‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 37.

This was probably the best day of my life. If someone would have told me three years ago that I would be a father, I would have laughed in there face, but here I was. This little girl was mine, apart of me and apart of Clover. Holding her just made everything seem right. Clover and I weren't back together yet but things were getting better. We had started talking more and telling each other secrets again. Things were finally looking good and nothing could mess that up. I looked down at Emery and smiled. She was absolutely gorgeous. Then I lifter her up a little so Jen and Nicky, who were standing outside the nursery, could see her. Sure all the other babies had a lot of people to look at them, but Emery only needed the two that were here. They could give her more love than all those people put together, and that's all that mattered. When After spending a couple of minutes with her I went back to Clover's room. It wouldn't be long until Emery actually got to stay in this room. They just wanted to make sure Clover was completely stable before that happened.

"Do you mind if we get a minute?" Nicky asked knocking on the door. "Jen and I have to leave. Katie is screaming about being hungry, and she obviously isn't going to wait until you leave so. We'll take her."

I nodded and left the room. It was great to finally see Nicky and Jen getting along with Clover again. They had only been hard on her before because of how she was acting. But everything was fine now. Clover got her thrill and I got her. It seemed like a really good deal to me. And now that Emery was finally here, Clover and I could actually go out and have even bigger thrills. I would do whatever she wanted as long as she never left again. Well pretty much anything, she promised me that the drugs were gone for good.

"Hey Man." I spun around quickly at the voice. It couldn't be. I hadn't spoken to him for awhile now, and how would he even know? "I heard Clover had her baby and I had to come. Now that she has that thing out of her she can come life it up with Caitlyn and I. Yeah, We talked about it, and a three-some wouldn't be so bad."

"Get out." I said calmly. "The only people aloud to see Clover are Jen, Nicky, Katie, and me. No former friends who were to shoved up there own ass to give a damn about her. And trust me Maxwell. She doesn't want to share you with Caitlyn. She wouldn't even want you if Caitlyn were gone. Can't you just leave her alone? We have started our lives, without fucking backstabber's."

"No Ronald." He said walking closer to me. "We didn't give a damn about you. Clover is one of us, we don't need to care about her. The girl is up for the same thing I am and that's a good time. She can't settle with you Ronnie. Face it, You got something you used to be, and that's a slut."

I opened my mouth to talk but was interrupted by Jen and Nicky. At first I thought they were just going to go off on Max themselves but then both of then took a hit and Max was stunned. Hell, I was pretty shocked myself. Nicky and Jen have both had the Max conversation. About how Hot he is and all that bullshit. I guess when it all came down to it, Clover meant more. This made things easier on me. I was pretty uneasy about Max coming back. He would try to leave and take Clover with him. It just worried me that maybe she wasn't getting all the excitement that she claimed to need.

"Ronnie." Jen said turning to look at me. "Clover is in her room and they just brought Emery back. We are taking Katie home, but not until he leaves. We promise he won't get back there."

"No." I shook my head. "I don't want to make Clover mad. If she knows Max was here and I said he couldn't come back, then she might not be too happy."

"Well tell her we said he couldn't come back." Nicky said placing her hands on her hips. "She can get mad at us, because it won't last long."

"No." I repeated. "If I do have something to worry about then so be it. If she thinks for one second she wants to leave with Max, then I guess I will have to let her go. I can't hold her against her will, and I won't. But if she picks him she will have to know the consequences. Such as me taking both the girls, I love them too much for them to get sucked up in all his fucked up games."

"I don't like this." Jen said. "You know how convincing Max can be. Even if she were over him I bet he could convince her. Please Ronnie Nicky and I both would like her to stay this time."

"She's tough." I smiled. "She knows how Max is and she won't be so easily fooled this time. I'm going to go back and tell her Max and Caitlyn are here."