‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 29.

Clover's games were really starting to piss me off. Never had I been so loving and pacient with someone before, and once I do, she walks all over me. Clover had some serious mental issues that needed to be sorted out, and if she didn't wan me anymore, that was fine. But I would get Katie. She had already gotten used to me being her "New Daddy", and I wasn't going down without a fight. If Clover wanted to fuck everything in my world up then I would do the same to her. Sure I loved her, and yes I wanted her to come home more than anything, but on her own terms. I didn't want her to come home and not give a damn about me or our new family. In fact I prayed to god this kid was mine.

"Ronnie?" She asked breaking my thoughts. "Please say something. The silence is killing me."

"Well Clover. I will talk, and once again it will be this long fucking speech that I shouldn't even have to come up with. You should be home with me right now, but for some reason you want to play games. Maybe three years ago I would have been up for the games, but I'm ready to settle Clover. And if you're having problems with that then just say it. Stop holding it off with this shit about the baby being Max's. Because you of all people should know that wouldn't bother me. Do you think I grew up in the best neighborhood with the worlds greatest parents? No. I had all kinds of them, and they all treated me like shit. So why the fuck would I treat any kid that way? I know how it feels to not be wanted."

The other end was silent and I knew I took a swing and she took it hard. But Sometime the truth hurts, but it seemed like that was the only thing that would help. If Clover wanted me then I needed to show her I could move on. I wasn't going to sit here in this house and cry over her for another two years. It was time I grew a set and told her how it was. Everything was just wearing me out. I wanted someone who could be faithful now. It didn't matter that she slept with Max when we weren't together. Simply because we weren't together. But what did she do when she went to his house today?

"Serious talk never was you thing was it?" I laughed. "Clover, just think. Oh and if you do leave me, I will see Katie. She's mine now to, wether you like it or not. You may think your precious Max is going to settle down and give you everything you want, but it a lie. I talked to Max. He's the one that told me all that shit, not Rider. In fact Rider seems to be better than you these days. I only said it was her so you wouldn't get hurt, but you know what love? The truth hurts. Rider left Matt. Max called her yesterday and told her how much he needed her, and well. She's coming back home to be with them. So don't ruin things for her because you want this sick charade to continue. Let Max and Rider be happy for once."

"You're lying." She mumbled. It wasn't hard to tell she was on the verge of tears.

"No. I have never lied to you and never will. So just call me whenever you decide what you're going to do."

"Okay."

"Oh, and Clover?" I smiled. "The kids mine. Did some easy figuring, and it would be completely impossible for it to be Max's. I'm not going to tell you why because its his place to tell you. If he is going along with it he's only playing his game. Ask him about his doctor visit after Jackson was born, and how he never wanted a kid again. Just thought you deserved to know."

I hung up the phone and smiled. All of that had really been satisfying to me. Sure, Clover didn't want to hear about Max not being able to get her pregnant, but I didn't care. It was time she knew the real ass Max was. It was hard to watch the one you would die for fall for some two-faced idiot. Who does she think taught him all his tricks? Of course I would reconize them. I sat down on the love seat and flipped through the television. Staying in this house by myself was awful. So I grabbed the phone from the coffee table and called some friends. They would talk to me about Clover.

"Hello Ronnie." Jen greeted me. "What can I do for you?"

"Get Nicky and come over, now." I laughed. "I need to talk to you guys about Clover. And how she's having my baby, and thinking about leaving me because of Max's games."

"She doesn't know Ronnie." Jen got defensive. "It could be Max's."

"He got himself fixed a year ago." I laughed.

"What?" Nicky's voice asked.

"Jen?" I questioned.

"Were on our way. If Max is really fucking with Clover then we will kick his ass." Nicky growled. "I can't believe this. Stupid little prick."

Now things were really going to get interesting. Nicky and Jen were tight and they would talk to Clover. Wether it would be for or against me I didn't care. I just wanted Clover to know the truth and what she was really dealing with. My head started pounding after ten minutes of waiting. But I wouldn't go get a drink. I was clean from all of that. Clover would find out how mature I could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Nicky and I are really filling this with drama.
But we hope you guys enjoy and leave us comments.
=]