Bella's Lullaby

Chapter Fourteen

Kristen’s P.O.V

Who knew that a whole month could fly by ever so quickly? I didn’t until it did. I and Rob were now in a full time relationship. The day he asked me out happened to be one of the best. Well, why not? I had my Rob back in my life and everything seemed to be going the way I had always wanted it too. I had never been this much happy in forever.

After that day I never saw Rob’s friend Bekki again; I don’t know why but I felt kind of relieved at that particular fact. She was like a threat to me. I found myself becoming jealous of her – it annoyed me.

“What are you thinking about?” Rob came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist – kissing my neck.

Rolling my eyes I let out a sigh, “nothing,” I replied.

“There must be something!” Rob pestered, “You’re always lost in your own world these days!” he moaned, tightening his grip around me.

Letting go of him I picked up my towel, “I was just thinking about the fact that sooner or later I will have to go back home and you will have to go back to London. You know, we can’t live like this forever.”

“Live like what Kris?” Rob questioned, “I’m perfectly fine living like this.”

“Perfectly fine? You call living in some small flat in the middle of nowhere perfect?” crossing my arms I huffed, “And my parents rang me this morning. They say I need to come back. Hell, they don’t even know you’re back in my life!” I said slumping down upon the sofa.

Rob took a seat beside me, “then tell them?” he suggested.

Tell my parents that the little Robert we all knew and loved was back? Oh and not to forget was now my boyfriend? It wasn’t as easy as it looked – to be quite honest. Knowing my parents, they would pretend to be happy for me and then the next minute they’d find me alone they would try to get me to break up with him. I couldn’t do that.

“It’s not that easy Rob, they won’t take it easy,” I told him, “I mean it has been more than a decade since the last time they met you and to top it all up they’re not your big fans,” I informed him, sighing.

I could hear Rob gasp, “Not my big fans?” his eyes widened.

Biting my lip I took my eyes off of him, “when we parted…I wasn’t quite myself for a long time.”

“What do you mean not yourself?”

“I missed you so much I turned well…I decided to bring change in my life. Decided that maybe if I changed my image or my looks I will somehow be able to forget you. I took the wrong path I guess. My parents hated what I had become and the blame for that all ended up on you.” I explained, “It wasn’t your fault at all Rob but you know how my parents are when it comes to me. They get over-protected.”

“Us parting had nothing to do with us and you know that Kris, it wasn’t our fault, it will never be because it wasn’t our decision to move away now was it? We were too young to make decisions. I blame our parents, they didn’t think of us at all…” he sighed, “please don’t be mad at me but I had been planning this all along, we’re going to go and see your parents next week. It just has to be done, I’m sorry babe,”

I looked at Rob’s face; he was serious. We were going to go and see my parents the following week. I could just imagine their reaction and their faces the very first second I’d introduced Rob to them. My stomach churned in agony at the very thought of it. This was not how I planned my summer to be. Not one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Might have to shorten this to 20 chapters; I don't know.
*sigh*
comments are always appreciated.
-Soffy.