‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 10.

I sighed and held the phone away from me for a moment before replacing it to my ear and taking a breath. "Ronnie, you are getting married and so am I, we had our chance and we blew it. I want to be your friend I do, but it is not up to me. If your fiancee had class she would throw it down with me, that is just what would happen, and she did, it is up to her Ronnie, not me." I heard him let out a frustrated groan and I hung up the phone. I was in no mood for any of lifes twisted little games.

I set the phone back down on its cradle and walked to the living room and turned on the television. I allowed Degrassi to flood my eyes, I swear anything bad that could happen did happen...to that school. I felt sleep slowly starting to overcome and I allowed the darkness to relieve some of the stress that I was under.

"Clover? Hey, it is Shauna, I need a huge favor. See, we forgot that Curtis left for tour tomorrow and well, Ronnie cannot stay in the house alone because of the cops and stuff, it is a long story, can he stay with you, just until him and his fiancee work things out please?" My answering machine woke me and I groaned. What could I possibly say to tell her what that would do to me? I picked the phone up right before she hung up and breathed out my only possible answer. "Okay. He can stay for awhile." "He will be over in awhile." I hung the phone up and began to run around the house frantically, I tried to wash as many dishes as possible and threw the laundry into the hamper as fast as I possibly could. I did not want him to see my house a wreck.

I had just began to scrub the toilet when I heard the door open and shut and the thumping down of bags. I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled off the rubber gloves. This was it, the moment I had dreaded for the last fourty five minutes. I turned out of the doorway and walked to the living room. His eyes grew big in suprise before he smiled. "You are wearing that outfit again." I looked down to see the faded motley crue shirt. It seemed I was wearing it alot when he came around. "yeah the same outfit you left me in." He looked at me and glared. "You were trying to kill me." I laughed lightly before sending my own glare. "I did not have a gun to your head Ronnie, I was not trying to kill you." He smiled and walked forward. "your the same old Clover." I nodded and looked at him. "You will never break me. Your sleeping in the guest bedroom." He nodded and went and put his things down. "Still have all of my stuff I see!" I smiled and then groaned, I had forgotten to hide the pictures. "It happens, been meaning to put them away."

We sat on the couch an hour later watching some cheesy Disney show, this is what I would subject myself to when I got this bored, and I hated it. "Can we please change the channel?" He whined and I poked him. "No bitching, now you are going to watch Thats So Raven with a smile." he nodded and laughed before taking my hand in his. "What in the hell are you doing?" He glanced away but kept his fingers interlaced with mine. "It feels so right." I nodded, he had a point, and I was loving it. "I want you to be mine again Ronnie, I really do but Caitlyn is your lover and I cannot take you from her." He nodded and kissed my cheek. "You cannot take away what is being given to you." "What are you trying to say Mr. Radke?" He pulled my face to where I was looking at him and kissed me. "You had my heart Clover an dyou always will." I nodded and pointed to the table, he had shauna's cell phone with him and it was currently jumping around screaming caitlyn. I hated specialized ring tones sometimes. "You should answer it." He sighed and picked it up. "Hello?" I walked in the other room, I did not want to hear him tell her he loved her...
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please