Creating Telepathic Vampires

Chapter 6

“Hi Ms. Steel, we’ve decided to help out with the lunch today.” I said happily, but really my only source of happiness at the moment was coming from the fact that I was getting out of two classes today.
“Thank you girls, oh and boys I see, you three must new along with those two nice girls, what are your names?” Ms. Steel asked the Cullen boys.
“Glad you asked Miss, I, am Emmett Cullen, pleased to meet you.” Emmett said politely, and then completely spoiled the act. “And then here’s Eddy and Jazz” he said as he grabbed Edward and Jasper into headlocks and kept them under his armpits.
“How many times must I tell you Emmett, my name is Edward!” he said violently as he ripped himself out of Emmett’s headlock, leaving Jasper in a more secure hold since Emmett now had an extra arm free. But before Emmett could get his second arm around Jasper’s head, he had torn himself out of the head lock as well.
“Sorry about our brother Emmett Ms. Steel, and my name is not Jazz,” he glared at Emmett, “But its Jasper, pleasure to meet you.” He said and inconspicuously took a step away from Emmett.
“Yes, nice to meet you boys too, so I guess we’ll just wait a bit longer to see if any other students will turn up, then we’ll go over to the school kitchens and bring over the platters of food, and set up the tables and chairs.” Ms. Steel said to us, and then went into the library and we followed and sat down at the nearest set of tables to wait for any other students. We decided to pass time by playing the game ‘Picnic,’ to play this game was very easy, the first person says “I’m holding a picnic and I’m going to bring a . . . . .” the next person then says “I’m going to a picnic and I’m bringing . . . “ now the first person says yes or no to what everyone decides to bring. But there is a code to crack that the first person has made. For example, whenever they say what they’re bringing, they would change the position of their legs, or scratch their nose as they speak, or the item being brought to the picnic can’t have a certain vowel. Everyone keeps going around the circle until everyone has figured out the code.

We had played twice before Ms. Steel came up to us with five other students who have volunteered to help out.
“Okay everyone, let’s all set up the tables and chairs for the lunch.” She said and unfolded an A3 piece of paper and showed us the sketch of how she wanted the tables and chairs arranged. Halfway through arranging everything, Jasper and Emmett started to ram each other with chairs by holding the legs of the chairs away from they’re bodies and the seat pressed against they’re stomachs, then continuously ‘Chair butting’ each other. ”Oh my God guys, look at them, that looks like fun!” I thought telepathically out to Grace, Charlotte and Rhi.
”Are you serious? That looks awfully painful if you asked me.” Grace thought between all of us.
”Grace, we’re vampires, what’s a chair pounding your stomach compared to one of our heads? Seriously.” Charlotte thought.
”It does look like fun, when we get home tonight we should have like a chair wars or something, think about it, it would be so much fun! Maybe better than baseball?” Rhi thought.
”Maybe. I think it would be fun, we could try it but we’re definitely not using the antique dining table chairs. Okay?” I thought
”Agreed, it took me ages to find a suitable Victorian Era antique dining table set, and I am not looking forward to having to replace the whole set if one breaks.” Charlotte thought as she violently kicked a chair into a table. I could see from a distance that Edward was trying to conceal his chuckles from her little dispute. So I pulled my consciousness out of our conversation and left Rhi, Charlotte and Grace on their own. I walked over to where Edward was failing to turn a table around, so I grabbed the opposite end of the table and put it into its respective position.
“Thanks for that,” he said politely.
“Your welcome,” I said politely back and gave a sheepish smile, just then Ms. Steel called myself and Edward over to where she was standing.
“Would you two like to go over to the kitchens and do the dishes after all the cooking that’s been happening for me please?” She asked us, ’At least its not class’ I thought.
“Sure Miss,” I said and started to walk out the library.
“Yes Ms. Steel,” I heard Edward say and started walking to catch up to me.
”Ooh la laa,, where are you and Edward going Maira?” Rhi asked teasingly.
”Would you mind telling us Maira?” Grace asked intently.
”We were only asked by Ms. Steel to go to the kitchens and do dishes, nothing more, now leave me alone, I’m busy concentrating on something important.” I thought back to them and started to imagine my head being a solid steel vault where nothing can get through, not even Edward’s mind, which was the point of this new exercise of my talent. But I didn’t know if it would work or not, so I guess I’ll just have to find out. I continued to keep a strong hold on that steel vault feeling around my mental consciousness while I thought of something that would definitely make Edward react to.
”Edward, Rhi and Charlotte have major crushes on your brothers.” I thought, and there was absolutely no reaction from Edward, and I couldn’t help myself from smiling. Then at that moment he turned his head and looked at me to see me smiling like an idiot.
“Why are you looking so happy with yourself?” he asked me nervously.
“Haven’t you noticed anything? I mean, isn’t it a bit quiet for you?” I asked happily while concealing my joy that I had found a way to keep him out of my head.
“Well, not really, I mean it may seem quiet to you, but I can still hear a whole lot of mental thoughts around me and – wait, did you just suddenly go brain dead? I mean, can’t hear your thoughts anymore.” He asked surprised, I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks and let my jaw hang open and started acting offended.
“Did you just call me brain dead Edward!? I can’t believe you,” I said jokingly as I started walking again, and he sped up to walk alongside me again.
“I didn’t mean it like that, I’m sorry, I just don’t understand how you blocked me out.” He asked completely out of it.
“Well it’s a part of my talent. . . You see my immortal power was that I can make a mental image in my head, and make that change come true, I don’t really know how to explain it, I suppose in some ways I can change the fabric of life, well, my life anyway. You see, I had a thought occur to me while we were arranging the tables and chairs, I thought that if I could somehow create a strong mental vault around my thoughts that was aimed to keep you out, then maybe just that would happen, and it did.” I said proud of myself, we were now walking up a flight of stairs to get to the school kitchens.
“So what your saying is, if you try hard enough you can make something happen, so what else have you achieved with this talent?” He asked now interested, ’So you want to see what I can do huh?’ I thought to myself, I stopped about two metres away from the screen door to the kitchens.
“What are you doing? The doors right there,” He said annoyed that I had stopped.
“Well, do you want to see what I can do or not?” I asked him.
“Well, yes I do but –“I cut him off
“Then watch,” I said and started to walk toward the door while I willed it to open for me without having to touch it. Then without making any move to open the door, it opened for me and I walked straight through, leaving it to close behind me. Then a second later Edward came through the door and followed me over to the teacher who was cooking with a number of other students.

