Bella's Lullaby

Chapter Ten

Kristen’s P.O.V

I climbed out of the car and walked across the street to Jackson’s apartment in New York, (he bought a new one!) Twilight was now finished and we all had decided to have a little gathering to catch up and talk about…Twilight.

I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. Inhaling the puff of smoke I began making my way inside the building. I soon found Jackson’s apartment. I knocked and waited for someone to open the door. The door flew open and there stood before me…Rob.

“Hello.” Robert grinned.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths in and out and pushed passed him. “Hey y’all!” I greeted everyone else who had already arrived.

I ran over to Ashley, “Hey baby girl!” I smiled and gave her a huge hug. “How have you been?” I asked.

“Over the moon actually,” Ashley replied winking at me and gesturing towards Jackson; “He is such an awesome…” she couldn’t continue as someone very unexpected arrived.

Catherine.

We all greeted her and sat down. “The reason as to why I am here is that we are currently working on the Twilight Soundtrack and we’ve actually come to a halt…” she paused and then continued. “Problem is. We need a Bella’s Lullaby, but we have no idea what it should be. That is where you guys come in. Any suggestions?” she raised an eyebrow.

We all thought for a moment and about five minutes later Robert raised his hand, “I have one,” he suggested and we all turned our attention towards him. Idiot.

“It’s my own piece of work. I wrote it a long time ago for someone who was very close to me,” he announced. “May I?” he asked gesturing towards the piano and the middle of the living room.

“Go ahead and impress me” Catherine smiled as we watched Robert rather patiently.

He sat down and began to play.

I laughed at little but then strained my ears as I immediately recognised that tune…it was a lullaby. It was my lullaby! The lullaby that Robert had written for me all those years ago! He remembered! My heart began beating so fast, so crazily I thought I was going to collapse any second. He remembered our lullaby…yet he didn’t remember me? How was that even possible?

I felt tears forming in my eyes. My breathing accelerated even more. I closed my eyes tightly shut and began to sob out loud. Not caring about the presence all around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry for this being incredibly short. The reason for that is, that I want Robert to be the one explaining in his POV how the hell did he remember the Lullaby. And how does he feel about Kristen from the past and the present.
I'm sorry. I promise that the next chapter is going to be much much longer. I think it is easier for me to write as Rob.
Get the connection now as to why I named the story 'Bella's Lullaby?"' :)
I'd appreciate it very much if all subscribers and new readers commented.

Thank Youuu.