‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 45.

Clover was no longer in my sights. After we separated I hadn't saw her once. All I could focus on was getting out of here as quick as I could, maybe running all my life wouldn't be such a bad idea. We could run to any part of the world and live without the fear of Rider trying to take our lives away. Suddenly the sound of a siren filled my ears and I pushed my legs to run faster. There was noway I was giving up without fighting. All I needed was for one of us to get away. If I had a choice between who got caught, I would take the fall. But I couldn't make that decision now, they could already have Clover in custody. Then Jen would have to raise our kids, and that wasn't what I wanted.

Quickly I checked my surroundings and ran into a bunch of trees. Right now I needed a good hiding place so I could rest. If there was any chance of me getting away then I had to take a break. More sirens filled the air as I climbed under a big bush. I hadn't even checked to see if anyone saw me run in here. But as I looked through the branches I could see the cop cars passing the little shady area by. When the last one passed by I realized I had done it. The rest of my life would probably be spent running, but that didn't bother me. As long as I could have my happy ending I was okay, it didn't matter where I was. Right now I needed to call Jen and meet up with her somewhere later tonight.

"Ronnie?" Jens shaky voice came through my phone. "You made it? What about Clover?"

"I made it." The words felt good as the left my mouth. "I don't know about Clover. We can't risk calling her. If she made it then she will call us. So after we finish talking trash your phone. We'll need some disposable ones."

"Okay." She breathed. "Ronnie? What if Clover didn't make it? What are we going to do? I mean, We can't go bail her out because they'll just lock you up."

"We'll worry about that later. Right now I need you to think of a good place for us to meet. We're going to need a place to stay tonight."

"I'm at a hotel right now and we're on the bottom floor, so I could just sneak you in."

Oh the Webs I Weave, I am caught in this game.

Darkness fell around me and I finally crawled out of my little hiding spot, leaving the broken phone there. After I got off the phone with Jen I couldn't help but try and call Clover. Sitting under a damp tree wondering if she was okay wasn't working. So I took a chance and called her. The only problem was the phone went straight to voice mail. Which could mean she left her phone when they caught her, or she had talked to Jen and destroyed her phone as well. So I sat here all day going out of my mind with worry. My life wasn't supposed to turn out like this. Clover and I were supposed to live together happily and raise our family. But it was starting to look like life had no happy endings.

Streetlights lite up the dark streets and I walked with my head down. Nobody was going to recognize me because I wasn't losing this fight. Tonight we would run no matter who was there. If Clover was gone, then she was gone. As much as it would hurt me to leave her behind, I Know thats what she would want me to do. She would be a lost cause until she got out, and I would leave something behind for her. Which meant I would have to talk to the person I hated the most right now, Nicky. She was the only person who would give Clover the note. She owed it to her after all. Suddenly a car passed me and I flinched in fear, but as I got a good look at it I saw it was just a regular car. Cops wouldn't be out looking for me right now. Then the hotel came into view and my heart leap with joy. After everything I had made it here. There were quite a few people around but I rushed over anyway. Jen had said the sixth window on the right, and she would leave the light on.

"Ronnie." Jen smiled as she lifted the window. "You actually made it. Where is Clover? I'm so worried about her because she hasn't called me any today. And I know you said not to use my phone again, but I had to. Sitting here waiting for her to call wasn't enough. So I went down the road and used my phone again. But she didn't answer."

"They have her." I sighed. "She must have let them catch her so I could get away."

"So what are we going to do now? You can't walk into the jail to talk to her. I might be able to but they would probably be suspicious of someone visiting her the day after she got arrested. They haven't even announced it to the media yet."

"You aren't going to see her." I said looking over at Katie and Emery sleeping in the bed. "We are getting the fuck out of here tonight. You said it wasn't on the media yet. Then now is the time for us to make our move. You can buy plane tickets and we'll leave. I'll call Nicky and leave a note with her. Somebody has to tell Clover where we are when she gets out."

"No." She shook her head. "Ronnie we can't leave her here and if you think leaving a note with Nicky is a smart thing then your wrong. She's the one who gave us up. I know I said I wouldn't call people but I had to. I was smart though, I used a pay phone like two hours away from here. Max said Nicky gave us up because she is still with Rider on this. She doesn't want you to be happy."

As Jen words sank in it seemed like nothing was going to turn out right today. It was official that Clover was gone, and now I find out it was her so called friends fault. But the thing I really couldn't grasp was why we couldn't leave. It seemed like the perfect time to me. No one had been informed to looks for Ronnie Radke and two kids. We could be in a safe place tomorrow and all of this would be in the past. Jen just didn't understand that this was important. So if I had to I would leave her behind to. I did happen to take Shauna's card when we dropped Nicky off. I just had the feeling that I would be needing some a credit card in someone else's name.

"I'm going." I finally said. "If you want to stay behind then take that risk. "But know I would really appreciate it if you came with me. You know I'm going to need all the help I can get with these two. Plus we will let Clover know where we are. This isn't the end of her."

The look in her eyes was still confusing. She looked as if she wanted to go and stay at the same time. People just didn't understand me. Most of the time they think I'm selfish, but if they give me the time to explain they see I'm just reasonable. Like Jen was seeing right now. Sure leaving Clover behind didn't seem like something a friend would do right now, but in the long run it would help out everyone. Clover wouldn't be held for long. She had no idea where the kids were nor did she do anything wrong. Right now she could blame it all on me and get out in a couple of weeks or a month.

"How will she know where we are?"

"We'll leave something with Max. I have a plan that could have her out in maybe weeks. All we will have to do is stay hidden somewhere else for awhile." She looked down at the floor. "So what do you say? Are you in?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?