‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 1.

I waved goodbye to all my friends and left Max's house. We were celebrating Jackson's, Max and Rider's son, first birthday. Caitlyn took my hand and we hurried towards our car; trying our best not to get wet from the ran. It was night's like these that caused me the most pain. I was engaged to Caitlyn now, she was gorgeous, and I loved her. It was just when I saw Rider, I thought so much about Clover. It had been almost two years since I had seen her face, yet it still haunted me. I would have dreams of us getting back together and finishing what we had started so many years ago.

I sighed and put my face against the cool window. I had to stop this, for the sake of my current relationship. Caitlyn and I were to marry in four months, and it seemed each day that passed I grew more anxious. Caitlyn gave me a nervous glance, and I smiled at her. She knew how I had been feeling for awhile now. We were actually very close and talked about everything, no matter how hard it was. She understood how much Clover had meant to me, and she was still willing to love me. She turned her attention back to the road as we came up to our driveway.

"Coming in?" She asked before getting out of the car.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'll be there in a minute. Someone needs to put the trash out."

She hesitated, but then went on into the house. I hurried to the garage and put the trash out before sitting at my desk. I never really did any work in the garage, it was just a place for me to clear my mind. I took deep breaths and closed my eyes. I Clover on directors cut in my mind. I could look at her from all angles and see just about everything we had been through. I picked myself up from the chair and hurried inside, I had promised to call Max when we made it home. He knew the hard time I was having.

"Hey." I heard Oliver's drunk voice. "Why did you leave so early mate?"

"Oli, just give the phone to Max." I said impatiently.

I heard him set the phone down and yell rather loudly for Max. Oliver Sykes, our friend and the singer of Bring me the Horizon, was still dating Nicky, Clover's best friend. They had come tonight and I was shocked when Nicky actually had a real conversation with me. She was a great person, and I shouldn't have used her before. Max said a few things to Oli that I couldn't quite hear.

"Hey man." He said. "How are you feeling?"

"Great. I was calling just like I promised."

"That's it?" He asked impatiently. "What about Clover?"

"What about her?" I said like she was the last of my worries. "I told you man, I'm fine. I have Caitlyn and we are getting married. Clover is out of my life for good, and we no longer think about each other. Okay?"

"If that's true then why can't she come to any of our get parties?"

"Because not only does she hate you, but she also hates your wife, who is her sister."

Max was silent and I hung up the phone. He always worried too much. We both knew the real reason Clover never saw us anymore. It was because of me. She hated my guts, and it hurt. I had heard from Shauna the other day that she was engaged to some other loser in the music business. I found myself looking up Clover on the Internet, just trying to figure out who she was with. I wanted her to have the best, when we both knew it should have been me. I went into the bedroom to find Caitlyn already asleep with a book in her hands. I took sat in on the night stand next to her and kissed her forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the Sequel to Snapshots of Reality.
Subscribe and Comment lovely's

=]
-jen.