, Bren’s still feeling rough. He hasn’t been able to sing for the last 3 weeks.” Ryan said on the phone to their boss. Spencer was curled up against him, listening to music on her Sidekick. She couldn’t hear any of the conversation they were having, since her headphones were loud.

“Ross, I’m coming up there. You are not leaving me out of the porno cabin any more.” Pete replied. Then there was muttering in the background. “Oh, and Trick said he wants to come with, so we’re both coming up tomorrow.”

“Pete, no, please.”

“Tough luck. I want to hear what you’ve got, and I need to discuss something else with you as well, something important. We’ll be there for lunch tomorrow. No more excuses.” Pete hung up without even saying goodbye.

“Fuck.” Ryan muttered, throwing his Sidekick onto the other couch. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.”

“What’s up Ry?” Spencer asked, taking her headphones out.

“I just told Pete not to come up because of Brendon, but he wouldn’t listen. His exact words were ‘You are not leaving me out of the porno cabin any more.’ Him and Patrick are both coming up tomorrow, around lunch. I tried to stop them, but Pete just wouldn’t listen, he’s so fucking stubborn, that stupid prick-”

“Ry, you’re rambling.” Spencer said, laughing.

“Why are you laughing, Spin? Pete is going to be here tomorrow, exactly what you didn’t want to happen.”

“Well, if Patrick’s with him, it’ll be a little easier to explain to him. I mean, I guess we’re going to have to tell them. We’re going to need help for when we attempting to cover girl me up at gigs and everything.”

“Are you sure? I mean, we can go away for a few hours while they’re here, down to the lake or something.”

“I’m sure Ry, they need to know. But I swear, if we tell Pete and then I suddenly get Gabe ringing me up for sex, I won’t be the only who will have become a woman.”

Ryan started laughing, harder than he had in a while, and he pulled Spencer close. “I don’t doubt you either, I think that’s the scary part.”

“He’ll probably be confused as fuck.” Spencer giggled.

“Probably? Last time he saw you, you had a dick. Now you’ve got boobs. I think he’s going to be a little more than confused as fuck.” Ryan chuckled.

The next day, the four of them were waiting in the lounge for Pete and Patrick to get there. Spencer was biting her nails, but Ryan pulled her hands away from her mouth. He smiled at Spencer, who gave a small smile back.

It was then that there was loud banging on the door, and Pete shouting at them to let them in. Jon got up and let them in, Hemingway running past his legs and towards the lounge.

“Hemmy!” Brendon squealed. “How are you boy, who’s a good boy?”

“Are you trying to steal my dog again, Urie?” Pete asked, walking in.

“Yes!” Brendon replied with a laugh. “I’m so stealing your puppy, Wentz.”

Pete laughed as well. “So, how you guys been?” H asked them.

“Uh, different.” Spencer said, drawing Pete and Patrick’s attention to where Spencer was sitting next to Ryan.

“Spencer?!” Patrick’s eyes widened. Pete, on the other hand, sighed.

“And here I thought it was only a joke someone was pulling on me.” He said, running a hand through his hair.

“What?” Ryan asked, clearly confused as Spencer, Jon and Brendon.

“There was a side reason for me coming up here. I was going through everyone’s contracts the other day, about 10 days ago, and I noticed something in your file.” Pete got a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolded it. “Birth certificate of Spencer Jamiee Smith. Anyone wanna explain how Spencer changed from a dude to a chick?”

“I was born female, Pete.” Spencer started, Ryan holding her hand. “I made a wish when I was 9 at a carnival to become a boy because I was annoyed about being called Ryan’s girlfriend all the time, and it worked, but it only lasted for 10 years. 3 weeks ago, I changed back to this.” Spencer looked down. “So yeah Pete, if you wanna find another drummer for Panic, that’s alright-”

“No Spencer, you are not starting this again!” Ryan said, angrily. “We aren’t Panic At The Disco without you Spin, if you aren’t in the band anymore, then I refuse to be in it too, and so do Jon and Brendon, so just shut up about being replaced!” Brendon and Jon nodded their agreement.

“I’m with the guys on this.” Patrick said. “Spencer, there’s ways we can get around this, with a wig or something, and we can use bandages, and just wear baggy clothes or something. You’ll still be able to drum, ok, your voice is kinda a lot different, but we can work around that at interviews, but you shouldn’t have to quit the band just because of this, it isn’t fair. I’ve seen how dedicated you are, how much you love being in this band, if Pete was to say that he was going to find another drummer who was a guy, I’d have to punch him.”

“Whoa, Trick, shouldn’t I be doing the pep talk?” Pete asked. Patrick just shrugged and Pete rolled his eyes, looking back at Spencer. “But he’s right you know. He always is. But there’s no way that I’d get another drummer, you have too much passion for this band. We’ll work around it.” Pete smiled at Spencer. “No one can replace you, Spencer Smith, just remember that, yeah?”

“Thank you.” Spencer said, her eyes gleaming slightly from the tears she was holding in. “It means a lot, you know?”

“Oh, but it didn’t when we told you that?” Brendon pouted, mock hurt on his face.

“Shut up Urie. It’s cos I’m that much more awesome that you.” Pete smirked. Brendon glared at Pete, then looked over at Spencer, a question on the tip of tongue.

“Neither or you are the most awesome.” Spencer replied. “Ryan is.”

“Figures.” Patrick muttered to himself, a smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was a little bored, so I thought I'd give you an update now. I'm also updating two of my other stories, The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson And Jon Walker Is The Name and Boys Will Be Boys (But Are Sometimes Girls). Check them out if you haven't already.

Comments are pretty damn awesome, so would you comment?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo