‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 25.

At first I thought this wreck was possibly the worst thing that had ever happened to me, but now I thought differently. Clover and I were okay, and Max was kinda forgiven. Everything was just falling into place like it should have months ago. My best friend would be back soon and the love of my life was no longer thinking of leaving me. Or it seemed that way. She seemed to be over everything that had happened earlier. Probably because she realized I was right. I stretched a little and sat up in my bed. Max was still here somewhere.

"Hey." Clover smiled. "You're looking better." She sat on the edge of the bed and traced the tattoos on my arm. Right now she was happy with me, and thats the way I always wanted it to be. We could be great together if all the secrets would end. "I'm sorry about earlier. I know we weren't together, but Ronnie you know how bad that hurts. You slept with my sister, three times."

"I know." I nodded. "But like you said. We weren't together and that's who I am Clover. If I don't have you then I'm a man whore. No girl is going to satisfy me, so I go from girl to girl. I thought you would have figured that out by now." I sighed and took her hand in mine. "Let's not keep secrets anymore. Let's promise each other that if we always stay truthful, we won't get mad. No matter how horrible the act was."

"Okay." She leaned down and kissed me. "Just don't sleep with my sister again."

"I can promise that if you don't leave me again."

Max entered the room with some food. It smelled amazing and my stomach began growling like crazy. I hadn't realized that I was hungry before, but now I was starving. Clover helped me sit up a little more and the pain was awful. She told me that they removed my spleen or whatever. I didn't really keep up with all my internal organs. All I knew was that I was at a higher risk for severe infections and I had to get just about every vaccination under the sun. Apparently the spleen had something to do with my immune system. I wasn't fully listening when Clover was explaining everything the doctors said.

"Can he eat this?" Max asked Clover holding up the bag. "I don't know how this whole removal of things works."

"Who gives a fuck?" I said motioning for Max to bring the food over. "There is no way in hell these people will keep me from eating real food."

"Watch your mouth Ronnie." She hit my arm. "Katie is still here."

I looked over at the little girl and smiled. It was amazing how much she was already trusting us. She was calling me her "new daddy" and she was calling Clover mommy. I could tell that she must have not spent a lot of time with her old mother. No child would be willing to just give up a parent like that for a new one. I felt sorry for her and I would do whatever I could to give her a good life, but I would need Clover's help. I knew nothing about parenting, but she seemed to have this natural act for it.

"Hello. Anybody home?" Max said waving a hand in front of my face.

"I was thinking."

"About what?"

"About how Clover and I are going to start the whole family thing once I get out of this place. Right Clover?"

"Uh, Ronnie. Just because everything is good again doesn't mean were getting married. We have a lot of work to do before we think about that. I know you think you want it right now, but come on. How many marriages that people just jump into work?" She started pacing the room and I let out a loud sigh. I didn't understand why she refused to marry me. Yeah It would take a lot of work, but we could do it. We've been through so much. "We have a lot to talk about. Plus we need to spend at least a year together to see if we make it."

"Okay." I threw my hands up in surrender. "Whenever your ready, I'm here. You know I've wanted to marry you for so long. I bought the ring on tour with Curtis."

"And this is my cue to leave." Max mumbled. I knew he still wanted Clover. It was obvious by the way he looked at her, but he was like my brother and I couldn't blame him. Who wouldn't want Clover? She was perfect in just about every way. "I'll come by and see you when ever you get out. Okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Good luck finding your ho!"

Clover hit me on the arm and I looked at her innocently. She could always act like she hated Rider, but we all knew that wasn't true. She cared about her more than she should. The girl sleeps with me whenever she can, and then she tries to sleep with Clover's ex fiancee Matt Good.

"Now that he's gone I need to talk to you." Clover sighed. "You aren't going to like it."