‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 47.

Jen had talked me out of leaving the states, that is of course until Clover got out of jail. Then we were all headed for some place far, far away. Where Rider wouldn't be a problem anymore, and we could live the life that we had dreamed of for the past years. This morning Clover had gotten out, and Monte sent us all news of her being well. So now all I had to do was wait for her, which I could do as long as she needed. Jen on the other hand was worried. She said the cops were starting to tell the public about my disappearance and if we didn't leave soon we would be stuck.

"Is she coming today?" Jen asked pacing the hotel room. "I overheard some people downstairs talking about a guy who was missing with two children. Now you may not be worried about it, but I am. That description fits you perfectly Ronnie. We need to get Clover and get out of here now. Do you know what's going to happen if we stay?"

"This is never going to end." I yelled. "I know that, and I know we need to leave. Clover will come before tomorrow, I promise. And if she doesn't then you can leave with the kids while I stay behind. At least then we will all be happy."

"Okay." She threw her hands up in surrender. "If you think that's best, then that's the new plan. Just please don't make me wait much longer, or I may have to murder Rider. Stupid bitch is screwing up our lives."

As she continued to rant about Rider I went over a plan in my mind. One that would get us all out of here and in a calm environment. All I needed was to know exactly where Clover was, but that was the thing. There was no way to do that. The cops would be monitoring every call Clover made and received. Surely there was someway for me to get to her. Maybe Jen could meet her and go over a plan. Not like the police were looking for her.

"I have a plan." I said.

"Well lets go over it then. I don't think I can hide around in here much longer."

"Agreed." I nodded. "So you know how the cops aren't even looking for you? Well we can use that to our advantage. You can go to Clover, Monte said she was planning on seeing Rider. So hopefully you can stop her before anything bad happens, like Clover committing a crime."

"Smart." She nodded. "They aren't looking for me. So where do I need to go?"

"Well I imagine she's around Riders house."

Jen left the hotel about ten minutes later. She was on a mission to get Clover here as quick as possible, and I didn't think anyone could stop her. Watching Katie and Emery sleep made me smile. Just looking at them let me know how much I would lose if we didn't get leave here soon. Clover and I would fall apart with out our children. Hell, we probably wouldn't even be together today if it wasn't because of them. They kept us close to each other during bad and good times. Losing them would be like losing apart of me. And I wasn't willing to do that. No matter was tricks Rider thought she could use, we would win. I'd do it illegally if I needed to.

Though I had promised Jen that Clover would be here tonight, I was starting to have my doubts. Clover loved the kids more than anything and if Rider said one wrong thing, then we were screwed. I could see us having to run to Mexico now because Clover murdered her sister. As more thoughts entered my head, the more scared I got. All of this could ruin me and my chance at getting my career going again. It was obvious Escape the Fate was no longer in my life. So if I ran from this, and got charged with some crazy assist murder plan, what the hell would I do? The phone rang pulling me out of the crazy internal war I having and I answered it quickly.

"Hello?"

"Ronnie I found Clover." Jen's voice came through. "Just give me a couple of hours and I think we will be there and be on the next flight out. Rider is not getting your kids, I can promise you that."

"Where is she and what is she doing?" I questioned. "Is it anything illegal? Please say no because I don't think I can handle this."

"Listen, Just calm down and pack the kids things. You and Clover are going to get through this, okay."

Just like that she hung up the phone, leaving me to the silence of the room and my ridiculous imagination. Before this week began I actually believed that I was going to die having it all. The family, and all. But now it was all looking like a sad ending that would break me. Could we all really run for the rest of our lives? It just seemed like to me we would eventually have to face this problem and maybe running wasn't the solution to this on going problem anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a lot shorter than usual.
But there isn't really a lot to throw in this chapter.
Once Clover's POV is written things should get longer.