Nocturnal

It's A Possibility

White spots floated mid air above Quinn’s head. She pressed her eyes closed and opened them again, hoping they had passed from her vision. All that lay in wait for her strained eyes was the darkness. Pressing in on her from all sides. She rolled onto her side, her eyes adjusted to the slender bars of light coming between the horizontal blinds.

Her mind wandered back to the conference room, and her unexpected illness. She wished she would have been able to sit through the meeting, it was a vital part of her job. There was nothing she could do, but wait. Wait for Trajen to fill her in on what she had missed.

Quinn tried to keep her mind from wandering back, a month ago. She tried to keep her thoughts empty of the passion .. the groans and the moans .. the mind numbing climaxes.

Her heart thumped harder against her rib cage.

In all their hasty passion .. They forgot something vital.

A wave of emotions drowned her. Butterflies tickled the insides of her stomach. Guilt and realization twisted her intestines into knots. She sat up quickly in the bed, pressing the palm of her hand to her forehead.

“No.” Escaped her lips. She shook her head in utter disbelief. “No, no, no.” She trailed off. She pushed the covers off of her legs and barely let her feet touch the ground before she stomped to the door of her bedroom. She threw it open and stood in the doorway for a moment. She asked herself: Where would Trajen be right now? She had no idea. She quickly went back into the room and grabbed her cell phone off the nightstand.

Speed dial number 3, the ringing in her ear seemed like an eternity.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?”

“I am at your building.”

“Hurry up.”

“What is the rush, woman?”

“I know why I am sick,” she paused for a moment. “I think I know why I am sick. I am not sure yet. But I think last month had something to do with it.”

“Wait – What are you talking about?”

“I’ll explain when you get up here!” She said frantically.

“Alright, I am getting on the elevator. My dad is calling. Look, we will talk when I get up there.”

There was a beep. The call was ended. Quinn sighed heavily and closed the door to her apartment. She flicked on the light switch and went to sit on the couch. Eternity seemed to pass before there was a familiar knock at the door.

“Its unlocked,” Quinn stood to her feet. Trajen opened the door and before her he stood. “Hi.” She smiled weakly at him. She could barley smile. Her stomach was so queasy she thought she would throw up all over again. She might just do it. Her smile changed to a grimace. Trajen gave her a puzzled look. In his arms was a brown bag.

“What’s wrong? What are you in such a rush to talk about?”

Quinn’s face flashed with concern. “You might want to sit down.” She spoke her words calmly. She wanted to calculate all the things she was going to say before she said them. She wanted this vital and circumstantial news to be delivered with grace. Very carefully. There was no way around this situation.

“Brace yourself.”

“For…”

“I think I am pregnant.”

Silence.

“Quinn?” Trajen dropped into the chair, heavily. “You sure?”

“I don’t know for sure yet. I think I am. I haven’t been to the store to buy a test yet. It just occurred to me that it was a possibility , you know with last month , and all..”

“Okay. . Quinn what do we do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for my one comment:mcrluver-92 and the one subscriber.
I appreciate it. These first few chapters are going to be slow.

xoxo

Tatum.