‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 17.

I let out a sigh as Max came into my house. I was on my way to Clover's when he showed up with his son Jackson. Clover called to tell me Rider was at her apartment, so apparently they had a another fight. The two of them belonged together and I hated the stupid fights they would have. It was normally always Max's fault. He would pick a fight over the stupidest things and Rider would have to deal with it. I guess she just couldn't handle it anymore, but I was shocked she didn't take Jack with her.

"I can't do." He groaned as Caitlyn took Jack in the kitchen. "I don't love Rider, and I'm tired of pretending."

"You love her." I laughed. "You just don't think you do when you're mad. Trust me Max you're like a chick, except you PMS more."

"Fuck you." He flipped me off. "I'm serious. I'm leaving her for another woman. We're actually in love."

"Another woman?" I sat up with interest.

"Yeah." He smiled. "Clover and I are really in love."

My expression changed. I had to be hearing him wrong. It sounded like he said Clover, but that couldn't be true. Max wasn't in love with Clover and she defiantly wasn't in love with him. She was in love with me. We were going to continue our separate lives for the next month and then make a decision. Max was just confused right now. He didn't know what he was saying. I sat back and took a couple of deep breaths. I needed time to breath and Max needed time to calm down. That way he could tell me what was really going on between him and Rider.

"Okay." I sighed. "Now who are you in love with."

"Clover." He grinned like a idiot. "She told me she loved me today after you left. I'm glad you've finally moved on Ronnie. Clover means the world to me."

My fist met Max's face in a second. Once I knew he wasn't mistaken I hit him. Clover wasn't in love with him, I just knew it. She wouldn't put me through Max drama again, she promised. Right now my only competition was Matt Good, and he wasn't much of a competition. Max held onto his nose as the red liquid started to gush out. His eyes were full of shock and I hit him again. I couldn't believe that he would try to do this to me. Max got himself up quickly and swung at me with his free hand.

"What the fuck Ronnie?"

"Don't you ever say something like that again." I yelled. "That's a joke that's going to far. If you ever mention Clover's name again I'll do worse than hit you in the nose. I'll break the mother fucker."

"Ronnie I'm not joking. Clover loves me."

"Ronnie no." Clover's voice said. I dropped my fist and looked at her. She was standing in the door way clutching the wall. I looked back at Max and he was staring at her. This was really happening? Clover was involved with both of us again. I fell back onto the couch and looked at the ceiling. I couldn't let her do this to me. I was strong enough to get through anything. Clover was not going to bring me down again. I let her use and use me, but I was done. If she wanted Max, she could fucking have him

"Max go home." She said. "Ronnie and I need to talk."

"You fucking think so?" I spat. "You're using me again? Clover I loved you. Do you not understand that? How could you do this to me again?" I was crying now. I hated to let her see me this way, but I couldn't hold the tears back.

"Ronnie." She laughed and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm not using you. I promise. Max just misunderstood me. You remember our plan? You love Caitlyn and I love Matt for the next month. And if we can stay together that long and still care about each other then we would break things off."

I looked into her eyes and debated on if she was lying or not. Her voice was full of honesty, but I didn't know if it was an act or not. Max seemed pretty convinced that Clover loved him. One of them were lying, but I didn't know which one. Clover let go of me as Caitlyn entered the room. I ignored her questioned and continued to look at Clover. I wanted so bad to believe her.

"Clover I..." I stopped trying to decide what I would say. Clover I believe you. Or Clover I don't believe you. That was the only two sentences in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment us?

-jen.