Creating Telepathic Vampires

Chapter 7

“What’s going on in here?” Ms. Steel said as she poked her head into the kitchen.
“It’s nothing Miss, I accidentally dropped a few glasses, I’ll clean it up, don’t worry.” I said as I grabbed a broom and started sweeping up the glass and pretended to be cautious of the glass scattered on the floor.
“Okay, be careful and once you’ve swept that up, put it into a plastic bad and into the bin please.” Ms. Steel said as she hurried out of the room to continue cooking in the other kitchen, as soon as she was out I ditched the broom and just started picking up the glass at vampire speed with Edward helping by my side. We both cleaned up the mess in complete silence, and then moved on to the dishes without another word. During all this time I kept the mental vault I had created for myself as sealed as I could possibly manage, and started to inform everyone of what just happened. I felt around for the consciences of everyone in the ‘Star Gang.’
”Gang, Edward has noticed the telepathy mark on my neck, he knows nothing except for the fact that its not a tattoo and he’s obviously holding out for an explanation. I haven’t a clue on what to do at the moment, please help!” I thought to everyone.
”Stop! Before anyone starts to say anything more we have to keep in mind that Edward’s a god damn mind reader and can hear every damn word we say or think! So why don’t we keep this to a low roar until we get home.”Charlotte’s loud mental voice sounded in my head.
”Oh, now may be a good time for me to tell you guys that Edward won’t be hearing any of this conversation.”I thought proudly.
”Why?”Grace asked after a moment of silent confusion.
”Well I thought that if I could somehow create a barrier in my mind using my talent, then I would be able to keep him out of mind and out of everyone else’s while we are having conversations like these. So what I’m saying is my mental ‘vault’ works and Edward can’t hear a thing we’re talking about at the moment”I said proud of myself, and I could easily tell that they were all relieved to hear that Edward now had no way of eavesdropping in on our telepathic conversations. Everyone had gone silent now so I could tell that they had all forgotten why I had pulled their consciences together, so I had to remind them.
”Gang, what am I going to tell Edward, I can see he’s chewing off his tongue due to anxiety, so some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.”I thought towards them, and made sure they could feel the annoyance and frustration I was feeling.
”Oh, sorry,” Grace thought and I could feel her embarrassment strongly through her conscience.
”I guess you could just tell him?”Genevieve thought with uncertainty.
”Maybe, but we still don’t know if we can trust him or the Cullen’s yet, to be honest, I really don’t think much of them yet.”Hester thought, feeling unsure of what we should do. Just then Edward turned around at vampire speed to face me, and I was starting to panic because I thought that the mental vault that I had just created had failed and he was retaliating from Hester’s comment. So I quickly pulled my conscience out of the conversation, feeling bad for leaving them without an explanation.
“Hey! Do you and all your girlfriends have a ‘Star’ like that on the back of your necks? Because I think I vaguely remember seeing something like that star on Charlotte’s, Grace’s and Rhi’s necks today in the library.” He asked me accusingly, and I was truly relieved to know that it wasn’t the mental conversation that caused the out burst, but I was now completely freaking out because I had no idea what to do.
“Umm, yeah” I said after an unsure pause, and then continued to pick up dishes from the tables on the other side of the kitchen to avoid conversation, but of course, it didn’t work thanks to our vampire hearing I thought unhappily to myself.
“So, is the ‘Star’ on the back of your necks why you all refer to the whole of the group as the ‘Star Gang’?” he asked me after an unsure pause of his own.
“Well, uh, yeah, I suppose.” I forcefully stuttered out, and I unintentionally sounded a bit rude, which made me feel a bit guilty and I had the urge to apologise but I fought the urge back.
“So if vampires can’t get tattoos, how did you and your friends get those seven pointed star markings on your necks?” Edward asked me intently as I walked back towards the sink to carefully place a few more glasses in there for him to wash. I didn’t know how to answer the question, and as much as I wanted to keep this from him and all the other Cullens, I just can’t lie to someone’s face and still have a happy conscience. So I decided to distract him and hope he forgets about the whole thing.
“Hey, have you seen that new movie called Confessions of a Shopaholic? I reckon you should talk Alice into seeing that, it could be somewhat educational for her.” I asked with a mocking smile, hoping that I had distracted him from our previous discussion topic.
