‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 13.

I walked back into the apartment to see Clover sitting on the couch, wrapped in the sheets. Flashbacks from earlier popped into my head and I couldn't help but feel confident. While I had went out I did a lot of thinking. If Clover wanted to give us another shot I was willing to commit to her one hundred percent. She turned to looked at me and everything was coming out.

“So, I was thinking." I said after she asked. "That we can do this. You and I can be together again, but this time forever. I want you, and you only Clover. I will do anything to prove myself to you." She was holding back tears and I knew this was hard for her. "I understand you feel that you can't fully trust me, so I have another proposition for you. If you decide to try this, let's do it slow. You know us do a few dates here and there the next couple of weeks."

"What about Matt?" She interrupted. "Or Caitlyn?"

"Let me finish." I smiled. "Since you may not trust me. I figured we could keep this a secret for awhile. So if you find out in three weeks that you absolutely hate me, then you can end it and go back to Matt."

"It's a good plan, but I don't know if I should answer so soon. Can I give it some thought?"

"Yes." I laughed, glad she was at least considering my offer. "I'll go hang out at Matt's all day, since Curtis is gone. I'll even stay there tonight if you want."

"No." She got up from the couch. "You can come back tonight. I hate staying here alone." She gave me a hug. "Oh, and thank you Ronnie, for giving me time to think about it alone."

I hugged her again and then left. I was so excited that this plan might actually work. Clover was all I could think about after I left her and now I might get her back. It was the best news I had heard in a long time. I got into my car and headed for Nicholls house. I knew he and Jen would be home today, so I would just hang there. The drive was short and every second that passed felt like an hour. I would go crazy waiting for tonight. I pulled into the short driveway and walked to the door. Matt's laughter could be heard from outside, and I just casually walked into the house without knocking.

"Hey." Matt said looking over the couch. "I see you let yourself in."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Sounded like you two were having too much fun in here, so here I am. I ruin everything."

"Clover?" Jen asked getting up from the couch.

I nodded and took her spot, she walked into the kitchen leaving Matt and I alone in the living room. I wanted to ask him what he thought about my situation and if he had any advice, but if Curtis knew I asked Matt instead of him, well it would be weird. Curtis has this thing about friends. If you're one of his best "mates", then he should be the one you talk to things about. Which made sense, I wasn't sure if I could trust Matt anyway. I put my hands behind my head and looked around the living room. The television wasn't on and there was a awkward silence in the air.

"So?" Matt asked.

"Oh." I said, remembering I didn't explain why I was here. "Clover needed some alone time and I needed a place to hang."

He nodded and excused himself. I took it upon myself to nose around the house, looking through drawers. I opened up a small one by the door and saw some medication, the old Ronnie would have taken it just to see if he could get high, but I wouldn't. I pushed it shut before I tempted myself any further and went to the back of the house. Looking through all the bedrooms. My phone started vibrating in my pocket and the adrenaline pumped through me. I thought it was Clover.

"Hello?" I said cheerfully.

"Ronnie, hey." Curtis's voice came from the phone, I frowned. "So how did things with Clover go?"

"Well they went well." I said the smile coming back to my face. "She is at home thinking about my proposition right now. I just hope she'll give me a shot."

"I'm not going to give anything away, but I think things will go fine."

"You talked to her?" I asked. "When? What did she say?"

"Just hang out at Matt's some more and go back home later. I can't tell you this time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Let us know how we're doing.

thanks.

-jen.