Status: In hold

Darkness Isn't That Bad...Right?

Bring it on!

Faron turned to us and continued talking.

“The green tunics that are your garbs once belonged to the ancient heroes chosen by the gods. Their power is yours. Their is the true power that slept within you. Your names are Link and Kayra. You are the heroes chosen by the gods.”

I had a face of ‘you’ve got to be kidding me!’ while Link looked like he wasn’t really shocked at all.

“Brave Heroes… a dark power rests in the temple deep within these woods. It is a forbidden power. Long, long ago, I and the other spirits of light locked it away. Because of its nature, it is a power that should never be touched by any who dwell in the light. But this world weeps beneath a mantle of shadows, and so there is no choice…you must match the power of the king of shadows. If you would seek this forbidden power, then proceed to the temple in the forest depths.”

Then the spirit disappeared.

Me: “so…what now?”

Link was looking at his new clothes. ”Uh?”

Me:” Are we going to go to the temple and seek this ‘forbidden power’? Or are we just going to stay here while everything turns into twilight, including us?”

He remained silent. But somehow I knew that he was going to choose to seek the forbidden power.

Suddenly Midna came out of his shadow:”well, well…you are the chosen heroes and all that, uh?”

She turned to Link:”so that’s why you turned into that beast!”

Me:”I guess that explains all the strange things going on lately.”

Midna kind of shrugged:”what a shame... I mean maybe you’d rather just wander like a spirit like the rest of them totally unaware of what was happening for all eternity...right? eeh hee hee! So… what do you want to do? Do you want to head to that temple?”

Me: “I do.”

Link: “it’s not like we weren’t going to go anyways.”

Midna: ”well, isn’t that convenient! I was about to head there myself.”

Me: “so, you weren’t expecting to go with us?”

Midna:” hey, look…You want to help your friends, right?”

Link and I nodded,

Midna:”The way I see it, maybe they’re in that temple, waiting for you to rescue them…well, good luck Mr. and Ms. Important Heroes!”

She laughed, and then disappeared.

Me: “I am not a hero.”

Link:” too bad, you are one now.”

Then he started walking towards Faron woods.

Me: “what? ---hey, wait up!”

I ran up to him.

“So…did you already check if you still have weapons?”

He suddenly stopped, and checked behind his back.

Link: “yeah. I hadn’t checked thanks.”

Then in a flash, I saw a Deku Baba com out of one of the bushes near us.

Midna came out: “Now it’s time to use those weapons I worked so hard to get! Just think about me when you use them, ok? Eeh hee hee!”

Then she disappeared again.

I took out my sword. “I kill it.”

Link:”No you don’t, remember what happened last time you got near a Deku Baba?”

Me: “It was an accident!”

Link: “So, what?”

Me:” I want to kill it!”

“That’s good.”

“Hey!”

“What.”

“That’s not funny—ahhh!”

I got out of the way before the Deku Baba actually bit me…again.

Me: “I don’t care! This stupid Deku Baba is going down!”

I jumped to the Deku Baba and in one swift move I cutted its head.

Me: “See? It isn’t that difficult.”

I saw him roll his eyes. “Whatever.” And then continued walking through the tunnel like thing.

I followed closely. Who knows? Maybe there are more monsters to kill!

After killing another 2 Deku Babas, we got through the tunnel, just to find the path closed.

Me: “Great, just great. Who had the ‘fantastic’ idea to close the path?”

Link: “maybe we should ask the guy who sold us the lamp last time.”
I nodded.

We walked until we spotted the guy.

When we reached the guy he looked at us and said: “so… It’s the Ordonians! You seemed familiar, but then your clothes seemed kinda different, so I got thrown off for a second!”

I smiled. “Ha, don’t worry. I wouldn’t recognize myself in a mirror if I saw myself in one right now.”

Link: “hey, do you know what happened over there?” he said while signaling towards the road that lead to Faron woods.

The guy kind of sighed and said: “Listen…Things have been a little rough around here lately, so you should watch your step, Ok, guy? There are so many monsters now… I got kinda scared and closed off the path to the temple. But...you guys…you wanna get back there, uh? You sure look geared up for it. So here you go!”

He took out a key and gave it to Link.

“Oh yeah… the woods on the other side of this cave are covered in really thick fog, so make sure your lantern is full! You’re definitely going to need to use your lantern a lot in there, so bring all the oil you can!”

We thanked him and went towards the door again.

I opened the door and we went in.

We went through the cave almost running and when we finally got out we saw that, in fact, there was some really thick fog.

Me: “hey, maybe if you take out the lantern now…”

Link: “I know.” He took out the lantern and started approaching the fog, when suddenly a monkey snatched it from him, it went towards a bridge like thing and then started shaking the lamp…and some of the fog started dispersing, then it kind of motioned us to follow it.

Midna then came out: “Hey, what’s this monkey’s problem?” Then she turned to Link: “You idiot! While you were staring off into dreamland, your lantern got stolen!”

Me: “hey! Don’t talk to him like that!”

She glared at me and then disappeared. “Let’s follow the monkey, Link.”

After a while of following it, we actually reached a door, the monkey dropped the lamp… and left. Then some monsters appeared, and we killed them without much effort. We opened the door and after crossing a tunnel we found ourselves in some kind of a gigantic tree.

Me: “Alright… this is weird…”

Link: “come on; let’s go to the end of the trunk. I remember seeing a blocked path at the end of it.”

When we finally reached the end, we saw that it was covered by some spider’s web, but we burned it easily, and then entered the cave…

Little did we know this was going to be one of the toughest tasks in our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
i managed to post all three chapter in one day :D until the next one!