“Actually myself, Jasper and Emmett have been joking about that movie, and saying that Alice would have been a better person to act the leading role.” He chuckled to himself. ”Yes! I have taken victory and he has forgotten.” I thought happily.
“But you’re not going to distract me that easily, so please, do tell how you got those ‘Stars’.” He said mockingly, and I stood there and crossed my arms unhappily. ”Way to burst my bubble” I thought grumpily. I walked over to one of the kitchen benches and sat at one of the stools, and motioned for Edward to come over and sit as well.
“Might as well tell you, you’re going to find out sooner or later, and to be honest, I don’t really see the point in keeping it from you guys any longer, and I hate having to lie to someone’s face, or have to keep something form them.” I admitted with a sigh.
”No! What am I doing!? I haven’t spoken to the ‘Star Gang’ yet, if they find out that I told him without a joint decision they’re going to hate me!” I panicked for a brief second and I was once again in the position of not knowing what to do, and why I even had to open my mouth in the first place. Then Edward’s voice brought me back to reality and my eyes flashed back towards his face, which was now sitting across from me.
“I’m sorry, but you seem to have gone mute again,” he said jokingly, but I could see that in his eyes he was really anxious to find out what we’re all keeping from him and his family. “So could you be so kind and put me out of this misery and just tell me please?” he asked patiently.
”No going back now,” I thought with a sigh and decided to just get this over with, but only if I get something out of this as well.
“Fine, but on one condition,” I said firmly as I held up my pointing finger.
“Sure, anything.” He said promptly, and I smiled.
“You have to tell me all about your family and yourself, but mainly why you have come here.” I said, and I noticed that he seemed to have winced at my request, though I don’t understand why.
“Fine,” he said after a hesitant pause.
“Okay then, well I suppose I should begin from the very start so that you won’t get lost.” I sighed, and then began the story of how we became the ‘Star Gang,’ and our secret to telepathic communication.
“Well, I was turned in the Philippines by an unknown vampire who had left me for dead after he or she had drained most of my blood, I don’t know how it happened but after three torturous days, I became this. I vaguely remember my human life, but the fact that I knew I had family living all over the country revolted me from feeding on the people, because whenever I had approached someone, the thought that this person had a family to go home, and friends who counted on them, had always crossed my mind and it revolted me to take their life. I had thrived there for a few weeks on farmer’s cows and buffalos, but I couldn’t live like that, knowing that I was probably ruining lives of families anyway, because the cow or buffalo of a family, was the main income for them. So I decided to go and travel around the world, moving different places so I didn’t disturb so many people farms in the one area. In the Philippines there are hardly many wild animals or forests of huge expanses, so there was hardly any other way. After travelling for about a year, I had arrived to England. I was enjoying the scenery very much because England was one of the places I had always wanted to see as a human, I was walking down a local street, and that was when I had caught the scent of another vampire walking past. I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned around to see a figure that was standing a few paces behind me, and was also standing as still as myself. The figure turned to face me, and I was honestly relieved to see a pair of golden eyes that belonged to a female vampire. We talked and became quite comfortable with each others, she invited me to her house where we talked and just got to know each other better; we became very good friends. This is how I met Charlotte.” I said with a smile as I recalled the times I spent with her in England.
“And what does this have to do with how you can hear each others thoughts when ever you lot feel like it?” Edward asked, looking rather confused to the direction of the conversation.
“Well I have to tell you all of this so that you don’t get confused when I get to that part. So if you don’t mind, zip it please.” I sighed.
“Sorry, sorry,” he said as he put up his hands in surrender.
“Thank you,” I said, and then continued with what I was saying.