“That’s a really good talent you have there, you could use it for a lot of other things as well I’m sure.” He said impressed.
“Oh you have no idea” I laughed and he laughed along with me while we walked over to the teacher.
“Hello, um, Ms. Steel sent us over to help you guys out with the dishes,” Edward said to the teacher who was kneading a new batch of dough.
“Thanks you two, the dirty dishes are at the sinks in the kitchen next door out of the way, once you’ve washed and dried them, it would be nice if you could bring them over here please?” She said as she kneaded the dough.
“Sure, no worries,” I said and walked to the kitchen next door, and as I was leaving I glanced back around to see Edward nod politely toward the teacher and follow me out with every pair of human female eyes on him. And Edward looked genuinely nervous with them staring at him with mouths hanging open.
“Food’s not going to cook themselves girls,” I yelled out to them so they could all hear, then they snapped out of it and continued what they were doing with red flushed faces. And I couldn’t help chuckling at them all.
“Does my shameful event give you a source of entertainment Maira?” he asked annoyed, and for some unknown reason I felt a chill run through my body as he said my name, and that caused me to stop my laughter and be serious once more.
“You would find it funny too if you were in my shoes,” I said.
“Well, there’s a slight problem with that, if you see my point?” he asked.
“Umm, no, I don’t see your point, would you care to chare?” I asked
“Well, I don’t think I would fit into your shoes very well now would I?” he said with a smile as he turned on the tap at the sink and started to put dish detergent into the hot flowing water.
“Gee, I really think you should become a comedian, cause you know, like your so funny!” I said with over exaggerated sarcasm as I walked along the tables to collect the dirty dishes that were spread around the room at different tables. This frustrated me because it would make more sense to put them all at the table by the sink.
I stacked up a pile of crockery bowls and held them in one hand, and stacked two glasses and held them in the other hand. I walked over to the sink to put the bowls into the sink filled with soap suds, I leaned over and felt my hair swing from my ponytail at the back of my head, to be resting in front of my right shoulder which left the back of my neck exposed.
“Can Vampires get tattoos?” Edward suddenly questioned me.
“Um, I don’t think the needle and pierce our skin, if you know what I mean, why do you ask?” I replied to him, confused to why he would ask me such a question.
“Well, I thought that seven pointed looking star on the back of your neck could have been a tattoo, but as it turned out it can’t be, so what is it then Maira?” He asked, and as he did, my breath caught in my throat and the glasses that I was holding slipped out of my hand and smashed to pieces on the tiled floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment...... -puppy dog eyes-