‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 35

Leaning against the door frame, I watched Clover and Katie sleep. It was a really cute thing to watch and made me want to take Cover back. Not that there was ever any doubt in my mind about it. I just kept thinking I should make her wait a month and see how she does and then we would get back together. The thing was I wasn't sure I could handle that. She was pretty much my whole world and the thought of her living somewhere else on her own freaked me out. That's how I came up with the idea to ask her to live with Katie and myself. It would be a lot easy on Katie if she seen us together more. Give her the hope that she will have a functional family one day.

After about ten more minutes I left the room and went back downstairs. I needed a way to convince Clover to stay here with us. We all knew she was the type of person who wanted a thrill every now and then and I could do that. All I needed was for her to wait about four more months. It wasn't a good idea to smoke and drink while you're pregnant. Looking around the living room it hit me. Really all I needed to do was tell Clover the truth. Let her know that I still love her and want her. But we both needed to wait this out for a little while and then we could officially get back together, and possibly get married.

"Do you mind if I wait here until Katie gets up?" Clover asked walking into my sight, looking at the floor. "I would wake her up but she seemed really tired."

"Yeah." I nodded clearing the couch off. "I actually needed to discuss a few things with you before you went anywhere."

"If it's about Caitlyn I already know. I have my sources and they tend to tell me all I need to know."

I looked down at the floor and moved my shoes against the carpet. Clover was right, she did have her sources and they were more than likely Jen and Nicky. They knew what was going on with Caitlyn, so I didn't understand why she needed me to confirm this. Must be hard to know the guy you almost married moved on so quickly. And when he did move on, it was with someone who had taken her love once. So what was I supposed to say to her? Sorry Max ran off with Caitlyn instead of you? No. Because I wasn't sorry. I was so glad Max has finally gotten over Clover.

"Sorry about that." I said rubbing the back of me neck. "It if makes you feel any better, I never expected Caitlyn to do something so dumb."

"What?" She looked at me in confusion. "Are we talking about the same thing? About how I finally decided I wanted you over Max and you get back together with Caitlyn? About how I'm going to be fat and alone with two kids for the rest of my life? Because Ronnie you can't apologize for that. There aren't enough sorry's in the fucking world to help me get over that."

"Caitlyn and I aren't together." I said shaking my head. "Caitlyn and Max are together. Yeah, When you walked in and saw us on the couch together that was me not giving her my 'blessing'. She was giving me some crap about how it would make her and Max feel better if they knew I was okay with it. Which I am because the only person I love is you. But I will never forgive Max for all the hell he has put us through. I'm out of Escape the Fate for good."

Clover looked at me with a happier face. When she had first arrived she seemed sad and depressed and now I understood why. I guess Jen and Nicky thought it would be better to keep the Caitlyn and Max secret from her. It was just hard for me to get over the fact that she thought I would actually leave her for Caitlyn. The girl was wonderful, but she was everything I didn't want. I could hear Katie moving around upstairs and knew I had to figure this out before she was ready to leave.

"Max and Caitlyn?" Clover asked as she burst out in a laugh. "Can't say I'm not shocked. No wonder I couldn't get Nicky to tell me. I'm way over the Max thing though. I now see it was just a faze I was going through. No more stupidity for me. But I wish them the best of luck." She leaned back and placed her hands on her stomach, which has gotten a lot bigger. But it didn't make her look fat, it made her even prettier. "Oh and sorry about the band."

"No worries." I shrugged. "I was kinda getting tired of them all anyways. Did you hear that Omar was leaving too?"

"No I didn't, but thanks for the heads up."

"I have a serious question for you." I said kneeling down in front of her and putting my hands on hers. "Katie needs to know you will be coming back one day and that we will be a family again. So I thought you should move back in. You wouldn't have to commit to me or anything, we could just slowly work it out. Then when the baby come I could help you and hopefully we will be together by then. " I sighed inwardly. "What I'm saying is I would feel a lot better if you moved in. I could help you, because you're going to need help soon. I also don't want you to have to stay in that apartment by yourself. So what do you say? Will you move back in?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment us!