“So after living with Charlotte after about half a year, she decided that we should go on a world tour that started with Europe. We travelled to all sorts of places together, and for winter that year we planned to go skiing in Switzerland just for the fun of it. We had planned to stay in Switzerland for about a week and then move on to Germany. But while we were travelling along the farmlands of Switzerland, we heard the moans and groans of someone who was obviously in a lot of pain. We followed the sound and were led to a girl around our age that had been dumped on the ground and was left to die; she had been dumped in a clearing within a small forest on the outskirts of a farm. And at first sight, it was obvious to us that she had been bitten by one of our own, and that her blood had been just about completely drained, which shocked us both to the fact that she was still alive. We decided to save the poor girl and give her a second chance at life, because it was clear that this girl had a life to live and she was a student at a university of some sort, telling from the items she was carrying with her. We bit the mysterious girl so that there was venom in her system, we decided that we would stay in that clearing, considering the fact that no one should be able to find us there unless they were really looking for us. Throughout her transformation, we told her what she was becoming, and once she had completely transformed, we introduced her to feeding on animals instead of humans. She was very upset to begin with, knowing that she was never going to see her family or friends again, but she began to get over it and live with the present and not the past. This is how myself and Charlotte met Grace in Switzerland on our world tour. Grace joined us on our tour around the world, which really helped her get used to the scent of the humans around her. After we had travelled the whole of Europe and Asia, we swam to Australia and went to see all of the landmarks known to the world that were there. While we visited Brisbane, which is the capital city of Queensland in Australia, we had to run out of the city and into the outback to do some hunting. We did some research on overpopulated animals around the area, and if truth be told there was a huge over population of wild brumbies, so that’s where we went to hunt. We set out in the general direction of the Snowy Mountains, and about fifteen kilometres out from where the mountains began, we came across a herd of wild brumbies and we gave in to instincts from there on. We quenched our thirsts soon enough and were just about to start heading back to Brisbane when we suddenly caught the scents of five unfamiliar vampires coming from the direction in which we had come. Charlotte, Grace and myself ran towards a small mountain of boulders and stayed downwind whilst we climbed them to observe the vampires that were heading towards our direction. We stood behind a boulder that hid us from their view while we could still observe them as they approached. The Carcasses of the Brumbies we had just fed from still lay lifelessly on the ground completely drained of blood. Just then the five vampires we had caught the scents of came into view, we observed them for a while and noticed that they were also ‘vegetarians’ like ourselves. We saw they were in a heated argument about the freshly blood drained Brumbies, so we revealed ourselves to these strangers. We had climbed on top of the boulder we were hiding behind, then all three of us jumped off at the same time and landed a few metres away from the unknown lot of vampires. And seeing the faces and reactions they gave us just after our little appearance, was so funny that the three of us couldn’t contain our laughter and were clutching our sides from the pain of it all in no time. The five of them had soon joined in with our laughter and were also clutching their sides in pain as well; once we had all settled down we introduced ourselves to each other and got talking. As it turned out, this group of vampires were ‘vegetarians’ like we had suspected, and they coincidentally maintained a permanent residence within Brisbane. Charlotte told them that we were roamers and were currently touring around Brisbane, and these five vampires invited us to stay with them at their home for a while which we gladly accepted. And this was how we met Abagail, Genevieve, Rhi, Hester and Zona, though I still haven’t asked them all how they met each and their own history, even if I did, that wouldn’t be my story to tell.” I paused as I remembered that funny day on the outskirts of the ‘Snowy Mountains.’
“Very interesting history, you lot have come a long way I see.” Edward said thoughtfully.
“Yeah, I guess we have,” I replied with smile, and started to think of all the things we had done on our travels around the world, and I guess I got a bit too deep into the memories, because Edward suddenly cleared his throat and was looking at me with an anxious expression.
“Sorry, what did you say?” I said, completely confused and out of it.
“You were saying?” he asked me
“Sorry, was I day dreaming out loud again?” I asked in mumbles of embarrassment, and to this he found funny.
“What are you laughing at?” I asked defensively.
“I wasn’t referring to your day dreaming problems, though it’s nice to know, but I was referring to what you were saying just before.” He paused, “about how you and your friends can talk to each other telepathically?” he added when I still didn’t click.
“Oh! Right, sorry, I tend to zone out sometimes.” I said, and I was thinking about how red my face would be if I were still human, in fact, I thought I could actually feel heat radiating off my face, but I knew that it wasn’t happening, so I continued.

“So, where was I?” I asked more to myself than Edward, but he still answered the question.
“I do believe you were just past the part about how you, Charlotte and Grace decided to live with the other five in their Brisbane house for a while?” He said, though it sounded more like a question.
