‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 24.

I had been in a car wreck once in my life, and I had never been so terrified. The sound of metal crunching metal and glass shattering was the most surreal sound I had ever heard in my life, and that was the one and only time I have ever been scared to the very core of my being, until I heard Ronnie crash. I had never left my house so fast in my life. Nicky and Shauna had been at the apartment and had been able to watch Katie, Beth and Monte were some where in California trying to salvage a patched up relationship and Jen had flown over seas to see Matt. I had left in a hurry, barefoot and crying. I was so afraid to lose him. I hated the fact it was my fault.

I stood over him after the doctors removed his spleen, I was so afraid. I was shaking and crying, not out of fear that he would not survive but that after this was all over he was going to leave me. I never was the person to be weak, I was never like this, except for when I was with Ronnie. Sometimes I would sit up at night being pissed off at my self for getting this way, but then I would think about what I would be like without him, and the night would get so much worse. "I will be right back." He nodded and I walked out into the hall and looked through my phonebook. My eyes fell on the one person I knew Ronnie was mad at right now, but who I needed most. The only person who would understand these feelings.

"What is it that you want? To yell at me some more? How about telling me where in the hell my wife is. That would be nice-" "Shut up Max. Ronnie was in a major car accident. His spleen was removed and three of his ribs were fractured. One of them splintered into his lung, he is incredibly lucky to have survived. He was awake earlier and we talked but he had to have emergency surgery. The doctors are skeptical at most and he wont be able to leave for an incredibly long time, that is if he survives." There was quiet on the other end. "I will be there in a minute." He said finally. I knew he was in shock, he understood what this felt like just as I knew he would. I sighed remembering I promised to call the others. Suddenly my phone began to flash and I laughed. I should have known it would be Curtis and Oli, they would just have been off stage to learn about what happened. "Hello?" "Oh my gosh is he okay? This is Curtis, Oliver and Jen and we are all worried." I smiled at the sound of concern but I was interrupted by Max flying in through the door trying to shove his arm through a jacket sleeve and I looked him over. He was not wearing shoes either. "We dont know yet, he just got out of surgery and is still a little bit out of it. He is in alot of pain, I know he is. It will be a hard recovery. Look I will call you with details later, Max is here." I closed the phone and looked at a very disheveled Max. "He is in there, any problems and I will kick you out. I only called you because you would understand this whole situation more so than the others. Call Nicky and fill her in and I will go and tell Ronnie that you are here." He nodded and pulled his cell phone out quickly. I turned and walked into the room.

"Hell no, get him out of here." I smiled, he was back, he would be fine. "No Ronnie, he was worried, he did not even put on shoes. He wants to make things right, and dammit you are going to give him the chance. He is very much a part of our life. He is an uncle to our uh...daughter and he is my friend and yours if I have anything to do with it. He just lost his wife man, cut him a break, do me a solid please." He sighed and motioned for Max to come in through the glass. He entered a little bit scared, he was frightened. I was not sure if it was Ronnie that scared him or if Ronnie's appearance is what got to him. He was all bruised and cut and swollen, not a pretty sight. "Hey man, I am glad youre okay. I was scared." He was approaching him with the wounded puppy dog act and I could only hope he kept it up. Maybe the odds would be in his favor. "Cut the crap Green." Or maybe not...

I sat in the waiting room and waited to hear the yells of Max and Ronnie fighting and I grew alarmed as I heard nothing from the room at all. I was just about to go in to the room before Katie and Shauna and Nicky ran up. They were all crying and I assumed Katie was crying because she did not want to be left out. "Mommy, is my new daddy broken?" She asked tugging on the bottom of my shirt. I knelt down. "Yes Katie he is broken, but he will be okay." I stood up and picked her up and balanced her on my hip, I was a natural at this mommy gig. "Were you able to get ahold of Robert and Omar?" They nodded. "And Monte as well, him and Beth are on their way." I nodded and made my way back to the room. I smiled through the glass as I saw Ronnie and Max laying on the bed sleeping, wrapped in each others arms. It was funny how gay they looked. I balanced Katie on my hip and took a picture with my phone for later purposes.

Katie began to squirm under my grasp and I allowed her to slide onto the floor. She smiled up at me and ran into the room and poked at Ronnie. He woke up at the contact and went to yell at someone. "Look mommy my new daddy is not broken." Ronnie's expression lightened and Katie threw her arms around him. "I love my new daddy mommy." "I know you do sweetheart, but he is in pain and you should get off of him now." I looked at Ronnie and he looked back at me. "No it is okay, let her stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, seriously.
Let us have some feedback.
We have had the samee 66 comments for like a week now, it is time for some new ones.
Pretty please.