‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 4.

I sat there, Nicky and Monte both looking at me. I was so certain it was him, it was his voice that I heard. I felt myself pale over and begin to shake. "Whats wrong?" Shauna asked I sat there, Nicky and Monte both looking at me. I was so certain it was him, it was his voice that I heard. I felt myself pale over and begin to shake. "Whats wrong?" Shauna asked me. "Nothing, why. I am fine, I will be right back." I ran to the bathroom and threw up. I was nervous and uncertain. I went to my room and pulled open the closet and pulled the picture out. He was there smiling at me, looking as though he still loved me. It had began to tear on the edges and I sighed. "Clover?" "I will be right there Monte!" I hollered before pushing the frame back into the closet. I heard it crack and I pulled it back out and tears began to run down my cheeks I had broken the frame and the picture had fallen out. "No, no, no!" I hear Shauna run into the room and I began to claw at the picture trying desperately to put it back together. "Clover stop it! Stop! Monte!" Monte ran in and wrapped his arms around me. "It is okay Clover, it is okay." "No, it is not okay, it is not. I tore it, broke it, it is all I have. I want it to be perfect again. Fix it please." Tears poured down my cheeks and I began to hyperventilate. Monte picked it up and a small object fell out. "Monte!" Shauna hissed and Monte dropped the picture and darted for the object. I grabbed it before he could and looked it over. It was such a beautiful ring, it had three stones and you could tell it costed alot of money.

The silence was deafining. "Monte?" I held the ring in my hands. "Yeah?" "Please tell me the truth, is he happy? Does he ever think of me? and....Is this my ring." He looked at Shauna and back at me. "I cannot tell you that Clover. Caitlyn and him are going to be married in four months and you will too, it is better to let this all go." Shauna placed a hand on his shoulder and I saw her ring glowing in the light. "I just want my happy ending Monte, and I will never get it if I don't have my prince charming. And what makes it so much worse is I am never going to get because my prince charming has already rode off into the sunset with his cinderella." I felt a tear slide down my cheek again and I wiped it away. "I have to leave. I have to get out of here. I need my sister." They exchanged glances but neither of them made any move to stop me as I left.

I pulled up into the driveway, cars were scattered all over the place and I walked up to the door and knocked. Max answered the door but he did not open it more than a crack. His eyes looked down at my fingers and gasped. "I need my sister please." He nodded and motioned for me to come in but told me not to go out back, I immediately knew why, Ronnie was here. I was here wearing his ring and he was here. I stood in the doorway and my sister rushed forward and instantly wrapped her arms around me. I began to sob uncontrollably into her shoulder and she patted me on the back over and over. "I miss you guys so much." She nodded and I sat down in the opening. Then I saw him, he was there, and I knew he saw me. His mouth was hanging open and I stood up instantly. "I will call you, this was a mistake." She nodded and I let my self out and backed out of my old driveway quickly. His face was burned into my mind, and for the first time in a long time I needed a fix. I shook my head quickly before parking out in front of Max's old house. It was only like ten feet away, but I could not see the road through my tears. I wiped them away as they fell until I could no longer make the effort and fell asleep in my vehicle.

I woke up a couple of hours later with a piece of paper on my lap. My name was scribbled on it, it was his handwriting. I set it on my seat and took off toward my own house. I would open it later, if I ever did at all....
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment let us know how we are doing.
I apologize for the shortness.
~*Nicky*~