“Oh! Yes, that’s right.” I said then continued once more. “So we stayed with the five at their house for about two years, and that was the longest amount of time we had spent in the one area, we had even gone to school with them. But we still had places to go in this world, and we hadn’t gone to America to see the sights and attractions it would bestow upon us yet. So we spoke about it with the five and we came to the conclusion that all eight of us would travel to America and see and do as much as we could over there. So we travelled all over America, but ran into trouble when we were observing the infamous tide pools at the beaches of La Push, which is not far from the town of Forks in Washington, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of the place b –“ Then Edward suddenly cut me off.
“You were in Forks!? The whole lot of you! And then you ran into the wolves and they never even told us that they had had met eight other vampires other than ourselves before then!?” He practically yelled at me.
“I thought you couldn’t read my mind anymore due to that vault thing I came up with.” I said suspiciously.
“What? No, it’s just that I know of these werewolves that you were talking about.” He said in a rush.
“But I hadn’t even said anything about werewolves yet, how could you have known if –“he cut me off again
“It was just darn obvious that that was what you were going to say okay? Your easy to read even when you’re a mute, it reminds me of someone I used to know…” he trailed off with a an expression of sadness, but it looked like he was trying really hard to keep himself composed.
“Can I just finish what I’m saying without interruptions, and then you can say what you have to. But if that’s not going to be the case then you can forget about everything I have just told you.” I said as I started to get off the stool.
“No wait! I’m sorry, I won’t interrupt while your talking unless I really have to, and then I’ll talk once your finished. I promise.” he said sincerely.
“Thank you” I sighed, annoyed with his outburst.
“Please, continue,” he gestured with his hands.
“Okay, so you know where Forks is, and of these werewolves that guard the reservation at La Push. So continuing on,” I paused to throw him an annoyed look, “we ran into some trouble with these Quileute Boys while were at the tide pools, there was a family nearby with children, so we all agreed to take the conversation into the woods, well away from where any humans could witness, or hear what was going on. We ran deep into the forests and as soon as we had gone deep enough into the forest, the Quileute boys phased into wolves which really freaked us out considering their the size of horses, the wolves stopped when we were really deep in the forest and definitely we away from human ears, so they decided it was safe enough to talk in that area.” I paused to get my sarcasm across to him. “But as it turned out they had other things on mind, they wanted to fight us to the death.” I said as I rolled my eyes, and Edward threw me a confused look.
“How does that work if all of you are still alive, and if the werewolves lived as well?” he asked me.
“I was getting to that bit,” I chuckled and he looked embarrassed with himself for once again interrupting when it was unnecessary to.

“So the werewolves got really angry that we had trespassed onto their land, and they hated the fact that their people were in danger due to our presence. So they were determined to make sure that our presence was no more, so a fight began and things got ugly before we could get the wolves temper in check and discuss a compromise with them.” Edward clenched his jaw as I mentioned the wolves temper issues, and I couldn’t imagine as to why he would react like that when it was so unnecessary, but I decided to ignore it for now. “But unfortunately during the fight, some of us lost a few limbs here and there, and had to go and fetch them to heal and reattach themselves. We eventually got control over the wolves with a lot of help from Grace’s talent, her talent became very useful in that event, she can manipulate the growth of plants around her, so what she did was got all of the trees around us to create unescapable chains of roots that held the wolves where they were.”
“Wow, that’s a brilliant talent, I must get Grace to show me what she can do some day.” Edward said impressed, and I just patiently continued to tell the story.
