Status: hiatus

Two of a Kind

Reuniting

"What is this?" I ask, looking at the gloves in my hands.

"They're for you. You need to wear them from now on." Claydon says in a commanding voice. I nod, and put them on. "Okay." Claydon walks towards the door. I jump out my window, and walk towards Adrik. I put a hand on his forehead.

*I won't be long.* I say. He looks at me with sad eyes.

*What if they hurt you?* Adrik asks as Claydon turn the corner.

*They won't! I'm stronger than that!* I say with as smile as I take a step back.

"It's time to leave, Kayashi." Claydon says, laying a hand on my shoulder. I look at him, and nod.

"I'll come back as soon as I can." I tell Adrik as I follow Claydon towards the gates. As soon as we get a good distance from Adrik, I look at Claydon. "Are we going to be walking?" I ask.

"No, we're going to ride." Claydon says. I look at him, confused. "Horses." He says when he sees my confused face.

"Ah!" I say with wide eyes. Claydon smirks.

"Stay here whileI go get them. I won't be long." Claydon says, walking towards the barn. I lean against a tree until something catches my eye. I look, and see the symbol on the wall. I walk up to it.

"What is up with this symbol!" I say, glaring at the wall. I run my hand over the symbol, and feel a jolt of go through my hand. I instantly remove it, and glare at the wall once again. "You didn't have to do that!" I yell at it.

"Talking to walls now, huh?" Claydon says behind me. I jump at the sudden noise, and sigh.

"Not walls, this symbol." I say, gesturing towards the wall. Claydon grins.

"What would you say if I said I don't see anything?" Claydon asks. I look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I don't see anything......on the other hand..." He walks a few feet away. "I can see a symbol right here." He says as he lays a hand on the wall.I look at it for a moment.

"I don't see anything." I say, looking back at the symbol in front of me. Claydon walks back up to me. "Why is that?" I ask.

"We only see the symbols of those that are the closest to us." Claydon says. I look at him, confused.

"But I don't know any of your father's followers....besides you. And I don't think that's your symbol." I say, gesturing towards the wall. He grins.

"You assume correct." He walks to the wall, and moves his hand on one of the rocks. I jump back. "This one in particular belongs to....Morzan." Claydon says, examining some kind of language on the rock face. My eyes widen.

"What the hell do I have in common with him?" I ask, glaring at the rock. He smiles.

"A lot more than you think." He says. Ilook at him, confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He merely shakes his head.

"You think about it. I'm sure you can figure it out." Claydon says. He glances towards the gates. "We should get going." I look to see all the men gone.

"You're right!" I shout as Claydon hands me the reins of a pitch black stallion. I jump into his saddle, and we ride off.

We had talked all the wall to the Boer Mountains. We stop our horses. I look over at Claydon, only to see him grinning.

"Excited?" I ask. His grin grows.

"Just a little." He says, looking at me. I smile back.

"Me too!" Isay, glancing at the mountain face. Claydon jumps off his horse, and ties it to a stone. He looks up at me, and smile.

"Don't forget to keep those gloves on."Claydon says. I hear flapping. When I look up, I see a huge black dragon. It lands, and looks me in the eyes.

*It's very nice to finally meet you, young dragon rider.* The dragon says, blowing air out of it's nose. I just sit there, not flinching a bit.

"It's extremely nice to meet you as well, great on." I say, jumping off my horse so I can bow.

*Hm...* It looks at Claydon. *She pleases me greatly.* The dragon says, smiling. I stand back up straight, looking at Claydon.

"How come you never told me about your dragon or that you're a rider?" I ask. Both Claydon and the dragon look at me.

"We were waiting until Adrik was old enough to train with her." Claydon explains. I nod.

"Makes sense." I say, and watch as Claydon jumps onto the dragon's back. He looks down at me.

"We'll continue this conversation later." Claydon says, looking at me with examining eyes. I nod. The dragon snakes her head over to me, and looks me in the eyes.

*Be safe, young one.* She says as she taps my forehead with her nose before retreating back to her original possition. I lay a hand on my forehead, and feel a strange mark against my hairline. I bow low.

