‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 28.

I looked him in the eyes and then looked away, I was so ashamed. "Look Ronnie, I want to be with you but there are some complications. If you are willing to overlook these things then for sure we can go and get married and make it, but if not I will leave and then you really will have absolutely nothing but Katie, she loves you already." He nodded and motioned for me to explain. "You will not like this, you are going to be angry and hate me and you will want me dead." I explained. "Never." I looked at him again. "Before we talk about this I think we should talk to some people, like Nicky. What did she tell you?" He smiled and laughed. "It wasnt her. Some kind of friend you are jumping to conclusions." I was thrown, if it was not her then one of the others did it. One of them sold me out. "Who then?" He shook his head and looked away nervously. "You have been tlaking to Rider havent you?" It all made sense now. Nicky and Matt had been friends, whic would cause her to call him and he would tell Rider and then she would go to Ronnie. Of course that is what it would be like. A string of fucking lies and hate. "Yeah I have." He sheepishly admitted and I felt the anger rising in my throat. "So let me get this right, you have been ragging on me because I have been hanging out with Max, who is my friend and nothing more and then you turn around and fuck me over by talking to and being all chummy with my sister. The girl who took everything fucking away from me? I cannot believe you. You come after me as though I am the bad guy and you play the double fucking agent. That is fucked up Ronnie and I am not sure right now that I can be around this. These fucking webs we weave Ronnie are not getting us anywhere, what were we thinking? We cant be together, we couldnt be together last time or the time before that. We only want to keep fucking kidding ourselves." He looked at me and nodded. "Maybe you're right. Maybe we should not be together."

I thought for a moment, looking for any words to tell him what I needed to, to tell him that I was hopelessly devoted to him no matter what was going on. However, the words would not come to me, they stayed at bay where they felt they belonged. "Well, if that is the way you feel then I guess I will go. I am sorry to have wasted so much of your precious time rockstar. I remember what you told me all those years ago by the way.I could have any girl I wanted, I hope that is still true Ronnie because you cant come crawling back to the one you want. I can only wait for so long, and I think it is time. I am going home now." He looked at me, his mouth open at my calm exterior. "Please Clover, just tell me what the hell is going on." "I really think I should go." I picked up my bag and made an attempt to exit but he blocked my path. "No, tell me what is going on." "You said so yourself, maybe we should not be together, now let me go Ronnie. Obviously Max loves me just a little bit more than you. He might sell me out but at least the fucker owns up to it." He looked as though I had just struck him and I brushed past him and made the short walk over to Max's house.

"Clover?" I smiled and he wrapped his arms around me and I allowed the tears to fall. "Come on in baby." I nodded and walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. "I need to talk to you Max." He took a seat and crossed his legs, it was so much easier to talk to him it seemed. "What is it?" I looked anywhere but at him. "Me and you well, we are going to be parents." His mouth fell open and he looked at me, shock evident in his eyes. "Oh well then, that is great, I mean uh...does this mean we have to get married because well the divorce is finalized." I laughed and shook my head and he drew in a relieved breath. "Have you told Ronnie yet?" "I dont see why it would be any of his business." "He is your fiancee Clover." I shook my head and a tear fell onto my cheek and then into my hands. "No he is not, he is not even my boyfriend." He shook his head and shrugged before picking himself up and placing his lips on mine. It felt so right, our lips fit together perfectly and I felt the sparks fly like they never had before. I was alarmed immediately. It was never supposed to be like this, this was never supposed to be the right fit. I pulled away and looked at him. "I am so sorry Max, I love you but I think I need to be alone." He nodded and I left.

I Fell Like I Am Staring Down A Loaded Gun And Your About To Pull The Trigger

I looked at Katie, she was curled up with her feet underneath her, she snored lightly and I laughed. She looked like perfection at its finest and I latched onto my stomach, I was not sure what to do, if I could go through with this at all. I sighed and closed the door and walked to the living room and picked up the phone and dialed Ronnie's number. He answered but said nothing. "I am sorry, I am but there is a secret I have to tell you and it is about to show itself anyway...Ronnie I am pregnant again, and this baby, well I think it may be Max's."
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please.
I heart Jen like no other : )