“Yes, so once the wolves were immobile, we started bombarding them with questions, and we got frustrated that they weren’t replying to any of them, so we started to get quite angry with them. After a while charlotte came up with the brilliant suggestion that I just go through their heads to find out what they were thinking considering they weren’t going to talk to us. I broke the mental defences of what looked to be the Alpha wolf and was quite surprised to hear more than one mental voice sounding in his head. I made my mental voice heard to them and they still freaked even though they knew that I was about to talk with them mentally. I asked them why they wouldn’t answer any of our questions, and even if they didn’t want to tell me I would find out anyway because I could hear all thoughts, I’m sure you know all about that one.” I directed at Edward and he chuckled darkly. “So anyway I found out that they couldn’t talk while they were in their wolf form, and would have to phase back if they wanted to talk, but the problem was the fact that if they phased back they would be seen in their birthday suit, which made them, and ourselves uncomfortable, so we then understood why they were hesitant to phase back in front of eight female vampires. But they reassured us that they did have clothes with them and would phase back as long as we turned our backs, and would only turn back around when they were all covered up. After a while we gave in and agreed to their request as long as grace could manipulate the trees to form a huge cage around them so that we knew that they weren’t going to attack while our backs were turned. I pulled my conscience away from theirs as they phased back, for I didn’t want to see what they would soon be seeing, then they had informed Grace they were ready, then she let the trees sink back into the ground so that they could grow naturally without Grace’s influence. After a heated discussion with them, we came to an agreement that as long as we left immediately with them escorting us out of the town limits of La Push, we would all get leave with our lives, and they too would live to tell the story.” I said with the roll of my eyes. “So we left La Push with a pack of four wolves on our tails the whole way. Now before you go saying, hey, you completely doubled them in size, why didn’t you just take them out? Well before you ask that question I’ll answer it, but the reason was we didn’t want to get into a fight that was completely avoidable, and we kept in mind that these people, well wolves, actually have families to go home to, where we don’t.” I said sadly, then took a deep breath and continued with the story. “So we left La Push and decided that we would go back home to Australia and put off travelling for a while. The day after we arrived back home from America, we had gotten back into our usual routine. So I was giving Abagail a piano lesson that morning and we had just gotten started, but Abagail was having trouble playing the piece and she kept saying that it wasn’t her fault but her fingers fault instead. And to this I had no idea what she was going on about, so I got her do a C major scale with both hands together, and as we got her middle finger, her left played the note but the right hand middle finger did nothing when she tried to move it. I got Abagail to continue to try and move the finger but it wouldn’t move but she insisted that she could feel it moving. Then all we heard was Charlotte screaming from upstairs, and within a micro second, she was in the entertainment standing next the piano where Abagail and myself sat, while she continued to scream and hold up her right hand. Charlotte continued to rant that her finger was alive and that she no longer had control over it, everyone was baffled and had no idea what to do, then when we told Charlotte to actually try and move it herself, Abagail screamed and said that her finger was now moving without her intending to. This gave us an idea to what was going on.”
“We stood Charlotte and Abagail next to each other and got them to hold up their right hands, Grace told them that when she pointed to one of them, she would want that person to move their own finger, or at least try to. Grace first pointed to Charlotte and then Abigails’ middle finger suddenly dipped down then back up, she then pointed to Abagail but Charlotte’s finger dipped forward and back up. Just then Charlotte denied that she had done nothing and that it was probably Abagail who did something, and she aimed this towards Abby, which took Abagail by complete surprise. Then Abagail claimed that Charlotte must be able to read minds now because Charlotte had retaliated to what Abagail had just thought, but Charlotte had insisted that Abagail had said it aloud the accusation aloud, but none of us had heard Abagail say anything. We couldn’t figure out what was going on so we just let the matter drop seeing as we couldn’t figure out what was going on. We soon went back to high school and everything was back to normal, well almost normal because somehow Charlotte and Abagail kept hearing each others thoughts here and there. Over a period of time, the two of them figured out that as long as they decided that they wanted their thoughts to be heard by the other, then it was possible to hear the thoughts of what the other person wanted to share. But because it worked like that, they couldn’t hear each others really personal thoughts, thoughts that they would prefer to keep to themselves. So basically, it was like a normal spoken conversation, only it wasn’t spoken aloud; obviously.” I laughed and then Edward joined in with me.
“Then one day Charlotte noticed that if she looked closely at her middle finger on her right hand, she could see a slight change in the skin tones from where her finger joins the knuckle. Her finger seemed to be slightly darker shade of pale, and that was when it had hit her. That day when we had fought the wolves in La Push, she and Abagail both had their middle fingers ripped off by the wolves during the short fight that broke out, and that could only mean that they had accidently picked up each others fingers and they had healed them back onto each others hands as if they were their own, so they hadn’t noticed it at all. Until Charlotte noticed it then,” I said in a voice that was left to hang in the air while Edward sat to contemplate what I had just told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't really had as many comment as I would like so far. The more comments I get then the longer the chapter shall be, and the sooner it should be updated. So the more you guys comment, the chapters would get be as long as this one or longer, my god, this chapter was 5,000 words!! The most I've ever wrote in one chapter. Please Comment Guys..... Happy Reading XD