"I thank you." I say. I straighten back up, and watch as they launch into the air, and fly away. I grin as I jump back onto my horse, and ride off towards battle.

I enter the Boer Mountains, and look around to see destruction and mayhem everywhere. I draw my sword as I jump off my horse, slicing one of the Varden's men as I do. I grin as I watch four more men run at me.

The battle continues, and the Varden are winning. Iwipe the sweat from my forehead seconds before I see another man running towards me. I block his blow, only to notice something.

"M......Murtagh?!!" I ask, knocking the point of his sword to the ground.

"That's my name. What does it have to do with you?" Murtagh asks, looking at me in confusion. I smile.

"It's me, Murtagh! Sheryl!" I say, removing my sword. He looks at me for a moment.

"Sheryl? Bu....why are you fighting with the king?" Murtagh asks, sounding confused. I sigh.

"I don't have a choice, Murtagh." I say, looking at the sky when I hear a dragon's roar. I watch as a dragon launches itself out of the caves.

"About time they decided to join the battle!" Murtagh says with a grin. My eyes widen.

"Eragon!" I yell, worry lacing my voice. Murtagh looks at me in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Murtagh asks. I look at him.

"He's going to get killed!" I say, almost hysterical. Murtagh merely smiles.

"Your brother's been training hard since the last time you saw him, Sher. He can take care of himself." Murtagh says. I shake my head.

"No! You don't understand, Murt-" I'm cut off by the sound of a hurt dragon's cry. I look up to see Durza's pet. "I'm going to regret this later..." I say, and begin to chant something. Murtagh watches with bothworry and interest. A giant fireball appears out of the sky, and hits Durza square on. I sigh as I open my eyes.

"That was....amazing!" Murtagh says. I look at him with a sad smile.

"Yeah well..." I hear growling in my head, and look upa second before I see Claydon and his dragon sweep down out of the sky. I grin evilly as I look at Murtagh, but instead of attacking him, I run at some guy with black hair and skin. I manage to cut his arm before he realizes I'm there.

"Sheryl!" I hear Murtagh shout. I ignore it, and watch the guy grab him arm. I bring my blade up to my mouth, and lick the blood off it., grinning.

*Good girl.* I hear a familiar voice say in my mind.

*A....Adrik?* I ask. I hear laughter.

*The king sent me.* Adrik says. I look towards the sky, only to see him flying over the lowest part of the mountain, towards me. I lift my arm, and he grabs it in his claws before rising back into the skies.

*So you finished growing?* I ask as I climb into the......saddle? *Where did this saddle come from?* I ask. Adrik looks back at me.

*The king said it was your inheritance.* Adrik says, sounding just as confused as I feel.I look at him.

After a few moments, I shrug, and focus on the battle once again. Adrik looks down, then towards Claydon and his dragon before looking at Eragon and Saphira.

*Is that the dragon you were talkingabout?* Adrik asks, motioning towards Saphira. I sigh.

*Yeah.* I say with a sigh. Adrik looks back at me with excited eyes.

*What are we going to do?* Adrik asks. I take a deep breath before letting it out.

"We're going to fight!" I say, the evil grin returning to my face. He grins as he goes into a dive. At the last minute, he pulls up, and swings his tail. About 100 of the Varden's men are killed instantly. I begin to chant again. About 60 fireballs appear in the sky. With a quick flick of my wrist, they fly at the ground. Another 1,000 or so men are killed.

This continues for about half an hour before I hear a cry of agony. Both Adrik and I look, only to see Saphira falling towards the ground. Adrik flies towards the spot she landed.

"Eragon!!!" I yell at the same time he begins to dive. I reach an arm out. We get to the ground, and I see Eragon laying on the ground about 10 feet away from Saphira. I go towards him, and flip him onto his back. He grunts in pain before opening his eyes a small bit.

"Shery.....l?" He asks, squinting his eyes.I smile sadly.

"It's me, big brother." I say, putting a hand on his face. He sighs.

"I thought the king had you." Eragon says. A tear falls down my face.

"He does, Eragon." I whisper, and watch his eyes widen. He backs up.

"Watch out, Sher!" He says, standing up, only to fall back to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
...