‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 46.

"Where are they?"
The blinding light was almost too much to handle as the man poked me with his stubby finger. "I dont know, I have already told you that." I would never tell, they couldn't do anything to me I hadn't already done to myself. "You knew that Rider Good was planning on taking your kids, and you knew there was a chance they would be gone, leaving you and your boyfriend to a life of drug abuse and worthlessness. So you ran. I can see why, your best friend is hauled to the hospital with a drug overdose, your sister is a more fit parent. So Mrs. Radke, where are they? Surely you know." I mentally resisted the urge to tell him Ronnie and I were not married but crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair. "May I have a cigarette?" The man nodded and handed me a lit one and I took a drag. "I have told you over and over again sir, I have no idea where they are, maybe they went to china or something, who the fuck cares? I am sure you have kids-" I scanned his shirt for a name, "Detective Gustan. And I am certain you would do anything to protect them. I am a mother, it is what I do, I protect them from my drug addicted sister. Yeah, thats right. Perhaps you did not investigate thoroughly Detective, because rider has a rap sheet ten miles long. now, may I ask why and how long I am here for?"

The handcuffs hurt, they were crushing my bone, and creating a harsh rash against my skin but I bit my lip in silence. "Orange is not your color honey." I turned to the side and noticed a woman who was obviously a man. "Thanks, I will try to remember that." He laughed and stood up. "Don't get an attitude with me just cuz you cant be fierce!" "What did you pick that up from Tyra Banks? Well sweetie, dont be jealous because you have to pay thousands of dollars to get what I already have." I laughed and she sat down, her lips pursed. I turned my attention back to the wall and tried to think of where Ronnie was, surely he hadnt abandoned me. Especially not after I let them take me. They used mace, and I am sure he knew that fucking hurt. "Clover you are ready to be released." A naisely woman said from the bars holding me away from everything I loved. Man life was a rollercoaster, I was surprised that I hadnt thrown up yet. "Thank you." I said simply. Surely they did not expect a hallelujiah and a praise the parole office out of me after they kept me here for a month and a half. I stood up and she unlocked the bars and handed me my clothes. "Well Tyra, its been fun." I shouted to the woman in the cell and she smirked and flipped her hair. "baby you could never know how fierce I am." "Your probably right." I laughed and walked to the bathroom to change.

The breeze felt great flooding through my hair that was in desperate need of being redone. I suddenly realized I was alone and sighed, where were they? I couldnt call Nicky, she was too risky, Shauna was somewhere with someone I was sure. That only left one person. Max.

"Hello, thank you for calling Harpers, sorry we are closed. If it is an emergency and you must contact a reprasentative then please call 562-2819. Thank you. the office opens up again tomorrow at seven a.m." I smiled, ronnie had tipped him off. I quickly jotted down the number that Max had said and hung up the pay phone. Eyes were on me, I could feel them. Observing me as though I was some sort of criminal. I needed to get ahold of ronnie, but I couldnt risk using my cell phone. "Excuse me ma'am, I think you look a little lost." I turned ready to lash out and a smile broke out over my face, but I caught one look at Monte's face and it went away. "I am a bit lost yes. Do you know how to get back to Vegas from here?" He shook his head, knowing we were being listened. "No I dont, the only place I know how to get to from here is Montana. Yes, I can get you to Partridge, Montana, but no where near Vegas. I am sorry I couldnt help you more." I nodded. "It is okay sir, I am and will be fine. Let everyone know that." He nodded and winked and I smiled. Okay, I had a place to go now. It was only a matter of getting away because I certainly couldnt lead them to my children. I needed to rent a car and then I was on my way. But first, I needed to stop and see Rider...
♠ ♠ ♠
so I am writing on this again thank gosh. so comment please.