‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 14.

I cleaned the dishes as quickly as I possibly could and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I had a lot of cleaning to do, and I wanted everything to be perfect for when Ronnie came home. I needed to keep my mind busy before telling him I had thought about it and I wanted to try it. I could not miss the chance for my prince charming, I just couldn’t. I needed my chance to be Cinderella. Well, minus the glass slipper.

I thrust the dish into the cabinet and rushed to my room, I wanted to go out for awhile, and not here, I wanted to leave for the weekend, maybe go to New York or something, I had the money, all I needed was for my prince to say yes. I grabbed a pair of red skinny jeans and a black shirt and tugged my hair out of its pony tail. I teased it slightly and placed a black headband in and grabbed my sunglasses and converse. I shuffled quickly out of the room and grabbed my keys off of the counter. I dialed Ronnie’s number and waited patiently for him to pick up, which he never did. I dialed Shauna’s number and Curtis picked up. “Yes?” “I need to talk to Ronnie, do you know what number I can call him on.” He named off a number and I dialed it quickly. “Hello?” “Ronnie, come home now.” “I kind of can’t.” “Why not?” There was silence before I heard a girl crying. “Caitlyn there?” “Yeah that would be it. Yeah George, that is cool I will be there in about twenty minutes.” “Yeah, well George wants to know if Ronnie can come to New York for the weekend.” The line went dead and I knew he had hung up. I dialed Nicky’s number and waited patiently. “Yes?” “Is Jen there?” I heard the phone transfer and Jen came on and asked in a muffled voice what was going on. I told her and she put the phone in the room with Caitlyn and Ronnie.

“No, look Ronnie, you cannot just leave for New York, I do not care who or why you need to go.” “I am going whether or not you want me too Caitlyn, the fucking world does not revolve around you.” “Fuck you Ronnie, I get it. You want her, the girl that fucked you over more than once, and tore you apart, the one whose name you whispered for months but she never thought of you. She can’t even be happy for you, she doesn’t want anything to do with you, why don’t you just accept that?” I hung up the phone and trudged out to my car, this had to end, and it had to end now.

The large stone house appeared in front of my vision and I pulled over and shut off the car. My hands were shaking and my chest hurt, I knew this was not a good idea, it never was, but I could not stand aside and allow this to happen. I approached the door and pulled it open, I did not bother to knock or anything, I just walked in. I could hear the yelling from the front door and took off that way. I paused at the door and took a breath. “Fuck you Caitlyn; you wouldn’t understand any of this. Do not even bring Clover into this, she was a great person, you would never be able to compare.” I heard a slap and the door was pushed open. Caitlyn stood there, tears running down her cheeks. “Wow, if you speak of the whore she comes to your call.” Tears stung at my eyes, I never did anything to deserve the hate she presented. “I am not a whore.” “Could have fooled me, but hey tell you what, you can have him, I don’t need him. A piece of trash belongs with a skank like yourself.” She reached her hand back and went to slap me. “Do not fucking touch her or I swear your ass will be one foot in the grave from here on in.” I looked at Ronnie who looked just as surprised and I turned around quickly. “Max?”

Caitlyn left in a hurry after that and Ronnie went back to the apartment and I stayed behind for a moment. “Why did you say that Max?” “Because, I will always sort of love you Clover, and I want to be with you.” I groaned, it was turning out to be the same old game….
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated.